HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
HallrnykaPostHeadShot02.png

The dwarf looks somewhat nonplussed at the abrupt appearance and introduction, and stammers out, "Oh, um . . ." He gives up momentarily, looking to Marshan and Firvin for signs of recognition of the energetic duo. Finally, he gives a curt nod and somewhat lamely says, "I'm Halál."

[sblock=OOC]Still don't have my character sheet and stat block updated in the RG. I'll get that done this evening.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna has her longbow on the back of a chair and is primped for adventuring this morning. Her pale hair was brushed out and in its long, neat pony tale. She had cleaned her clothes from yesterday and they are freshly laundered from her magic.

"I beg your pardon? I do not look like hell first thing in the morning after getting ready for the day." She sniffs indignantly and sips the last of her tea and picks up her longbow.

"I am Firvinianna Laali. The Professor's funeral was eventful, to say the least. We are looking to investigate the potentially foul play and the prison is where we have ended up."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 5/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Qik

First Post
Smiling a greeting at Halál, Loh is ill-prepared to defend against Kee's latest incoming elbow.

"ow!"

"She didn't mean anything by it, Madam Firvinianna - Loh's mouth just gets the better of her sometimes."

Rubbing her increasingly bruising side, Loh adds, "Yeah, for sure, no harm meant - just a general observation that you all look as though you've been through a scrape or two of recent." The remainder of Firvinianna's statement then hits home.

"So you believe the professor's death wasn't a natural one? And what's this about a prison?"

loh-janna-smaller.jpg
kee-lah-lah-lah-smaller.jpg

Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22
AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

Perception +1

Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

Kee
HP 13/13
AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan looks at the girls at the door. They're at least cute and friendly, unlike the prissy, tramp stamped dark elf. They also are carrying proper polearms. Since they are friendly, they must not be from this retched little town. "I am Marshan. Come in." Telepathically, "Toddy, watch out for other people snooping around or watching the house." "Yeah boss. And hurry up with those tarts."

Once the girls are in the house and the door closed. Looking them over carefully while evaluating his words, (and they pass the sense motive via fiat) "There is something weird going on in this town. The professor was investigating an evil cult. He was starting to make progress and we think they killed him because of that. We have started our own investigation, but progress is difficult in this backwater town. More and more evil is cropping up, and if we are not witnessed as actually putting it down, we get blamed for it. The sheriff shows up, we explain how we fixed the problem, not caused it. Another problem, another visit. La-di-da. So, If you are interested in defeating evil that will probably eventually kill you, then do nasty things to you, you can help us. If this scares you, run out of town as fast as you can." He watches them carefully to see if this spooks them.

Qik

First Post
Although Loh sobers at the gravity of Marshan's words, she doesn't seem shaken by the content of his warning. "Sounds like the bastards need a kick in the behind whether they were responsible for the professor's death or not. I'd thought the prof was up to something..." she trails off, lost for a moment in her own recollections.

"In any case, if you'll have me, I'd love to join your inquiry. Kendra seems to think well of you all, so that's good enough in my book."

loh-janna-smaller.jpg

[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22

Perception +1

Kee
HP 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, you have been officially warned you might die and you didn't run away like children. So, welcome aboard. We could use the help. Now if you will excuse me a moment..." Marshan grabs several tarts from the breakfast table as well as other left over scraps and heads outside to feed the funny looking pack mule creature that was in the yard.
"Bout time! .... oops."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Still looking a little nonplussed, Halál goes about checking his gear for the trial ahead. Once he's finished, he nods his readiness to Marshan, Toddy and Firvianna, and tips his broad brimmed hat to Loh and Kee as he settles it on his head.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Halál Árnyéka
Initiative: +4
AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +2 CMD: 14:)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus

Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (1/1)

Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna looks after Marshan with a raised eyebrow, "He paints a rosy picture doesn't he? There are rumors of haunting spirits in the prison and we do have some suspicions of the Whispering Way being potentially active."

"But we do have proof of undead. At least a scythe with an evil spirit inside."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 5/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Qik

First Post
Loh nods. "Somebody's got to be the realist, I suppose."

"Tell me about it..." mumbles Kee, shifting her weight. She seems to be getting ready to get on with it, whatever "it" is.

At the mention of undead at their coming destination, Loh whistles. "Well, can't say you didn't warn me. I've got my affairs in order, though, so I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. We can set off whenever you all are ready." As if to illustrate her willingness to wait, however, she seats herself at the table and pops a tart in her mouth.

"Shouldn't you have asked first?" chides her companion with a shake of her head.

loh-janna-smaller.jpg

[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22

Perception +1

Kee
HP 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gregori watching from the corner pipes up as the others get ready to leave once more for Harrowstone. "If these two know how to use those weapons they carry then I think I will sit out this trip."

When the others look at him quizzingly he adds quickly, "I just think that these folk won't do much should the group get trapped or worse at Harrowstone. Someone will need to motivate them to send a search party, and besides we are suppose to be keeping an eye on Kendra. What happens to her should all of us...?" he stops letting the words go unsaid.

Trading up the one warrior for two (albeit smaller ones :p ) warriors the group now five ( "Six," - Toddy) strong make their way once more outside town to Harrowstone Prison.

At the gate they watch for signs of monsters both living and dead.

[sblock=DM Ultimate Question] "What do you do?" [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases