HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál snaps his beak at the talk of killing the man. He looks uncomfortable for a moment, then steadies himself and speaks. "I agree. One thing I've learned in my travels since leaving the monastery - it's difficult to find acceptance when you're different. And we're definitely different. If we really want to help these people - and I do, for the professor's memory and because my Lady commands it - we need for them to accept us. Mad graffiti artist, cut-throat killer or not, this farmer is one of them. Killing him will hurt our chances of finding out what's going on here and putting an end to it."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna is no murderer and agrees, "I guess we should retrieve the sheriff now. Perhaps we should leave half of us here to preserve the evidence. I would hate to leave and return after an hour to fine everything has been cleaned up an removed."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
"Toddy and I can run into town and get the sheriff. It isn't that far."
[sblock=actions]Toddy and Marshan head back into town at a jog to get the sheriff.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The others wait as Marshan and Toddy go into town. With the extra time they give the old barn a through sweep and still have time to "sit on their hands" till the duo return with the sheriff and deputy in tow.

"Your friend says you found some credible evidence," the sheriff asks looking at the dead rat with a mixture of curiosity and an investigative eye.

The group, but mostly Firvin, explains to the good sheriff what they discovered about the trail and the items found by Halál. <...and am assuming here the group tells the sheriff the truth, but can go back and edit should that not be the case...>

"Ok then show me this bloody waterskin. And I will ask Geb a few questions myself."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna tells the sheriff the truth as best she knows it.

When Halál shows him the other evidence, she comments, "When I questioned Geb about the defacing, he appeared to be telling the truth."

"However, we believe he is probably possessed or something worse. Unless the priest can perform a ritual to cure him, we are afraid that he will have to be put down for the good of the community."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan

"There you go jumping to conclusions again. Did you say is name was Geb? Geb doesn't look bright enough to for a grand, evil master plan. He was an insulting, dumb brute at the funeral. I don't think he has changed much since then. The Professor was hunting an intelligent, evil cult. One that plans every step carefully. Geb was most likely asleep when someone else did the foul things in his barn. I think this is the closest building to the monument. So, his place was just used out of convenience. The rat explains the blood, and why no town person is missing, when there was enough blood to kill a person splattered about."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The sheriff picks up the war razor and waterskin with a couple fingers and heads to the front of the house. "Stay here," he says to the group.

Although they can't see what is going on they sure can hear the sheriff and Geb talking.

*knock* *knock*

"Open up Geb it's Sheriff Caeller."

quiet *footsteps* *door opening*

"Sheriff what's this... hey where did you find that? I've been looking for it."

"So this is yours? What about this?"

"Um... um yeah it looks like mine. Why is there blood all over it?"

"Your going to have to come with me Geb. We need to talk."

"But I got to much to do, my field."

"I'll have Fenn take care of what he can for you. Maybe them Jerimin boys too. The Lady knows they need something to keep them out of trouble. I just need you to come peaceful like. No trouble you hear."

"Sure sheriff, no trouble."

The sheriff marches a slumped shouldered Geb around the corner. The man gets a very mean look on his face and tenses. Sheriff Caeller puts an arm on his shoulder and says, "No trouble."

The man's shoulders slump even further as he walks by the group.

"I'll need your official statements taken in front of a neutral witness. But best if we do that tomorrow. I'm in for a long night. Good day to you all. And thank you." he says to the group before moving to join Geb.

The sheriff and Geb walk off heading towards town. "Sheriff I didn't..."

"Save it for when I find a witness Geb. Best you say nothing till then."

Group has earned 1,800xp and +2 trust for completing Event #1

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan and Toddy

Toddy wanders around the corner of the house from the field he was grazing in. "Are they gone yet?"

"OK. Now we can go home and have dinner. I am still hungry. This time I want meat and potatoes and salad and warm biscuits. Don't let them get cold this time Marshan."

"Geb's alfalfa not good enough for you?"

"Nah, needs garlic."

Marshan and Toddy turn to head back to Lady Lorrimor's.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The bird-man watches, head cocked a bit to the side and black eyes fixed on the sheriff as he examines the evidence and questions Geb, then leads him off.

That went well . . . I hope. Lady, but the tension in this town is so thick one could swim in it! It seems to be affecting my new friends as well. That look Firvin gave Marshan when he called her out in front of the sheriff . . .

Halál reflexively checks his gear by touch, noting the weight of hidden items, as he thinks. When Marshan starts back to the Lorrimor estate he follows.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases