HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC - Page 45


What's on your mind?

  1. #441
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,591
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna looks around at the other places they have yet to look into before the main building of the prison and asks, "Do you think we will find more vermin in the other nooks and crannies?"

    She resolves to stay behind Gregori from now one, feeling lucky that she wasn't swarmed when she was too close to the front.

    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #442
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,324
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Halál fastidiously brushes the bits of fried rat from his glossy feathers and glares around menacingly at the walls of the old prison. "I'm with you, friend Gregori . . . filthy plague ridden vermin!"

    He tests the draw on his bow and retrieves the arrow he dropped to swat at the rats, once more knocking it to the string and signaling his readiness to proceed.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #443
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,644
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    "If we are ready, that north west corner looks like it could need some investigating."

    ooc
    If it is a rickety falling down balcony and stairs, send Toddy. He can jump off rather gracefully if needed.

  • #444
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,591
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna gestures for them to proceed, "I shall stay behind Gregori this time."

    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #445
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    "Well, let's not stand around like a bunch of Taldoran dandies."

    Gregori will head over to the north west corner to take a look.

  • #446
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The stairs leading to the northwestern balcony are stout stone and only pitted here in there due to time and the weather. Toddy takes the lead after Halál gives about half of them the once over stating they appear fine.

    Marshan follows his eidolon followed by Gergori and Firvin, with the tengu (bow in hand) watches the rear and the grounds.

    When Toddy reaches the top of the steps he sees...

    A large, rectangular block of stone rests on this weather-beaten stone balcony, while ruined wooden benches line the eastern wall under a row of tiny, barred windows above. A stout wooden door sits in the wall near the northern end of the balcony.
    "Ah a door let's try this. And hope it isn't full of rats." Toddy says moving towards the wall.

    The others as they top the steps notice the block and watch in slight awe as a ghastly weapon rises from behind the stone block wielded by ghostly skeletal arms.

    OCC: See you in the CT
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #447
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Somewhere in the outskirts of the Eshirwood, Ustalav, Golarion...

    Amidst the chirping of crickets and other night-sounds, two women sit around a fire, outside a tent built for one. One of them works contentedly on a fillet of fish. The other eats nothing. For a while, they're silent. The one in green, with tanned-skin, breaks the silence.

    "What's got you all quiet tonight?"

    Her companion, who sits staring out into the trees, takes a moment to respond. "Nu'thin'," she humphs.

    "'Nu'thin',' huh?"

    "Yeah, that's right, 'nu'thin'. 'No thing.' 'In lack of a cause.'"


    "That so?"

    "That so."

    Some silence, save for the insects and the sounds of eating. An owl hoots.

    "I bet I know what's got you all quiet," says the first woman.

    Her companion shuffles moodily. "Oh yeah? Well why don't you save it for someone who cares?"

    The first woman, ignoring the other's comment, speaks between bites. "You're mad because I made you catch dinner again, aren't you?"

    The other makes a rude sound with her mouth and tongue. "Way to go, Oh Insightful One, Oh Observant One, you have ascertained the source of my disgruntledness. Well, that and this," she adds, gesturing to the wrap on her head, which oddly twitches as if on command. "Why do I always have to be the one who catches dinner? I mean, I don't even get to eat it!"

    "Oh come on, now, Kee, you know why: it's because you're the one who's good at it. And as for you needing to wear your headwrap again: we're going to be hitting the main road any day now," says the first, in a somewhat motherly tone, "and Ustalavians aren't exactly a welcoming bunch when it comes to the unconventional. How do you think they'd react to those wings?" After a moment, she adds, "You can probably take the wrap off now, anyway. Probably not going to have any company tonight."

    The other unwraps the stretch of cloth on top of her head and flexes a pair of oddly-placed, under-developed wings. He mood brightens a bit.

    "Say, want to play 'Legrosa'?"

    Her companion grins, setting her plate to one side. "You're on." She reaches into her pack and pulls out a small object that expands into a playing surface. Her winged companion moves closer, and the two begin to set up their pieces.

    "When are we going to reach Ravengro?"


    "Don't look at me," her friend jokes. "You're the one who's good with directions."

    "But I never paid attention to Ravengro before, since we usually travel their by horse."

    Making her opening move, her friend responds, "We should be there soon. Now come on, pay attention to the game. I'd like it to be a challenge this time."

    Her companion takes the bait of her barb, squawking. "Don't start! I'm still learning..."

    The two play, well into the night.


    Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
    Mini Stats
    Loh
    HP 22/22
    AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
    CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

    Perception +1

    Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

    Kee
    HP 13/13
    AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
    Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
    CMB +6 CMD 17

    Perception +13

    Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace



  • #448
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Meanwhile...

    Firvin and Marshan help a wounded Gergori back through the front gate of the old ruined prison. Halál watches their back, but the demon scythe isn't following and they all rest a moment.

    "That... ugh... thing wasn't just undead." the severely wounded human says through gritted teeth. "Something...something more."

    "Just try and rest," Marshan says in a no nonsense manner reacting the battle in his own mind as he looks back to the ruined building of the prison.

    Halál's beam of positive energy strikes the haft of the staff and causes it to shudder. A thin crack appears across the wood.

    "I think Halál has the idea. Maybe some holy water will help." Firvin says as she casts her own version of the spell but misses the narrow target.

    And then Toddy jumped into the fight, fighting it like he would something living, but the blade didn't react. It just kept coming and slicing through the air like a madman was wielding it.

    One of those swings caught Gergori hard across the chest and the man went down a bloody gash running red across his armor.

    Halál and Firvin kept up there magical assault but to little effect the cantrips to weak to do any serious damage in time. Marshan knew one solid blow and he could crush the thing but by then it would be to late for Gergori. And then...

    "Ahhh that hurts!" Toddy screamed as the blade sweep across his flank. Marshan quickly summoned divine energy to engulf both the human and the eidolon trying to save them both.

    The haunted scythe had other plans as it sliced into Toddy again and Marshan knew his abilities would run low long before this thing grew tired.

    "Fall back! Everyone! Toddy down the steps! We need to regroup!"
    His military training had maybe saved there lives but this Harrowstone was like no battlefield he had ever known.

    Everyone stood there pondering until Halál asked, "What should we do?"

    Gergori tried to grin through gritted teeth, "Oh a hot bath and... and a warm bed sound just fine to me."

    "Yes we need to get all our strength back and return in the morning." Marshan agreed as he help the warrior to his feet and set off back to Ravengro.
    _______________________________________

    Rumors circulate around Ravengro that the group went to Harrowstone and came back (a little scraped up but) alive. Feeling that it would take real heroes to do something like that the town's trust in the heroes increases a bit.

    +1 Trust (to offset the -1 as I move things along)
    CR 5 2,200XP
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 30th May, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #449
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Day Six -1 Trust

    The next morning the group awakes with a new resolve to tackle the ruins of Harrowstone and find out what truly happened to their friend Professor Lorrimor.

    They have a quick breakfast and gather all their gear before making their way once more to the ruined prison.

    But before they can walk out the door there is a timid knock followed by a muffled voice that sounds agitated.

    Opening the door the group sees two odd little girls.

    "Hello," one says. "We were told that the Heroes of Harrowstone. The ones looking into the professor's death were staying here."

    "Yay! We want in. The professor was a friend of ours," the second girl says hefting a hammer twice her size up on her shoulder.

    OCC: Enter Loh and Kee
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 30th May, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #450
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Loh enters, smiling. "Hiya!" she greets them, and then grows more serious. "Are you guys alright? You look like hell."

    Following in behind her, the woman in the head wrap rolls her eyes. "That's my Loh, always winnin' 'em over with her charm..."

    The first woman, the one in green, shakes off the others' comment. "Anyway, my name is Loh, and this is my friend Kee. We were, ahh, friends of the professor's. Weren't able to make it in time for the funeral, I'm afraid, but word on the street is that a few of the prof's old friends have stayed in town and kept busy." Raising an eyebrow at the group's nicks and bruises, she adds, "Seems that that much is true."

    After an awkward pause, Kee elbows low in the side. After a small "ow," Loh says, as she rubs her side, "So, uh, we were curious about what you all were looking into, and whether it did indeed have anything to do with the professor's death." As Kee makes to deliver a second elbow, Loh hastens to add, "That is, of course, if you don't mind our asking, of course." She grins a slightly askew grin.


    Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
    Mini Stats
    Loh
    HP 22/22
    AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
    CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

    Perception +1

    Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

    Kee
    HP 13/13
    AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
    Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
    CMB +6 CMD 17

    Perception +13

    Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace

    Last edited by Qik; Wednesday, 30th May, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrion Crown (Spoilers)
      By Crothian in forum Pathfinder RPG
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 08:18 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 01:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - RG
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 08:39 PM
    4. HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 402
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 07:20 AM
    5. RG - Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers)
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 08:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •