HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, if you have a sheriff who has some shackles, I won't need to cut up this perfectly good rope." Sheathing the dagger, he starts recoiling the rope to put it away.

To the old man, "Just a momentary interruption. I'll let the lady explain."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna coils her whip back up and remarks to her fellow pallbearers, “These fools really should know better that to mess with the likes of us. Perhaps we should flog them."

She apologizes to the professor's daughter,
"Sorry about dropping the coffin, I thought I could distract the bunch of them while these guys let the coffin down without my help. I did not realize that they needed my small muscles to keep it stable.”

As the old man starts making demands she replies, "Apparently some of your local hooligans thought our friend did not belong here to be laid to rest. We had to convince them otherwise. You are welcome."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál looks around at the scene and gestures to the fallen thugs. "Indeed, as soon as the sheriff arrives we'll be ready to proceed. Apologies for the manners of these cretins."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov

Gregori tosses away the pitchfork he took from one of the farmers and bows respectfully though not too deeply to the old man. "Father Grimburrow? Some of the locals objected to the Professor being buried in the Restlands and, well... we put a stop to such shenanigans as they were going to get up to with his body. The question is: do you feel the same way about the Professor? This resting place is your concern and I can't speak for the others but I'll abide by your judgement on the matter."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Father Grimburrow gives the group a look of disapproval but doesn't say anything at first. Listening he walks over to the unconscious farmhands. "So you want to wait for the sheriff while the Professor lays their on the path?" he asks but doesn't wait for an answer. "I guess those I saw running off where part of it too? Do you wish then for only this four men to be punished?"

He again doesn't wait for an answer but Gergori speaks up and he listens with a wrinkled ear. "Well said I believe that you have taught them all a fine lesson but let's ask them shall we." The old priest bows his head and mumbles a silent prayer. A greyish light starts to swirl away from the man in a pattern similar to the sign of Pharasma.

The light touches everyone present and when it does those that were wounded feel invigorated as their wounds and bruises disappear. The four men groggily start to get up and then start as if they just remembered what has happened. Father Grimburrow gives them no chance to get their wits.

"What is this I hear about the late Professor Lorrimor not being 'allowed' to be buried in The Restlands?" he says with a voice use to preaching sermons and growing louder at the word. "I say who and who can't be buried here not some yokel."

"It wasn't us it was Gibs..." one starts to say but is cut off by the slightly enraged priest. "It was you. All of you. I found throttled and lying in your own spittle to comatose to close your own mouth. So you are all to blame. If there are others we will find out, or better yet you all will go to the sheriff's office. Explain what happened. Tell him everyone involved and let him decide what to do with all of you, so I may get on with my duties here. Understood?"

Both men mumble something and before Father Grimburrow can say anything they all say, "Yes Father."

The group watches the four men scramble away. The wrinkled old priest moves back to the head of the path. "Now pick up the Professor and let us continue on. And someone get that dumb animal off these grounds before it defiles them any further."

Councilman Hearthmount moves quickly back to where the other locals stand and wait. Kendra looks to the group half afraid and half unsure what to do.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

OOC: Ack, got Ninja'd while drafting.
Before the Father replies, Firvinianna looks at the birdman, unsure what to make of his humor, if he was even joking. The facial expressions are too hard to read. She uncoils her whip again and waits for the sheriff to arrive so she may begin the flogging as Halál suggested. She comments, "I normally don't meddle in the affairs of human burials, so I will not protest. I only object to being attacked unreasonably.”

Putting her whip back away as the priest heals and deals with the hooligans, Firvin shrugs, no longer caring about punishing them. She is satisfied that the priest has put them in their place, "Nicely done Father. Those young ones appear to have been properly cowed."

Looking at her companions, she grabs hold of her corner again ready to lift when they are ready, mindful that they cannot do it without her puny arms.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan and Toddy ~ Half-elf "ogre" and mule

Telepathic conversation "Quiet..." .. "Boss, can I tell off that old coot? .. Dumb animal? .. Right! .. I'll show you!" .. "No. .. Stay in character. .. We don't need to frighten all the town folk. .. Go fall back in line after them, and listen to what they prattle on about." .. "But, but..." .. "Remember Oppara?" .. "Oh... all right."

Once Marshan's weapon is back in its sheath on the mule, Marshan waves his hand and it prances back to its place in the back of the procession. Checking under his cloak for a moment, he is satisfied his gift is not damaged. He returns to his place beside the coffin, ready to lift and carry it again.[sblock=intentions]If any town folk attempt to lead Toddy away, he will growl and snap at the air to frighten them. Marshan will holler out "Don't try it, unless you want to lose a hand."[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál looks on in silent admiration as the old priest gives the hooligans a proper dressing-down. Almost as good as old Bishop Senir himself! Thoughts of his adopted father draw his attention away for a moment, then he comes back to the present with a sharp click of his beak. His raven dark eyes twinkly merrily at Firvin as he feels the regard of the exotic elven woman and turns to give her a brief look before stooping to grasp his corner of the coffin.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori lifts with the others hoisting the coffin back to shoulder height. Seeing Kendra standing uncertainly he says, "C'mon, girl. Let's send your father off to his resting place." When the old Father Grimburrow leads on he follows.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The progression restarts and soon the Professor is laid to rest. As the gravediggers solemnly shovel earth atop the coffin Father Grimburrow gives a sermon that seems punctuated by each toss of earth into the grave. When he is finished everyone feels like death is more a natural way of life. As if it is a "...part that everyone has to play, and one must not mourn for those who play their part."

When he is finished, he asks Kendra to step up and speak. The young woman steps forward, and tentative, at first she soon warms to her subject of the day she and here father first arrived in Ravengro after his retirement. The story makes her smile and a few of the locals laugh at the memory as well.

Then Father Grimburrow asks if anyone else would like to say something.

[sblock=OOC] Please post even if you wish to pass. Post anything you wish this is for a chance to tell a little from your background or add to it. Anyone who speaks to the people present should make a Diplomacy or Perform(oratory) check. After everyone has posted I will move things along rather far ahead because of the weekend coming up which will give you Sat/Sun to digest what I post up.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases