HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Father Grimburrow gives Halál a hard look. "And this is why you were at the temple the morning after Emissary? To report this incident?" He asks, although clearly he doesn't believe that is the case.

"Padre that is not all that happened that night," the sheriff says with great respect. "But it does explain your findings in The Restlands."

Turning to look at the group once more he asks, "And you did not venture along the river bank south of town?" He asks looking at Marshan more than the others. After a long moment he adds, "No, I believe your 'report' was very through Sergeant. I have heard their like before." +1 Trust

"They still broke into the cemetery and..." Father Grimburrow start to say.

"And dealt with an abomination before it had time to get more than a hundred feet from it's grave. It should be looked on as a godsend and not something else. Their actions while normally suspect were only for the intent on playing on the folks superstitious." He looks to the group and then back to the priest.

"Besides if they had asked if they could transplant their little guardian would you have let them?"

"Of course not!"

"Then it is lucky for us they did not ask then."

Father Grimburrow grunts and clamps his mouth shut with an audible click of his teeth.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál is also somewhat taken aback at Marshan's blunt recital. He sits for a moment, beak agape, before nodding to confirm the man's story as well as his assertion that the group did not venture to the river.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

"Our methods ain't orthodox, it's true," says Gregori with a wave of his meaty hand. "But the Professor didn't restrict his friendships to the orthodox. Strange vessels hold deep waters. Or something." He shrugs. "Anyways, we done what we done to protect our friend's eternal rest. I ain't sorry for having done it. Maybe we should have disposed of that rotted carcass and told the good Father here what happened. Simple oversight, that. We all hold with proper authority and never meant disrespect."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna is somewhat mollified that the Sheriff at least isn't prejudiced against them and has reacted favorably to Marshan's explanation and keeps the cranky clergyman in his place.

Providing further explanation for the Father's benefit, she says in pleasant conversational tone, "We actually tried to see you the next morning regarding another issue, but were not granted audience. Had we known this trivial thing of a zombie had been so important to you, we would have tried harder to find you. How often are the walking dead found roaming in The Restlands?"

Looking back at Sheriff Caeller, the more friendly of the two, she asks, "What happened along the river bank south of town? You make it sound as there was quite a bit of nefarious activity going on."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Triv..!? Triv...!? Trivial!?" the old priest spudders. "Why there has not been one, not one abomination in The Restlands since I took over it's care. Until all of you arrived in Ravengro!"

"But you said so yourself Padre, that it was not raised by a necromancer. That all signs pointed to something worse, so you can't be blaming them for it." the sheriff cuts in as the older man fumes quietly.

"The undead you slew was a natural phenomena or as natural as such a thing can be." he adds making the spiral sign of Pharasma in front of his chest. "The Lady willing it will be the first and last time such a thing happens."

Father Grimburrow says nothing but breathes a little heavier than normal as if he is trying to calm himself. His stern gaze falling to each of you as if he has used it (and only it) before to get the truth out of people. With his arms still folded into the sleeves of his robe he says, "You might as well tell them what happen at the memorial. They will hear the rumors soon enough, and what people are saying they did there."

The sheriff coughs and looks grim, "Yes.. um where to start."

"Three nights ago you all were seen at The Laughing Demon and it was said you were asking questions about Harrowstone. Well that same night the memorial to those who died in the Great Fire was vandalized. Someone took and covered it and the surrounding area in blood. Splattered it all around and took and wrote a large 'V' in blood on it's base. Still not sure what that means or why they did what they did, but if you were in The Restlands than you couldn't have been there as well, but the locals seem to think you all were involved."

He pauses as if he is waiting for another confession to come forth.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori's brows knit as he wracks his brain to think what the 'V' might signify. "V. Vee. Veeeee." He shakes his head. "I've heard rumors of Harrowstone; and since that's where the Professor died we asked a few questions about it. Never knew there was a memorial to those who died there. And I've no clue what 'V' might mean."

He looks at the sheriff. "And if there's one thing I learned from the Professor in our years of correspondence it's that there is nothing natural about the undead. You got yourself a problem."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál listens carefully to both the sheriff and to the old priest. When the opportunity comes, he nods respectfully to the lawman before turning and speaking deferentially to the Father.

"In fact, Father, Firvin and I came to pay our respects to the Gray Lady and to yourself. As I think I've said before, I am trained to the Lady's Hand in the Monastery of the Veil, and will brook the existence of no abomination such as that we found in the Restlands.

"As to the memorial and its desecration, I can assure you that we've been nowhere near the river since our arrival, and weren't even aware of the existence of the thing. Though I'd like to see it now that I know . . . it sounds like something very strange is going on, and if it's tied to the Restlands and a memorial to the departed I'm betting it's something my Lady would wish me to investigate."

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan

"A 'V' in blood? Was it a proud, defiant display, or the last warning of a dying hand? Is there anyone in town who is missing? When you mix 'V' and blood, my first instinct is vampire. If so, your whole town is really in trouble. Sheriff, If I run across any other undead or other horribly vile, evil beasts, do I have your permission to kill it or them immediately and then let you ask questions later?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna contemplates what the Sheriff has said about the zombie in the Restlands. She asks for clarification, "What are these signs that you refer to that point to something worse than a necromancer raising the dead? Perhaps you would not mind explaining all of your findings."

"We obviously would like to help. With such nefarious people of The Whispering Way being about, why would think some strangers mourning a recently departed friend would have anything to do with summoning zombies."

She frowns at the prejudicial reactions of the locals that think they would do such a thing as desecrate a memorial with blood. She asks, "True we have been asking about the Harrowstone and not just out of idle curiosity either. We are wondering about the circumstances of our friend's death. We would appreciate any information on either subject, if you would care to share."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases