HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna begins walking towards the church with the others.

"I don't mind talking with grizzled clergyman, at least I don't think he dislikes me more than the rest of you. Besides, maybe his goiter isn't acting up today."

I bet he is a freak behind closed doors and wants me to take my whip to him. "Who's your mistress? Kneel dog and lick my boots" ... It would explain his over compensation with the gruff demeanor.

The dark-skinned elf has a mischievous smile playing across her lips.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
At the church the group is almost brushed aside due to the business of Father Grimburrow, but when he learns it is the same people who fought the Spring Heeled Jack he gives them a moment of his time.

After another telling of the battle and describing the powers of the demon looking fae the group inquires about the items. Father Grimburrow tells you that he knows nothing about such things and it is probably an old falsehood. And although the group is convincing in their arguments that they believe something is there, the old priest just brushes it aside.

When they exit the church it is a couple hours till dark and wondering what they should do Toddy speaks up. "Well it seems to me that the church has written off whatever may be there. Makes it fair game then right?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
For once not advocating just rushing right out and breaking open the crypt Gregori suggests talking to the sheriff first.

"If old Father Grimburrow refuses to speak to us about this he could make trouble if we should open a crypt to find these implements that he doesn't believe exist. We don't need anymore trouble. If we talk to the sheriff and get his ok that'll pull some of the old man's teeth."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Agreed. We've been lucky so far; right place, right time, not killed any townsfolk, etc. The sheriff's permission would give us a little legitimacy."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna nods her agreement, "I naw nîn ben naw gîn."

The dark-skinned elf starts walking back in the direction of the Sheriff's Office and wonders where the day went. Time appeared to slip away today with very little getting accomplished.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori seems to remember something as they go. "We never did find that list of the dead from the Harrowstone fire. Curse my memory; if I'd remembered we could've asked Father Grimburrow while we were there."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
With a groan the sheriff listens to what the group has to say about items in The Restlands. "You trying to make more work for me," he chides the group. "But better you come here and ask then be caught and then tried as grave robbers or worse."

He thinks hard about what it is the group wishes to do but finally gives a reluctant o.k. "Just be sure to not destroy anything, for the Lady's sake. And I'll look into what you asked about a list of the prisoners who died the day of the fire. It might go over well if you find those items and return them to the church."

The group has had a long day but there is still plenty of time to go to The Restlands and be back for dinner.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna thanks the Sheriff, "Thank you. We shall do as you suggest once we are done using them."

If her companions are ready for a little tomb breaking and entering, she is prepared.

Once outside, she remarks, "I think that was as good as we will get for permission to retrieve the artifacts. Do we have everything we need?"

She has been traveling around with her adventuring gear, meager as those items might be, just in case.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"That's good enough for me as well." The Tengu pats his various pockets, checks weapons, and declares himself ready to proceed to the hidden store of equipment.

Remove ads