HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC - Page 46


What's on your mind?

  1. #451
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,359
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:


    The dwarf looks somewhat nonplussed at the abrupt appearance and introduction, and stammers out, "Oh, um . . ." He gives up momentarily, looking to Marshan and Firvin for signs of recognition of the energetic duo. Finally, he gives a curt nod and somewhat lamely says, "I'm Halál."

    OOC
    Still don't have my character sheet and stat block updated in the RG. I'll get that done this evening.
    Last edited by Mowgli; Thursday, 31st May, 2012 at 01:53 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

 

  • #452
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,677
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna has her longbow on the back of a chair and is primped for adventuring this morning. Her pale hair was brushed out and in its long, neat pony tale. She had cleaned her clothes from yesterday and they are freshly laundered from her magic.

    "I beg your pardon? I do not look like hell first thing in the morning after getting ready for the day." She sniffs indignantly and sips the last of her tea and picks up her longbow.

    "I am Firvinianna Laali. The Professor's funeral was eventful, to say the least. We are looking to investigate the potentially foul play and the prison is where we have ended up."

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +5
    AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 5/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #453
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Smiling a greeting at Halál, Loh is ill-prepared to defend against Kee's latest incoming elbow.

    "ow!"

    "She didn't mean anything by it, Madam Firvinianna - Loh's mouth just gets the better of her sometimes."

    Rubbing her increasingly bruising side, Loh adds, "Yeah, for sure, no harm meant - just a general observation that you all look as though you've been through a scrape or two of recent." The remainder of Firvinianna's statement then hits home.

    "So you believe the professor's death wasn't a natural one? And what's this about a prison?"


    Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
    Mini Stats
    Loh
    HP 22/22
    AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
    CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

    Perception +1

    Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

    Kee
    HP 13/13
    AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
    Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
    CMB +6 CMD 17

    Perception +13

    Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace


  • #454
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Marshan looks at the girls at the door. They're at least cute and friendly, unlike the prissy, tramp stamped dark elf. They also are carrying proper polearms. Since they are friendly, they must not be from this retched little town. "I am Marshan. Come in." Telepathically, "Toddy, watch out for other people snooping around or watching the house." "Yeah boss. And hurry up with those tarts."

    Once the girls are in the house and the door closed. Looking them over carefully while evaluating his words, (and they pass the sense motive via fiat) "There is something weird going on in this town. The professor was investigating an evil cult. He was starting to make progress and we think they killed him because of that. We have started our own investigation, but progress is difficult in this backwater town. More and more evil is cropping up, and if we are not witnessed as actually putting it down, we get blamed for it. The sheriff shows up, we explain how we fixed the problem, not caused it. Another problem, another visit. La-di-da. So, If you are interested in defeating evil that will probably eventually kill you, then do nasty things to you, you can help us. If this scares you, run out of town as fast as you can." He watches them carefully to see if this spooks them.

  • #455
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Although Loh sobers at the gravity of Marshan's words, she doesn't seem shaken by the content of his warning. "Sounds like the bastards need a kick in the behind whether they were responsible for the professor's death or not. I'd thought the prof was up to something..." she trails off, lost for a moment in her own recollections.

    "In any case, if you'll have me, I'd love to join your inquiry. Kendra seems to think well of you all, so that's good enough in my book."


    Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
    Mini Stats
    Loh
    HP 22/22
    AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
    CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

    Perception +1

    Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

    Kee
    HP 13/13
    AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
    Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
    CMB +6 CMD 17

    Perception +13

    Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace

    Last edited by Qik; Friday, 1st June, 2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Grammar! And narrative continuity!

  • #456
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    "Well, you have been officially warned you might die and you didn't run away like children. So, welcome aboard. We could use the help. Now if you will excuse me a moment..." Marshan grabs several tarts from the breakfast table as well as other left over scraps and heads outside to feed the funny looking pack mule creature that was in the yard.
    "Bout time! .... oops."

  • #457
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,359
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Still looking a little nonplussed, Halál goes about checking his gear for the trial ahead. Once he's finished, he nods his readiness to Marshan, Toddy and Firvianna, and tips his broad brimmed hat to Loh and Kee as he settles it on his head.

    __________

    Mini Stats

    Halál Árnyéka
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
    HP: 20/20
    CMB: +2 CMD: 14
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

    Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus

    Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (1/1)

    Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
    Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
    1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
    Last edited by Mowgli; Saturday, 2nd June, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #458
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,677
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna looks after Marshan with a raised eyebrow, "He paints a rosy picture doesn't he? There are rumors of haunting spirits in the prison and we do have some suspicions of the Whispering Way being potentially active."

    "But we do have proof of undead. At least a scythe with an evil spirit inside."

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +5
    AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 5/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #459
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Loh nods. "Somebody's got to be the realist, I suppose."

    "Tell me about it..." mumbles Kee, shifting her weight. She seems to be getting ready to get on with it, whatever "it" is.

    At the mention of undead at their coming destination, Loh whistles. "Well, can't say you didn't warn me. I've got my affairs in order, though, so I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. We can set off whenever you all are ready." As if to illustrate her willingness to wait, however, she seats herself at the table and pops a tart in her mouth.

    "Shouldn't you have asked first?" chides her companion with a shake of her head.


    Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
    Mini Stats
    Loh
    HP 22/22
    AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
    CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

    Perception +1

    Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

    Kee
    HP 13/13
    AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
    Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
    CMB +6 CMD 17

    Perception +13

    Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace


  • #460
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Gregori watching from the corner pipes up as the others get ready to leave once more for Harrowstone. "If these two know how to use those weapons they carry then I think I will sit out this trip."

    When the others look at him quizzingly he adds quickly, "I just think that these folk won't do much should the group get trapped or worse at Harrowstone. Someone will need to motivate them to send a search party, and besides we are suppose to be keeping an eye on Kendra. What happens to her should all of us...?" he stops letting the words go unsaid.

    Trading up the one warrior for two (albeit smaller ones ) warriors the group now five ( "Six," - Toddy) strong make their way once more outside town to Harrowstone Prison.

    At the gate they watch for signs of monsters both living and dead.

    DM Ultimate Question
    "What do you do?"
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrion Crown (Spoilers)
      By Crothian in forum Pathfinder RPG Discussion, Rules, Houserules, & Homebrews
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 08:18 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 01:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - RG
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 08:39 PM
    4. HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 402
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 07:20 AM
    5. RG - Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers)
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 08:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •