HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna gives Gregori a gentle elbow to the side as she says in a low, but teasing tone, "Sure, you didn't mean to invite me to share your bed. But earlier, you did mention something about making me an Ustalav though. Is that your idea of an initiation?"

The joking sparks her to some wakefulness, but doesn't eliminate the fatigue itself.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well there is someone over there," Toddy whispers inside Marshan's skull. The priest looks to the eidolon and then follows his elongated neck and head as Toddy uses them to point.

"And he looks odd even without color. I do believe he is missing an arm and half his face." Toddy says aloud in shock.

[sblock=OOC] Meet me here...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/302071-carrion-crown-closed-group-ct-17.html

For INIT rolls and give me stat blocks please. (remember it is the same "day" as the fight with the thugs)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Toddy sees something moving over..." Marshan starts to say. But Firvinianna recognizes it as a zombie and identifies the creature, "That is a zombie. It moves slow and can absorb some damage unless you use a slashing weapon." she says casting a quick spell before moving away from both the zombie and the group.

Halál shifts his gaze to Toddy's mark. "Well, crap."

Gregori squints, trying to force his tired eyes to focus. "What? Oh. I knew it!"

A black ray erupts from the half-drow's outstretched hand and misses as the creature moves slowly towards the others. With a vexed click of her tounge Firvinianna again points but this time hits her mark. "Return to the grave, hellspawn!"

Marshan and Toddy both attack from a safe distance as Gergori draws his sword and moves in. Marshan connects coming down hard on the zombies shoulder and bones can be heard to break. But the zombie doesn't react to the blow. Toddy knows that the thing will taste more than bitter and probably a lot like dirt but he snaps at it anyway, with disdain. His teeth get close and he is almost thankful the thing is just a hair to far away.

Halál casts his own spell versus the undead, although his ray has a purple overtone to it as the magic flies wide. He draws his serrated sword ready to move around the creature.

Gergori now face to face with the foul smelling, dirt covered, worm ridden corpse looks taken aback for only a moment. Then he uses the sword to slice and hack of large portions of the thing.

It raises it's one arm and the cursed ranger loops it off. Then it moves a step forward a moan escaping it's lips as it opens it's mouth to bite at him. With a quick swipe the ranger takes the creatures head from it's "broken" shoulders. The rest of the body falls to it's knees before dropping the rest of the way to the ground with the head and arm.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna mutters a few elven words of thanks to her goddess and then yawns with fatigue yet.

"Nasty creatures. You don't suppose there are more of them about? I think Zombies enjoy dining on brains, but Marshan's little friend might be safe. I seriously doubt the graveyard's undead guardians are letting normal grave robbers free reign in here this night."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan and Toddy

"Maybe he was heading to the bar to be part of tomorrow's chowder?"

"Toddy, look around for where that thing crawled out of. Look for a fresh hole in the ground. I am going to go move the little yew so we can get out of here."

"Aye, boss."

Marshan heads towards the professor's grave. Toddy lags behind, but keeping within visual distance, looking over the area for fresh dirt piles.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Gods curse it all! I knew this place was too cheery to be true." Gregori shakes his head and wipes his blade down on a hummock of grass before following after Marshan. He'll stand guard when Marshan does his tree transplanting.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál, sabre still drawn, stands with Gregori. "Cheery . . . yes, that's just the word! We come for the funeral of a friend, are immediately attacked by the locals over a question of interring a Necromancer in sacred ground, hear rumors of ghost haunting the prison that burned to the ground with all hands - plus the warden's wife - inside, and then are attacked by a zombie in the grounds that are too sacred for the burial of a necromancer. Cheery is exactly what I'd call this place." He cracks his beak in what the others have come to recognize as the Tengu version of a grin.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna follows along and remarks, "If there are necromancers about, then it stands to reason they would use the corpses here for their nefarious rituals."

"If the yokels thought the Professor was one, there must be others under suspicion, correct? Do you suppose The Whispering Way has agents here in Ravengro? Maybe we should talk to Father Grimburrow tomorrow morning."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
"Praise be to Erastil! He gave us battle, excitement and a mystery to solve. Far better than plowing the fields or milking the goats."

"I shall even say thank you to Pharasma. She put us there at the time needed to cut down that abomination. Hunting necromancers? I'm pretty sure she put us on that path."

Marshan checks to be sure the professor's resting place has not been disturbed this evening.

"Now let me get this little guy moved so we can get some rest."

Marshan transplants the yew from the foot of the grave to the east side of the headstone. Using his dagger, he disturbs the dirt in small path taking a wide walk around the professor's plot to connect from where the yew was, to where it is now. "Grow and be strong little protector." and then falling into elvish, he casts a channel positive energy to nourish the little yew.

Pondering to himself, "Next funeral I go to, I gotta bring a scroll of plant growth with me."

"OK. All done. Now to bed."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori grins in sheepish cameraderie with Halal fully aware he's been called out and amused by it. "Well, nefarious rituals are what necromancers do. You can't walk a league in Ustalav without tripping over one. We were bound to stumble across one or his handiwork. Hopefully we'll root him out and get to cleave him. Or her." He glances over at Firvin. "Women are notorious for becoming necromancers."

Gregori watches with interest as Marshan makes fake treant tracks. "Don't know what treant tracks look like but I'm pretty sure they don't wear boots." He reaches over the loose soil and breaks up a boot print until it is no longer recognizable. "I'm all for heading back to the Professor's for a bit of sleep before we start looking into this Whispering Way business."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases