HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori laughs (even though he is still miffed he spent nearly the entire battle crouched behind the building shaking with the effects of some magically induced mental incapacity) and nods in agreement with Firvin.

"How much work we find for you depends on how much rot you have hidden behind the pretty clapboard siding of your town, sheriff. We'll try not to stir up too much on our own."

Satin Knights

First Post
"A report, just a second. I want to be sure." as Marshan draws a dagger and goes to the body. He draws back the blanket and cautiously checks to see that the beast is dead. heal check He then draws some rope from a pack on the donkey and starts binding the beast tightly for good measure. Looking at the dagger on the ground, he mutters a few words, and stares at it a bit Detect Magic and then the body before finishing his tying.

"Ah yes, a report. We were walking home from Zokar's tavern when we heard a scream. We ran to the noise in the alley and found a man down and bleeding and a little demon looking creature floating in the alley. It taunted us, and breathed fire. I channeled healing energy to help the wounded, and then we fought the little demon grasshopper. It was very quick and kept taunting us while almost playing with us, more than fighting. We were doing a little damage, and it was doing a little damage. Then I got in a lucky shot, breaking its leg while it was sitting on the edge of the roof. It used magic to make a hole and enter the house. We burst through the door, and fought it some more. The lady of the house screamed. It breathed fire again, hurting us, but Firvin finally downed it with some of her own magic. We brought in the guy from the street, and I started healing everyone. You showed up, and started taking a report. Yep. That about covers it."

"Mam, if I am right, the magic that made the hole will go away in a couple of hours and the roof will be back to normal. As to the door, I can only offer a few silver pieces to fix that."

"Anybody got any idea what this thing is? He was talking to his dagger as if it was a nagging mistress. I think he called himself Jack."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál speaks up from his spot off to the side; he'd been looking around the room in a sort of reverie as the others talked.

"I have read about such a creature in my studies. It is, in point of fact, not a demon but a faeborn creature called a Spring-Heeled Jack. I had read that he could jump tremendous distances . . . which we've now seen demonstrated. Unfortunately, I know little else about the beast."

As Marshan goes about checking Jack to make sure it's dead - and tying it up - the Tengu stalks over and retrieves a single black feather still clenched tightly in it's hand.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jack is indeed still alive as Marshan checks on him. The sheet was to stop the poor housewife from trembling.

"Oh I'm glad to have you about to help stop this," the sheriff says as he dons his hat ready to leave. "I just wish I could get a week in between catastrophes so I had time to sleep."

With a yawn he adds, "Best we all get to are beds. Will you help me take this thing to the jail first. I'll take him to the temple in the morning."

As Marshan tries to give the man and his wife a little money before leaving they refuse."Me life is worth more than ten doors. I owe you and your friends."

After leaving and then helping the sheriff the group once more gets into the Lorrimor house late. They take to their beds and wonder what other adventures await them in this small backwater town.

OOC: Please check in and I will advance the game to the next day. Sorry for the delays.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori stares at the ceiling, or where the ceiling would be if he could see in the dark, unable to sleep for thinking about what he could do to prevent his mind being dominated so easily. Finally, sleep comes accompanied by wall rattling snores.

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan

Once they are outside, and taking Jack back to the sheriff's office, "Ah Sheriff, this thing breathes fire and can make walls disappear. I hope you have some guards that are well versed in magic if you are waiting until morning to take it to the temple for investigation. If they can't keep it unconscious, it may be too dangerous for them. It took all we could muster to bring it down the first time."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál continues to look somewhat ruffled as the group exits. "Yep, he's a tricksy beast . . . I'd recommend keeping him bound and gagged; it wouldn't hurt to keep him blindfolded as well."

Once back at the Lorrimor estate and 'safely' in their beds, the Tengu's mind drifts on and off the strange happenings in this small town; just at that moment between wakefulness and sleep he has an insight . . . but as so often happens, when he awakes at dawn the satori has vanished with the night.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna hopes the Sheriff knows what he is doing or at least follows Marshan's advice.

Best to leave the creature unconscious if at all possible until they can properly interrogate it. Maybe the Sheriff should wait for us to be there and deliver our statement on the other thing. We would be on hand to deal with the jack again.

She half expects the fey creature to be gone in the morning, but doesn't let it concern her. After bidding her companions a good rest, she turns in for the night.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Day Four: -1 Trust

The day is bright and pleasant with the sun cutting through the cloudless sky to warm the day. The group makes it's way to the sheriff's office to give him their report once more on what they discovered about the desecrated monument.

They are surprised to hear that Jack did not escape and was moved to the temple earlier that morning. Father Grimburrow left the dagger the creature used and the sheriff offers it to the group as a keepsake should they want it. The blade isn't magical and after a good cleaning would be very serviceable.

Once the group has completed they long task of giving statements and answering questions they bid the sheriff a good day and head out.

Outside across from the sheriff's office they see a group of young girls playing a skipping rope game. Dressed in shawls and bulky skirts the children don't seem slowed a bit as they pass the rope off to each other, taking turns jumping in the center or turning the rope.

But it isn't their appearance that shocks the group, but the lyrics they repeat as they go round and round...

<To a slow tune of Rain, Rain Go Away>

"Put her body on the bed.
-Take a knife and lop off her head.
Watch the blood come out the pipe.
-Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe.
Drops of red so sparkly bright.
-Splatters spell her name just right.
With a hammer killed his wife.
-Now he wants to claim your life.
Tricksy father tells a lie.
-Listen close or you will die.

1...2...3...4...5!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna observes the girls at play, listening to the words.

How unusual. Pretty morbid, I wonder where they learned such a song.

Before approaching them, she looks at her companions to see if they are interested in talking to the children or not.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases