HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC - Page 3


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 703
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,695
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna Laali tucks away her longbow to free her hands and tries to help with the coffin, but with Gregori doing most of the work higher than her reach is comfortable with, she is likely not terribly burdened.

    She has time to look around and notice things.

    <<Perception (1d20+7=23)>>
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #22
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:



    The party advances behind Kendra and into the misty graveyard. The only sounds are booted feet on gravel.

    As they wind their way through everyone notices that there are a seeming large number of men standing along the approach, although they are keeping their distance.

    They look like locals by their garb, some might even be farmhands by the look of them. Ahead a group of six men stand blocking the path.

    "That's far enough," an older man ,with long sideburns coming down across his cheeks, says crossing his arms. "We been talking, and we don't want Lorrimor buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him there if you want, but he ain't goin' in the ground here!"

    Kendra is swift to respond, her sadness swiftly transforming into anger. "What are you talking about?" she cries out...

    OOC
    Pause for PC reaction/actions. Post up even if you just want me to know your character is just watching for now. Once everyone posts I will continue on.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #23
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Even though the parade procession has stopped, the dumb animal, that Toddy is playing, continues his prance step until he up beside and then ahead of his master. This puts him beside Kendra. He stands in a proud, show pony pose. Marshan leans to guide the pall bearers so that the coffin is directly behind Kendra, and Marshan is behind Toddy and the weapons sheathed in his pack. This puts Gregori within reach of Kendra as well, on her back left.
    actions
    Toddy moves to the right of Kendra, Marshan moves to the right back of Kendra, within reach of his hammer on Toddy's pack. Gregori has been maneuvered to Kendra's left back. Toddy readies to defend Kendra from any attack. All in silence, so the lady can do the arguing.

  • #24
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Mmmm. This is awkward.

    Halál speaks to the other pallbearers, just loudly enough to be heard by them. "Possibly we should free our hands just in case? Let's lower the Professor while we have the chance, megegyezik? M'lady, would you give us a three count?"
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #25
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    As Toddy tries to pass the group of locals they are startled. But quickly catching their wits and understanding the "Prancing Pony" is still headed up to the front they quickly reach for his bridle, packs, really anything they can grab.

    The pony dances away from the group as they stop as the "mule" passes the coffin and ends up beside Kendra.

    OOC
    Rolling... but remember if combat breaks out we go to the CT thread.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 23rd March, 2011 at 07:10 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #26
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,758
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    On three Gregori lowers the coffin so that it is no longer at shoulder height and can be lowered to the ground quickly if necessary. "What's this? No burial in the Restlands? Whyever not?! Explain yourself, man."

    Mini Stats
    Gregori Ostov (full sheet)
    Initiative: +1
    AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 Touch) (+2 w/ mutagen)
    HP: 14 Current: 14
    CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +0

    In Hand: none
    -- longsword +5 (1d8+4 19-20/x2); Power Attack: longsword +4 (1d8+6 19-20/x2)
    -- [Str Mutagen] longsword +7 (1d8+6); PA: longsword +6 (1d8+8)
    -- cestus
    -- Bomb +3 (1d6+1) Range: 20 feet; Splash: 2
    -- [Str Mutagen] Bomb +3 (1d6); Splash 1

    Bombs 2/2 remaining
    Extracts Prepared Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge
    Mutagen Prepared Strength

  • #27
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,695
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna Laali assumes the Halál is asking her to count and she is more than willing to let them set down the coffin. "Er, atta, nelde." Even before the coffin is down she has a free hand ready to start working some magic.

    She tries to remember what she has heard about local customs regarding burials to determine what the issue is. However, she is more interested in dealing with people who should mind there own business than the burial itself.

    <<Knowledge Local (1d20+3=22)>>
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #28
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    As the group slowly starts to put the coffin down the older man continues. "You don't get it woman. We won't have a necromancer buried in the same place as are kin. I suggest you move out while you still can. Folks are pretty upset about this right now."

    Kendra just shakes her head (almost sadly). "Necromancy!? Are you really such ignorant fools?"

    "Fools! Fools! We'll show you and your out-lander friends who the fools are here! Get them! And the coffin!" the man shouts as the large group rushes forward.

    OOC
    No more posting here until combat is over please post up stats and INIT in the Combat Thread See you there.

    Knowledge check- reveals no reason why the Professor shouldn't be buried in the Restlands he was a resident.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #29
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Firvinianna suddenly begins singing a sad song in elvish that has been know to bring tears to the eyes of even hardened warriors. But these humans seem uneffected by the ballad and continue menacingly towards the woman.

    "This one's a witch and speak'n in some magic language," one of the thugs says as he steps up to Firvin. He swings the handle of his rake at her and misses. Another farmhand also comes up to the singing songbird and aims for her back striking her a smart blow upon the back of her shoulder.

    A grim faced man with a stubbly beard approaches Gergori and takes a swing. The warrior's armor takes the impact of the blow protecting him.

    "Hold strong . . . lower the coffin on three . . . one . . . two . . . three!" Halál says to everyone. As he counts the thugs on his side coming running up homemade weapons raised. As the farmhands try to not kill anyone their blows have little effect on Halál or Marshan. The men lower the coffin but Firvinianna let's go of her end causing that corner to land in the gravel with a loud *bam*.

    Marshan draws his hammer and steps forward growing in size becoming as big as an ogre. Halal draws forth his sap not wanting to seriously injury anyone. Gergori puts up his fists, although he is no pugilist he will try his best to fight unarmed.

    Kendra stands in shock and awe to what is happening around the coffin of her late father.

    "LEAVE you drunken fools! ... Or the buzzards shall be feasting on your entrails tonight!" bellows the "ogre".

    Firvinianna, now surrounded, changes her tune (er, song rather) to one of elven courage. She shifts to the side and away from one of the local yokels, drawing her whip. She cracks her whip, giving a decent impression of a dominatrix, "You should know you place, fools." The leather coil wraps around the farmer's weapon and she pulls it from his grasp.

    Gergori reaches out to grab the farm tool out of his opponent's hand. He takes a quick strike across the knuckles first and with a growl he lashes out quicker the second time and wrenches the pitch fork out of the man's hands. The thug's face becomes on of chagrin as he watches Gergori spinning his former weapon around in his hands.

    While on the other side of the coffin three men take and beat at Marshan and Halál. The tengu absorbs the villager's blow, straightening quickly after releasing his corner of the coffin. The sap in his hand flicks out, clipping the man who hit him on the temple and causing his eyes to glass over. Halál allows the momentum of his blow against the first thug's head to bounce his sap back against the second thug on his side of the coffin. This one drops like a stone as well.

    Marshan takes on the third man as he watches Toddy out of the corner of his eye. His eidolon's blunt teeth make short work of a man dragging him into the dirt. With a small smile he throws a series of punches with his enlarged fists, and gets a solid blow to his adversaries gut knocking the wind out of the man.

    The group of thugs around the fight start to run off as they see most of their companions lying about unconscious. And the last two men in the fight, who are now both unarmed start to back away slowly keeping an eye on the group before they too turn tail and run.

    Halál watches for a moment as the final two thugs flee; he then checks the coffin to see that the Professor's remains are still entirely inside. "Well, nothing like a warm reception to see the spirit off to Pharasma's peace." Finally he starts to check on the thugs he brought low to make sure they are not seriously hurt.

    Seeing the others flee, he lets them go. Marshan does a bit of continuous casting, pointing at each of the thugs on the ground. His holy symbol and the stag horn rune upon his forehead flaring with white light with each casting. When the birdman starts checking the bodies, "They should be stable for the moment." Then, moving over to Kendra and whispering in her ear, "This insult should not go unpunished. Mind if I teach them a lesson? It is you that will have to live with them afterward. But, they should learn to fear the unknown."

    Kendra looks to the man questioningly and sees him fetch some rope from Toddy's pack, and starts measuring it off into five foot sections. Dagger drawn... "Oh... oh no they were wrong, but... but maybe the sheriff should see to them." Kendra says not truly knowing what it is the cleric is suggesting. "Councilman Hearthmount!" she calls as she catches her wits for a moment.

    Gregori watches impassively as the thugs flee then turns to watch with interest whatever this Marshan fellow is up to. With Halál checking the coffin he waits...
    Last edited by HolyMan; Tuesday, 29th March, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #30
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The large councilman wanders up towards the group cautiously from one direction of the path as three new men come from the opposite direction.

    "Yes Mistress Lorrimor?" he asks looking at the men lying in the dirt.

    "Can we send someone to fetch the sheriff? I think a few days locked away will teach these brigands not to jump to their fists before knowing what they are about." Kendra says finally getting herself composed.

    "Well," the councilman starts to say slowly. Then seeing the three newcomers more clearly he almost sighs in relief. "Best to let Father Grimburrow there decide The Restlands are the domain of the church after all."

    As the group turns they find a very old, very wrinkled man coming towards them flanked by to locals carrying shovels. "What is going on here? Why have you all stopped?" he demands in a croaky but authoritative voice.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrion Crown (Spoilers)
      By Crothian in forum Pathfinder RPG Discussion, Rules, Houserules, & Homebrews
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 08:18 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 01:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - RG
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 08:39 PM
    4. HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 402
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 07:20 AM
    5. RG - Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers)
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 08:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •