HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori begins rummaging around in his pack and pulls out a lantern and a flask of oil.

"I can't see in the dark and I've no magic to deal with the lack of light. The tombs of Ustalav? I wouldn't enter one without some sort of light."

Gregori will carry the light in his off hand, keep his shield slung over his back, and carry his longsword drawn unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Satin Knights

First Post
Toddy takes a quick look down the steps and sees nothing special. (Darkvision 60')
Marshan casts and touches Toddy. (Mage Armor, 2 hours)

After that prep, Marshan pulls out a coil of silk rope from Toddy's pack, and using about five feet of one end, tightens the coil into one good, solid, bone shaped lump, tying it together tightly. "If I use light on this, and toss it ahead, it takes the center point of light off of us. I expect anything down there to rush a light source and attack. Tossing the light source ahead is an old military trick for tunnels. And rope hits stone a lot quieter than a rock would. I'll light it up and toss it down when we are ready. Toddy and I can go first unless someone else wants to."

[sblock=mini stats]Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3; +2 vs. Enchantment

Current Weapons in Hand:
MW Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +2, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
Cestus +2, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +2, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
Longbow +2, d8

Skills: +4 Perception, +1 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close
.Orisons: Create Water, Light, Stabilize
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 2/1 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Protection from Evil
Domain Power: 4/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO

Toddy ~
Perception: +4; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium
AC: 14/18 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 18
HP: 6 Current HP: 6
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +3, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +3, d4+2; Claw +3, d4+2
Skills: +14 Acrobatics, +4 Perception, +0 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Combat Reflexes
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite)(1)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna casts her own spell of Mage Armor to increase her protection before they venture into the dark.

"I can cast a spell of Light as well, should we need. I can cast it on an arrow head or something of Gregori's. But, the rope trick sounds like a good plan to me."

"Are we unconcerned about traps? I have heard tales of crypts being known for such things. Perhaps Halál
should be scouting ahead with Toddy."

With her longbow in hand, she plans to bring up the rear.

OOC: So that is Toddy, Marshan, Gregori, Halál, & Frivin? or Toddy, Halál, Marshan, Gregori, & Frivin?

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"The professor's been in here, correct? I can't recall if he wrote that he'd visited already or that he intended to. He mentioned nothing about traps, I'm certain of that.

"However, I'm happy to scout ahead and do what I can to take care of any such things."

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan casts, lighting up his bundle of rope. With a strong underhand toss, he sends it down the stairwell about 30', then steps back for a second, as if expecting a swarm of bats or bugs to come pouring out of the crypt. Toddy gets impatient for his tart, and heads into the crypt.

"I'll go behind eagle eyes here I guess. Don't worry about Toddy. He knows if he steps on a trap, he doesn't get his tart until tomorrow when it is stale."

[sblock=actions]Rope bundle lit for 10 minutes and thrown down the stairs about 30'. Toddy goes in first for 20'. Halal in second. Marshan third, Gregori fourth, and Firvin in the rear. Marshan with hammer in hand.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

"Guess we won't be needing these, then," says Gregori as he stuffs the lantern and oil back into his pack. Instead he seats his shield on his arm and draws his longsword in order to be ready for whatever may happen. He follows after Marshan.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The cautiousness of the group proves to be unneeded as they descend deep into the false crypt. But in Ustalav it is better to be cautious than undead.

The first room has a bunch of false doors that have names listed as people interned but there are no bodies. Two doors lead to the same hallway that has a short set of steps leading down.

The last room has one stone sarcophagus sitting on a raised dais. The group searches for secret panels, traps, and anything else to check first, but in the end, the only thing left to inspect is the sarcophagus and what may lay inside.

OOC: Perception checks plz.

Attachments

• CC-CG false crypt.jpg
    CC-CG false crypt.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 55

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál makes his way through the crypt, treating everything with reverence appropriate to a worshiper of Pharasma. He scrutinizes each inlay, every statue and door, carefully.

Perception (1d20+8=27)

OOC: Apparently my characters can see just about anything, they're just constitutionally incapable of hitting what they see . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases