HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Day 3

-1 Trust

The next morning the group is at breakfast ready to tackle the day. Marshan is almost finished when Toddy sends him a message.

[sblock=Marshan] "Two men coming towards the house. Looks like they are headed to the front door since they are following the path."

"Oh, and save me some of those tarts. I smelled them baking all morning."[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
As Marshan reaches down to instinctively verify his dagger is in his belt sheath, "There are two men approaching the front door." Marshan grabs a couple more tarts and puts them on his plate before standing to deal with the interruption. Since his armor and hammer are in the other room, "This better be a social visit."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna was daintily picking at her breakfast and cocks her head inquisitively as Marshan mentions visitors.

She suggests, "Shall we receive them in the parlor or just make them wait outside? Kendra, do you want us to accompany you when you answer the door?"

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Kendra looks confused for only a moment. "No, no. I will not make it seem I am scared to answer my very own door." She says to Firvin. "Please wait in the parlor I will bring whomever it is in."

She straightens her skirts and then heads towards the foyer to answer the door.

From the small sitting room the group can here the usual noise that comes from greeting someone at the door. Although they can't make out anything it must not be trouble because soon they hear Kendra and the men walking towards the room.

Kendra enters the room first a worried look upon her face. She gives everyone a look as if she has no idea what is going on and then turns to introduce the two men as the enter the room.

"I'm sure you all remember Father Grimburrow from the day of my father's services," she says as the old wrinkly no nonsense man enters. His robes are of a dark purple that is close to black and hemmed in a lavender that seems to create a spiral effect at his forearms.

"And this is Sheriff Caeller," she says then bites her lip a little nervous. "They say they have come to speak with all of you."

Kendra stands near the doorway as the two men enter. The old churchman just stands near the center of the room and folds his arms into the sleeves of his robe. Sheriff Caeller looks far younger than he is standing next to the priest but his expression shows the extra years his job has given him. He holds a battered hat in his hands and his dark hair looks flattened from not doing so often.

His long jacket is high collared and misses dragging the floor by an inch. Under it he wears a simple outfit of trousers and a white linen shirt, that looked freshly laundered compared to the will worn coat. His only visible weapon is a dagger at his belt.

"Morning... um... folks," he says not sure how to address such a mix of races. "I was wondering if you had time to answer a few questions? And..."

"Chief among them where were you three nights ago? After you left The Laughing Demon?"
Father Grimburrow cuts in his voice and look very stern.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori opens his mouth but has the foresight to cram the last bits of a dinner roll in it before he can actually say anything.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Seated on the divan in the parlor, Firvinianna returns the stern gaze with a blank look, unconcerned by the rudeness of the question. She remains silent, letting the tension build while Father Grimburrow glares for a few moments longer.

Turning away from the grizzled clergyman, her bracelets jingle slightly as she motions towards the empty seats as she politely greets the sheriff, "Good morning to you, sir. If Kendra permits, why don't you join us and sit down. I assume this is a social call and not an inquisition."
At that last word she looks back at Father Grimburrow, sidelong through her narrowed almond shaped eyes.

Looking back at Sheriff Caeller, she smiles slightly and continues, "We spent that night and every night so far here, do you wish it otherwise?"

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál is momentarily taken aback at the abrupt question, but recovers quickly with Firvin's diplomatic answer. "Indeed, please join us. No need to stand when the rest of us are comfortable! It's as the lady says . . . when we left the tavern we returned here to Sera Lorrimar's home straightaway." He cocks his head slightly to the side in a most raven-like fashion. Careful to keep his tone friendly, he goes on to ask, "May I ask what this is about? Has something happened?"

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan

"Three days? You really took three days to check up on this little matter? chuckling Oh, I suppose it is minor. Do you have a Zone of Truth up, or would you like the time to openly cast it? It won't offend me. I am used to the military verifying reports that way."
pauses for the priest to cast if he desires

"Lets see. Drank some fine liquor with the bartender at closing time at the bar while sharing good stories about the professor and speculating about his untimely demise. While leaving, the only other two occupants of the bar playing cards had a mystic moment as they finished the game. Their cards burst into an illusionary pillar of flame. The room smelled of burning flesh while eerie, muffled screams of pain could be heard. That surprised them and us as well. They left the bar in one direction. We went another.

We came straight back to the house here, quietly got a few things, and went out to the cemetery while Lady Lorrimar slept here unknowingly. Remember the little "Treant" that I planted out there at the ceremony? Well, I had to keep up the illusion by having him walk around the grave and plant himself on the east side of the grave. After unlocking and entering the gate to the cemetery, and while on the way to the grave site, a lone zombie came towards us. Since he was all dirty, his arm and half his face missing we pretty much assumed he was a zombie. Two of us took a good look and confirmed that. Now, a zombie wandering around in a cemetery that is protected by the Grey Lady Pharasma is such an insult that we could not waste time summoning authorities. So, we cut is down and destroyed it immediately. It didn't take much work.

I then went up and transplanted the tiny yew sapling to the east side of the grave site, and made little marks in the ground with my dagger as "treant footsteps" to keep the rouse up. With the "warm sendoff" some of your villagers wanted to give the Professor, he needs some "Good Nature" protection that the villagers would think twice about offending. Erastil is providing that, through me. After channeling a bit of positive energy to nourish the sapping, we left the cemetery and came back here.

I fed my "filthy beast" some wine and then opened the portal so he could return to his own dimension while I slept. You know, he was really offended by that remark at the ceremony. He did his best to not frighten your simple villagers by not showing his true powerful nature, and you insult him like that. He wanted to say something too about his old friend, the Professor, but he kept quiet. I am sure he would appreciate an apology.

Now where was I? Oh yeah. After sending Toddy home, I came into the house here, and we went to sleep. As far as I know, nothing else interesting happened that night. Former Sergeant Marshan of the Taldan Phalanx reporting."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori chokes on the remainder of his dinner roll and sprays a few crumbs in the process. Once he's regained control of his breathing he nods sagely. "That about sums it up. Oh, parden me." He brushes crumbs off his tunic.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

As Marshan starts having a fit of diarrhea of the mouth, Firvinianna settles back into the divan and observes the reactions from the two guests.

She is a little irked that he freely offered the story before knowing why they were asking, but says nothing.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases