HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna concentrates on her magical sight and begins examining the arrows first, considering their auras and then their magical properties.

After the arrows, she will open the scroll cases and examine the scrolls.

Finally, she will look over the darkwood case, examining it carefully. If it is not trapped she will open it and examine the contents.

After she is finished, she turns to her companions, "I did not have much success, but I have learned a few things."

[sblock=Rolls]Had to use CoyoteCode as Invis Castle went down when I started rolling. It is back up, but I didn't want to reroll.
ten white fletched arrows - magical (not ID'ed)
Knowledge Arcana: 1D20+7=22 & Spellcraft: 1D20+6=11
five blue fletched arrows - magical (not ID'ed)
Knowledge Arcana: 1D20+7=8 & Spellcraft: 1D20+6=13
two black fletched arrows - magical (not ID'ed)
Knowledge Arcana: 1D20+7=9 & Spellcraft: 1D20+6=7
two scroll cases - unopened magical scrolls inside
Knowledge Arcana: 1D20+7=16 & Spellcraft: 1D20+6=17
Knowledge Arcana: 1D20+7=12 & Spellcraft: 1D20+6=24
darkwood case - unopened something magical inside
Take 20 on Perception(+7) to ensure it is not trapped, then open it.
Knowledge Arcana: 1D20+7=14 & Spellcraft: 1D20+6=19[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori seems almost disappointed as he looks over the contents of the sarcophagus. "Arrows? I expected something... mightier." He shrugs. "The potions will be useful, I am sure.

Perhaps we should lug all this back to the Lorrimor house where you can work in more comfort."

Satin Knights

First Post
"Yeah. If I need to look at some of the stuff in the morning, I would be a little cranky for having slept here tonight."
"Yea! I get my tarts now!"
Marshan retrieves his bundle of rope and helps gather up the supplies.

"Gregori, want to help me put the lid back? No need to leave a mess."

"Do we have to take the bugs?"

GlassEye

Adventurer

Gregori nods at Marshan's request to help him slide the lid back into place on the sarcophagus.

"Certainly. No need to get Father Grimburrow worked up any more than necessary if we can help it."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna starts packing the new artifacts away for the trip back to the manor.

"I will be able to try again, tomorrow as well. But, there is a wizard in town that might be able to assist us if we really struggle. Can anyone read magical writings?"

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál continues his watch as the others examine the contents of the sarcophagus and discuss their findings. "Alas, Pharasma has not seen fit to grant me that ability."

GlassEye

Adventurer

Gregori shrugs. "That skill is beyond me. Mixing a few chymicals, yes. That sort of magic, no."

He helps pack up the items for transport back to the Lorrimor house where Firvin, and Marshan in the morning, will be able to work on them in relative seclusion. Once done packing Gregori looks around.

"So, what's the next step? Beyond determining what these things do, I mean."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Setting the darkwood box atop the closed sarcophagus Firvin finds it safe to open and not locked. Inside the box is an assortment of oddities.

First there are four odd looking iron and glass vials. Each has a small vortex wisp of... something. They also glow with an eerie green tinge. The case has spots to hold ten of the vials but six spots are empty.

The second thing in the box is a small wooden board painted with letters and numbers and the words 'yes' and 'no' in the corners. The board is not magical but the odd brass triangle with a circle carved out of its center is.

"I'm not sure what this is, exactly."
Firvin says looking at the brass pointer. "But these are haunt siphons and if the professor felt he should take six of them with him than we may encounter more than a few haunts at Harrowstone."

Firvin then opens the scroll cases and grunts as she looks them over. "More anti-haunt spells. Not sure what those two do, but these are hide from undead scrolls. I don't know what the rest does maybe if I had more time."

The group leaves the Restlands and returns to The Lorrimor House barely in time for dinner. After the group sits through a quiet meal each lost to their own thoughts they retire to the professor's study taking and laying out all the items on the table.

Firvin once again goes over them but seems distracted by something.

While the group makes plans Kendra enters the room. "Is everything alright?" she asks concerned. "You all seem very quiet tonight and didn't... Oh my! What is all this? I have seen things like those before with my father," she says pointing to the haunt siphons. "You aren't planning on going to that awful prison are you?"

[sblock=Hint] Note NPC stats are in the RG and I know we haven't RP'ed every conversation but I am sure after a few meals and long talks with them off screen you should know what they are capable of. <end hint> [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Back at the Lorrimor Manor, Firvinianna looks up at Kendra and her concern.

She replies, "Kendra, dear, we just found these items today. Clearly you are familiar with the siphons' functions. Do you perchance know what special properties these other items might possess?"

"As for what we plan to do with them, we have not settled on an exact plan. But, if we are to learn what really happened to your father, it stands to reason we will need to investigate the old prison at some point."

[sblock=Rolls]Since there were more items that I thought, here are the rest of the rolls.
Detecting Auras (2 scrolls then spirit plancheete):
Knowledge Arcana (1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=17)
Identification Rolls (2 scrolls then spirit plancheete):
Spellcraft (1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=13)[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases