HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As the group moves away from the man's homestead, Halál speaks up. "Well, he may have been telling the truth, but either he's involved somehow regardless of his truthful words, or someone's using his farm as a base of operations. There's a bloody war-razor and a wine skin with blood around the mouth tucked away to the side of the house.

"I left it where I found it, thinking to hide ourselves and observe the comings and goings. Once the perpetrator of this defacement makes himself known, we can take more definitive action."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna suggests, "Nice idea, but I agree with Marshan that it is probably too late."

"Why don't we take a look at this stuff you found and look for more clues or further tracks?"

She moves back to search and then assist in any further tracking efforts.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

From their past tracking experience, Gregori has learned that Halal has a few more tricks up his sleeve than Gregori does. He'll look about in order to help Halal out.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group follows the trail away from the farmers home towards an old rundown barn. Cautiously they take a look inside and discover only a dead giant rat inside.

But something is very peculiar as Gregori notes. "There's a deep gash across this things belly, but where... Where is it's blood?"

There is very little blood on the ground yet not enough to have come from such a large creature with such a deep gash.

Then it dons on the party. The trail they followed from the farmer's home to here wasn't made after whoever desecrated the memorial, but before. A quick search of the area does show a trail heading away from the old barn towards the river and the blood covered statue.

So either the man they spoke to is a great liar (doubtful) or he did something he doesn't remember doing.

OCC: Just a little push to help ye along.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna takes a look around and then asks, "Since our yokel is not lying, but the evidence points to him doing the deed, is it possible that he could have been charmed or possessed?"

"Perhaps the grizzled clergyman would have insights."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori turns uncharacteristically grim. "Possessed. Controlled by some agent of the Whispering Way." He shrugs. "Or some moon-tainted beast that breaks through the flesh-mask of peasantry at night. Makes little difference which. We should kill him before he comes raving to the Professor's house and rips our throats out in our sleep."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna looks a little surprised at Gregori's take on the situation. She blinks a few time as it registers and then she asks the cursed man, "Shall we take him now, or report him first?

"Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness afterwards than receive permission ahead of time. But, the townsfolk might mistake justice for murder.
"

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori sighs. "Torn apart by a moon-mad beast or peasants with pitchforks and a heart for vengeance; either way, dead is dead. But, I suppose it would be pushing matters somewhat to administer justice ourselves. It pains me to say it, but we should report to the sheriff." He scratches absentmindedly at one shoulder.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases