HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori has been pretty quiet during the discussion with the sheriff doing little more than providing a bit of support while the others give their explanations of the evidence found. With the sheriff and Geb gone he again gives voice to his concerns. "Any result where we don't end strung up on the town green is a good result but... this outcome still bothers me. Two of our three suppositions rely upon an outside agency. And while we have good evidence to suspect the Whispering Way, we are no closer to knowing who they are or what exactly they are doing here." He continues to brood as they travel back to the Lorrimor house. "What's our next move? Besides dinner, I mean."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál Árnyéka - Tengu Emissary

"Dinner sounds good to me as well. I think we need to consider a closer look at the prison. That's where the Professor met his end - fair or foul - so it's plain as the beak on my face that he was looking into it.

"Also, if we've managed to win any goodwill from the padre with our investigation of Geb, maybe he'll let us look at the crypt where Ser Lorrimor indicated there's a stash of equipment."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna replies to the Sheriff, "Your welcome," and watches him go.

Saying nothing to her companions, she walks in the direction towards the Unfurling Scroll, letting the others return to the Lorimar house if that's their wish.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Lorrimor House isn't far from Geb's shack and the group arrives before the dinner hour. As the men head to the door Firvin continues on with purpose towards town.

[sblock=OOC] Not sure what it is you are looking to get at The Unfurly Scroll but let me know what you are looking for.

Everyone else RP sitting down to dinner please.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori sits down heavily and sighs at the sight of the empty chair normally occupied by Firvin.

"Will Firvinianna be joining us?" asks the young Lady Lorrimor.

Gregori shrugs. "Likely not, miss. Walking off a bit of a temper now; I'd guess she'll come back 'round later. She may be a bit hungry then so if you could keep a plate aside for her I'm sure she'd appreciate it."

The big man turns his attention to Halál. "So you think we should talk to Father Grimburrow?" Gregori thinks on that for a moment and rubs his chin. His calloused fingers rub against the heavy growth of whiskers and make a scritching sound. "I don't think the good Father likes us much, I have to say. Downright inhospitable." He nods as if in approval. "Good Ustalavan virtue, suspicion. Maybe you can persuade him, being a fellow worshiper and all but honestly I don't hold much hope for it."

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan sits down at the dinner table, and fixes two plates of food. "Might as well get this to him while it is still warm." Marshan gets up and takes Toddy's plate out to him, and then returns to start his own meal.

"So, we have to stop at the sheriff's office and give statements tomorrow. A stop to the town hall or library may give us a little more info on the five special prisoners, but I am itching for a fight. We should tell the sheriff that we will be borrowing the spirit fighting tools from a crypt in the cemetery, and then will be heading out to find what really is going on at the prison. He can take care of informing the priest. If the sheriff objects, we can offer to let him deal with the dangers of the prison on his own."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna was fuming inwardly on the way to the Unfurling Scroll. Mostly it was her ego being bruised at the loss of face in front of the sheriff. Particularly at a time when it would have been inappropriate to snap back at the infuriating man's condescension. She placates her anger with fantasies of taking her whip to him and teaching him the meaning of servitude.

The elven woman's enjoyment of the mental images are therapeutic and she begins to feel better, a wicked smile on her face by the time she arrives at Alendru Ghoroven's shop. Firvin looks at the building's facade, a domicile attached towards the rear and her curiosity is peeked as she enters to meet the wizard.

The cozy interior of the old man's shop has various arcane implements, spell components, spellbooks, potion vials, and scrolls, lots of scrolls. The scrolls are everywhere without apparent order or reason for their placement. At least Firvinianna cannot discern any filing system so to speak. A quick cantrip brings forth her mage sight and the various auras turn the shop's interior into a kaleidoscope of colors.

Letting the spell go, she calls out "Ngollor?" The mature man, the wizard comes through the curtain over the door that separates his business from his living quarters. His beard is mostly gray and becoming white, and wire-framed spectacles make his eyes hard to see.

He appears to have a kindly nature, but is a bit suspicious as he takes in the dark-skinned visitor. "Eh? What can I do for you?" His tone reflects a hint of grumpiness, likely having been recently awakened from a nap, judging by his rumpled attire.

After trying to be sociable with some small talk for about 5 mintes, Firvin is unable to sway the old man over to be more friendly disposed, mostly because he is irritable at having his nap disturbed and the dark-skinned elf's haughty nature was not properly suppressed.

Nonplussed, she decides she can try again tomorrow and makes a final inquiry about some itching powder the wizard might have in stock. Alendru is not carrying that sort of thing and Firvin makes her departure, "N'i lû ir a-goveninc."

Feeling the hunger pangs, she makes her way back to House Lorrimor to perhaps catch the rest of dinner if her companions did not wait.

Arriving at the tail end of the meal, Firvin politely thanks Kendra for the food she saved and sits down in her chair. With an unreadable look on her face, Firvinianna eats her food without feeling the need to say anything. Her eyes narrower than usual, the dark lashes framing the pale blue irises, cannot help but make them seem cold. Particularly with the dark color over her eyes and lips from her prestidigitatory refreshing herself before entering the dining room.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The big man turns his attention to Halál. "So you think we should talk to Father Grimburrow?" Gregori thinks on that for a moment and rubs his chin. His calloused fingers rub against the heavy growth of whiskers and make a scritching sound. "I don't think the good Father likes us much, I have to say. Downright inhospitable." He nods as if in approval. "Good Ustalavan virtue, suspicion. Maybe you can persuade him, being a fellow worshiper and all but honestly I don't hold much hope for it."

"We should tell the sheriff that we will be borrowing the spirit fighting tools from a crypt in the cemetery, and then will be heading out to find what really is going on at the prison. He can take care of informing the priest. If the sheriff objects, we can offer to let him deal with the dangers of the prison on his own."

Halál looks to his companions as they speak, and weighs their words. "Perhaps a combination of the two approaches? Marshan, you are direct and thus far that has served us well. You seem to have a connection with the Sheriff that could help us here. But the Restlands are the domain of the Lady and her mortal servants, and I'm not sure it's in the Sheriff's power to grant us access. Even if it is, my instincts - or perhaps my ties to the church - tell me it will harm our cause in the long run to traipse over the Father's head. I'll continue to work on getting us in Father Grimburrow's good graces, and you ask the Sheriff to help us convince the good Father to allow us access to those tools."

The birdman, plainly not sure exactly what to say to the mercurial half-elf, contents himself with a polite nod to Firvin when she returns from her errand.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna sips some wine and comments, "If the grizzled clergyman will not listen tomorrow and turns us away again, we can always investigate the historical records some more."

"Perhaps we can learn something new about the five prisoners. I tried to befriend the wizard at The Unfurling Scroll, but he was a bit grumpy from having his nap interrupted. But we have not tried the Town Hall yet either."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
"So you want me to ask the sheriff, to ask the priest if we have permission to use the tools, they might not even know about, to fight the unknown evil and save their little town here? OK. I can do that. I can ask. Do we have a plan B when they say no?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases