HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC - Page 44





+ Log in or register to post
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 703
  1. #431
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,301

    ř Ignore GlassEye
    Gregori agrees with that plan of action and prepares for entering the smaller building. He has his longsword in one hand and a holy water in the other, just in case. "This the warden's house, you think?"

 

  • #432
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    The structure was indeed someones home many years ago.

    This small brick manor house is overgrown with thick sheets of gray-green ivy. The roof sags ominously, and the front door hangs askew. (after Marshan pushes it open)
    "I don't think we should go in there," Gergori says eyeing the roof and walls. "The only thing holding the place up is those vines."

    "Your right," Firvin says pointing. "Half that wall there is gone. You can hardly tell with the vines blocking the way."

    Crunch

    An attempt to explore the manor fully would take 10 minutes—each minute, there is a cumulative 10% chance of the activity within the building triggering a partial collapse of falling timbers or bricks. Each time this occurs, 1d3 of the PCs within the structure or in an adjacent square must make a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid taking 1d6 points of damage from falling debris.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 27th August, 2011 at 06:06 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #433
    Without going in, Marshan casts a bit and stares intently into the structure, visually searching it from the outside the doorway. Then again with a different angle by using the hole in the wall.
    actions
    Cast detect magic and sweep the cone over all that is possible to see from the door.

  • #434
    "Nothing in there that looks enchanted. We probably should check the guard shacks as well, just to be thorough." Marshan and Toddy go check the smaller guard shacks using the same technique, expecting them to crumble if entered.
    actions
    push door open with hammer, look in, cast detect magic and scan, repeat at next shack. Then cast detect magic 10' back from the edge of the pond and scans it. Active perception +4 for both incase GM needs to roll any in the background. Rushed, but gets the outside out of the way and done.

  • #435
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,271
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna watches the man and his eidolon scout around at the smaller buildings waiting patiently for him to finish the guard shacks

    She asks, "What about the towers on the outer wall? We might as well look there too."

    From her position with the others she looks to see if she can fins the place the Professor met his untimely demise based on what they were told.
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #436
    Marshan and Toddy check the watchtowers too.
    ooc
    I thought they were just guard shacks and already included, but just for clarity, yes, them too.

  • #437
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,150

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    The Tengu trails along with his friends, senses tuned to the surroundings and covering them with his bow as they devote their concentration to their arcane tasks.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #438
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,301

    ř Ignore GlassEye
    Likewise, Gregori follows along as Marshan and Firvin scout with supernatural senses gained through their arcane skill.

    "I think we should check out those symbols mentioned in the Professor's journal; if we can find them."

  • #439
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    Marshan begins scanning the grounds after completing his search of the outside of the manor. He moves back to the walls near the gate and heads towards the pond. As he works the others keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

    Gergori remembered that the Professor's journal mentioned strange runes that, The Whispering Way had edcthed into the base of the Prison. When Marshan moves north along the pond and nears the main building Gergori takes a look at the building.

    He finds the grass and ivy have been cleared around the edge where the foundation meets the ground. Along the edge are a series of sinuous runes has been etched and then smeared with blood. The runes are written in Varisian, and among the numerous magical incantations, repeat the name Lyvar Hawkran dozens of times.

    The runes no longer radiate magic but they seem to be part of a larger ritual the scope of which frightens the young arcanist. (DC 30 Know arcana)

    After long study of the runes and following them along the front of the building Marshan heads back towards the walls to the guard towers, pointed out by Firvin. The southern most tower proves empty as if looted long ago by some rogue group of adventures or perhaps the evil cult that came to Harrowstone.

    "This is boring," Toddy remarks as they move to the northern tower. The eidolon kicks at the cold earth.

    "Ha! Famous last words." Marshan says as his hammer opens the door to the tower.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #440
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    "Rats!" Toddy exclaims.

    "Sorry but that is usually how it works. You..." Marshan starts to reply looking over at his eidolon.

    "No! I mean RATS! Look out! Get them off me!"
    Toddy says as a swarm of small beady red-eyed rats move like a wave of fur through the opening door, engulfing both him and Marshan.

    Gregori is taken a little off guard. "Rats?! I hate rats!" But soon steps in to help. His sword starts to cut might swathes through the rats and he growls with a savage glee, until he sees the swarm is not yet dissipating.

    Firvinianna begins singing a song of inspiration and moves as far from the little beasts as possible and still be close. She thinks of something and stops singing, yet the song lingers in the air. "After you guys attack, back away and I will try to zap if it is still alive."

    Firvinianna points a finger to send an arc of lightning across the distance to try and finish off the swarm. Her bolt crackles right in the center of the mass of rats but to little effect even killing a dozen or more does not stop all of them. "Pesky things are hard to kill apparently."

    Halál had also stepped forward trying to help but ends up drawing the swarm's attention instead. They start to claw and bite at the tengu as Marshan moves away.

    "Awk! Off me, rongy ember! Back in your hole!" Halál flails about ineffectively with his cestus, but cannot seem to land a solid blow for fear of hitting himself as the rats crawl over him!

    Finally with Toddy biting and stomping, and Gergori's long strokes that kill several rats at a time the group is able to pull away from the little swarm. The remaining creatures scurry in all directions looking for an easier meal.

    And although small the rats have left their mark. Halál barely stands his feathers torn and his body laced with small bite and claw marks. Marshan quickly channels the power of Erastil to heal the wounded tengu, Toddy, and himself.

    OOC: CR 2 XP 600
    Last edited by HolyMan; Tuesday, 6th September, 2011 at 05:53 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrion Crown (Spoilers)
      By Crothian in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 07:18 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 12:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - RG
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 07:39 PM
    4. HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 402
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 06:20 AM
    5. RG - Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers)
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 07:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •