HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Qik

First Post
Loh and Kee hang back as Gregori explains himself to the group. When the time comes to leave, Loh makes sure to pat the man on the shoulder encouragingly. She feels better knowing someone is looking out for Kendra.

The pair draw their weapons as they approach the gate. Looking around, Loh says, "Well, you all have been here before, right? What do things look like inside?"

[sblock=OOC]I'm happy to have Kee take point - she's a respectable 21 AC once Mage Armor has been slapped on her - with Loh either up there with her or in the second row. Whatever you guys want.

Loh'll cast Mage Armor on Kee right before we enter.

Also, just to be clear: has Toddy been playing pack animal the entire time, or has he broken his cover at this point?[/sblock]

loh-janna-smaller.jpg
kee-lah-lah-lah-smaller.jpg

Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22
AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

Perception +1

Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

Kee
HP 13/13
AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna bids Gregory farewell and suggests he continue with some research or working getting more out of that grizzled priest.

Once in the prison the elf shrugs as she replies to Loh, "Like a rundown prison in disrepair. I am thinking we should continue from where we left off."

"Unless we think there is a possibility that more nefarious creatures moved into the towers around the walls since yesterday
."

Firvin unlimbers her longbow, just in case. She contemplates casting her armor protection immediately guessing that two hours for this foray might be long enough.

"If your companion wants to lead the way and be fodder for the... er, be the pointy end of our spear, I am content with that plan. My place is in the back."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +5
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 17 w/Mage Armor)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 5/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Loh shrugs. "I meant more like, situationally, rather than interior decorationally."

Kee frowns at Frivinianna's endorsement. "Thanks for your support, m'lady," she grumbles.

"Now who's winning 'em over?"

"Don't you start."

[sblock=OOC]Just a small point: Kee's wings remain covered so as not to completely freak out the locals. I think I'd mentioned that somewhere in her write-up in the RG, but there's no real way you would have known that. So I just figured I'd mention it here. :p[/sblock]
loh-janna-smaller.jpg

[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22

Perception +1

Kee
HP 13/13
AC 17 Touch 11 Flat-footed 16
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

Satin Knights

First Post
"Don't know. We never got inside. The guard towers had enough surprises. We should make sure they are not repopulated." Stopping for a moment as we near, Marshan cast mage armor upon Toddy. Marshan and Toddy take lead without saying a word. They check out the gate guard shacks at R1.

[sblock=Toddy]Toddy plays pack mule when around town folk. When alone with the group, he will talk, occasionally too much. He has revealed himself to Kendra, her house staff and the town sheriff.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
HP: 20 Current HP: 20
CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +4; +2 vs. Enchantment

Current Weapons in Hand:
MW Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +3, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
Cestus +3, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +3, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
Longbow +3, d8
Dagger +3, d4+1

Skills: +4 Perception, +5 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close, Detect Magic
.Orisons: Read Magic, Create Water, Light, Stabilize
Summoner 1st Level Spells: 3/2 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease (DC 12), Shield
Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor
Domain Power: 4/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO
Consumables:
20 normal arrows ~ 8 blunt arrows ~ 4 large sized arrows, more on Toddy
4 Silver Arrows ~ silver
3 White Arrows ~ +1 arrows
2 Blue Arrows ~ +1 ghost touch arrows
1 Black Arrow ~ +1 undead bane arrows
1 Haunt Siphon
1 Hide from Undead scroll (2nd CL, 20 minutes)

Active Enhancements:

Toddy ~
Perception: +5; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium, move 40'
AC: 18/22 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 6 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 22 for 3 hours
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: 4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +4, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +4, d4+2; Claw +4, d4+2
Skills: +15 Acrobatics, +5 Perception, +4 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Evasion, Combat Reflexes
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite), Improved Natural Armor(1)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Loh mirrors Marshan's actions and casts a protective spell for Kee. The pair then follows the soldier and the lama as they go to inspect the the guard house, weapons at the ready.

[sblock=OOC]Cast Mage Armor on Kee.[/sblock]
loh-janna-smaller.jpg

[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22

Perception +1

Spells:
- 1: 2/3

Active Magic: Mage Armor (on Kee) - 0/2 hours

Kee
HP 13/13
AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-footed 20
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group follows it's former path and check the only out building and the wall towers. They find nothing new.

"There's the balcony,"
Toddy says with a little fear in his voice. "Do we really want to go that way? What about the doorway back there?" he adds using his head and neck to point at the main entrance.

[sblock=Map Key]
group is here X
doorway is here X
mean scythe of doom is here X [/sblock]

Attachments

• current map 1.jpg
    current map 1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 56

Qik

First Post
Examining their surroundings, Loh gestures to the stairway ascending the side of the building. "Front door would be too predictable, no? So how about we try heading up there?"

loh-janna-smaller.jpg

[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22

Perception +1

Spells:

Kee
HP 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

With the outer area still deserted, Firvinianna makes her final preparation for entering the prison's main building and casts her own protective armor spell.

She nods in agreement, "Yes, that would appear to be the obvious way in and it is also a place to start. However, another way in would likely be for the better."

[sblock=Mini Stats & OOC]OOC: Cast Mage Armor.
I also cannot remember if there was a way in from the balcony or not.
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
+1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
Elemental Ray:
5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon[/sblock]___________________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Qik

First Post
Nodding, Loh begins to approach the side stairs. Both her and Kee keep their eyes peeled.

Two consecutive 20s! Hope I didn't waste my luck!

loh-janna-smaller.jpg

[sblock=Mini Stats]Loh
HP 22/22

Perception +1

Spells:

Kee
HP 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
CMB +6 CMD 17

Perception +13

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group cautiously take to the stairs. The only sound is there boots on the stone and their hearts pounding in their chests.

[sblock=OOC] Lame I know but it's late.

No one did but next time I would like a little marching order or at least the first person to the top (or in the room).

It's ok as your PCs know what is up here and since they do I will allow them a free surprise round.

Everyone will start at the red X (I-7) and take their action from there. Please roll your INIT as well and after everyone has gone I will roll for the monster and we will start round 1.

Note the monster is nowhere to be seen at this time.[/sblock]

Attachments

• CC-scythe 1.jpg
    CC-scythe 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 58

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases