HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori's eyes are bloodshot from reading all day. "I tried to find out more about the local history. If we go up to Harrowstone, and I think we should but not necessarily too soon, then I thought if we knew more about the ghost we've been told is up there, the warden's wife, that could only help us. Except the Professor's library was not very forthcoming about it." He looks about glumly.

"The Professor's journal, if you'll remember, mentioned some sort of weapon or tool to use against spirits. Locked away in some mausoleum in the Restlands. Maybe we should take another excursion out that way some night."

Day 2: assist Marshan in his researches.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Firvin and I payed our respects at the local church, and met one of the priests. We couldn't speak with Father Grimburrow because he was at the graveyard dealing with an unearthed and mutilated corpse . . . The mutilation was our doing, I've no doubt. It's possible we should steer clear of the Restlands for a little to allow things to calm down; on the other hand, such occurrences are fairly commonplace here. It is Ustalav, after all."

The bird-man takes his repast with the others and turns in.

[sblock=Day Two Plans]Help Marshan with his research.

Aid (Knowledge): 1d20+9=14[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
-1 Trust - Note after each day until the adventure is complete the party loses 1 Trust point.

Day 2 Summary:

The next day dawns much like the day before and the weather seems to be getting worse instead of better. The sun doesn't come out once all day and rain, heavy at times, beats at the windows almost the entire day.

The group all stay in to go over the books in The Lorrimor House library one more time. It is long exhausting work, but in the end they know they have tapped this resource for everything they can. This adds a bit of satisfaction if not a couple more answers. Which in turn lead to other questions.

That night everyone's mood is solemn as they eat dinner. Each lost in his or her own thoughts.

"I'm sorry but is something wrong?" Kendra asks after what seems an eternity of silence.

[sblock=Last bit of info gathered on The Whispering Way]Exact details on the society are difficult to discern, but chief among the Whispering Way’s goals are discovering formulae for creating liches and engineering the release of the Whispering Tyrant. Agents often travel to remote sites or areas plagued by notorious haunts or undead menaces to perform field research or even to capture unique monsters. Their symbol is a gagged skull, and those who learn too many of the Way’s secrets are often murdered, and their mouths mutilated to prevent their bodies from divulging secrets via speak with dead.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna is in a somber mood after learning and sharing the information on the liches and Whispering Tyrant.

Since their hostess avoided this question yesterday, she asks it again, "Kendra, is there something we can do that might endear us to the townsfolk? We are planning to be here for some time and we would like to get along better than we have so far."

Believing that they have learned all that they can from the Professor's library on the Whispering Way, she plans to focus on the Harrowstone the next day.

Day 3
:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3009110/Knowledge History (1d20+5=17)

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori is eating like there is no tomorrow because there probably won't be a tomorrow. He looks up from his plate rather surprised at Kendra's question. "Don't know how much you know about your father's research but he was looking into some people who are doing some unsavory things. It's a almost enough to put a man off his feed." He stuffs a heaping forkful of meat and potatoes into his mouth, points his fork at Firvinianna and hastily swallows. "I'm done with making myself go blind pouring over the Professor's books; I don't think we'd find out much more from them anyway. I think it's time we walked through Ravengro's alleys and get to know the town and people a little better."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"And I. Our little trip to the church yesterday left me with a taste for more. I'm thinking the church library will be a treasure once we gain access, so I'll be taking at least a little time each day for devotions. Other than that, I'm free as a bird . . ."

Satin Knights

First Post
"So, it looks as if the men will be wandering the town tomorrow. Checking out the various markets, taverns and shops may do us some good."

Day Three Diplomacy/Gather Information

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
At dinner:

Kendra shakes her head a little. "Nothing I know of. This town is a little more suspicious of strangers than say a large city where strangers are so uncommon, but here it is a lot harder to get people out of their shell."

"My father had made a few friends. They were at his funeral, so maybe they would be more acceptable of outsiders, like my father was." she starts to get a look as if pondering something then continues. "A good place to start might be with Jominda Fallenbridge, she was a dear friend of fathers, the local apothacary. She has a shop in town I believe."

After this the rest of the conversation turns to what might be useful to swade the townfolk, but in the end it is decided that each may be different in their own way and it best to "feel them out" first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases