HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC - Page 56





+ Log in or register to post
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 703
  1. #551
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,293
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    OOC: Just got access to the site, posting lite in my short available window before bed.
    Firvinianna is last down the ladder.

    "Whenever you are ready, I am."

    The dark skinned elf remains in the back.

    Mini Stats & OOC
    OOC:
    _______________
    Initiative:
    +5
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
    Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

    Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

 

  • #552
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    Toddy heads off south down the long dark corridor. (anyone without dark vision will need a light source)

    Row upon row of ten-foot-square prison cells line the walls, each separated from the passing hallway by a series of iron bars fitted with a narrow iron doors. Skeletons slump in many of the cells, the bones scattered where they lie and coated with a mixed layer of ancient ash and fresh mold.

    "What are we looking for in here anyway?"
    Toddy asks as he finds the area distasteful.

    OOC: Party current location. Where the A is on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC 2nd floor map 2.jpg  
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 19th July, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #553
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,293
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Not being able to see in the complete darkness, the sorceress casts a light spell to cause her longbow to illuminate the area around her.

    Firvinianna looks around with curiosity and keeps an eye looking back towards the other direction. She answers Toddy, "We are looking for anything unusual. That and ghosts and such."

    "So these cells have the remains of prisoners left to die, perhaps?
    "

    Mini Stats & OOC
    OOC:
    _______________
    Initiative:
    +5
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
    Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

    Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #554
    "We are looking for what would have solved the Professor's puzzle. We don't know what that is until after we have found it."

    "Finding the names of the individual prisoners is probably a good idea. There were a few important ones. Searching the cells is probably in order."

    Toddy continues moving south and looks around the corner to the east.

  • #555
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    Turning the corner the eidolon sees an old guard post that must have once served as a comfortable assignment.

    This guard area is blocked from the cellblock by an arc of iron bars. Within sits an old wooden table and a few chairs.
    The plush chairs are sodden and moth eaten and the bars are nearly rusted through.

    "I don't see anything that could tell us about these old prisoners," Toddy says as one of his long ears twitches. "But I hear something strange."

    Perception DC 15
    You notice the faint sound of mournful flute music and the eerie flapping of tiny leathery wings.


    OOC: Toddy already made the above check.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC 2nd floor map 3.jpg  
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #556
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,293
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Getting closer to Toddy, Firvinianna looks and listens. Then she says quietly, "I hear it too. Some sad music from a flute maybe... and the sound of flapping. Not like birds with feathers, more like bats with wings of leather."

    "It would appear that something civilized is here at least.
    "

    Mini Stats & OOC
    OOC: Perception (1d20+8=23)
    _______________
    Initiative:
    +5
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
    Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

    Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #557
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    ř Ignore Qik
    Loh casts her own Light spell on her weapon as they move into the darkness. "Sheesh, might as well carry a banner than says 'Attack me' on it..." grumbles Kee.

    "Not all of us are so visually blessed, O Perceptive One..."

    As if in illustration of Loh's jab, Kee's ears pick up on the music as they approach the guard area. "I hear it too." She describes the sounds to Loh, who hasn't caught them yet. The half-elf balks. "A winged, sullen-flute playing resident of a haunted prison is your definition of civilized?" she asks Firvinianna incredulously. "Lady, we're from different schools of thought for sure."

    Kee clucks her tongue at Loh's ill manners, but is too focused on being prepared to chide her.

    Actions
    Kee Perception: 1d20+13=18

    Loh Perception: 1d20+1=13

    Kee will follow behind Toddy to get a better look at things. Loh will be close behind, but not yet entering the room.



    Loh Janna & Kee Lah-Lah-Lah
    Mini Stats
    Loh
    HP 22/22
    AC 17 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +4 (+6 vs enchantments)
    CMB +5 (+7 Trip) CMD 17 (19 vs Trip)

    Perception +1

    Horsechopper +5, 1d10+4, x3, P/S/Reach/Trip

    Spells:
    - 1: 2/3

    Active Magic: Mage Armor (on Kee) - 0/2 hours

    Kee
    HP 13/13
    AC 21 Touch 11 Flat-footed 20
    Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
    CMB +6 CMD 17

    Perception +13

    Lucerne Hammer +6, 1d12+6, x2, B/P/Reach/Brace


  • #558
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,293
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna glances at Loh, an eyebrow raised, and replies, "I did not mean to imply civilized qualities to undead or ghosts. I only meant that the beasts and monsters we have seen so far usually don't play music."

    Mini Stats & OOC
    OOC:
    _______________
    Initiative:
    +5
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
    Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

    Bardic Performance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #559
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    The music seems to be coming from the very walls themselves as everyone cocks an ear to listen. But the disembodied dirge and the ghostly wings are not the only things that they hear.

    Perception DC 0:
    The sound of chains rattling and bones creaking brings the groups attention to the passage they just came down from. Inside all the cells the dead bones of the inmates have taken on new life as the animate and start to rise and move.

    Fortunately most of the cells are still shut and locked, but a few of the doors are open and their occupants now in some twisted way are freer than when they were living.

    OOC: Surprise Round over. I will roll the groups INIT please apply your modifier to the roll. Also at the start of each of your turns roll a DC 14 WILL save or become shaken for that round.

    INIT: Skeletons 21, Piper 15,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC-Piper rd1.jpg  
    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 28th July, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #560
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    OOC: Looks like Skeletons are up first.

    The undead inmates waste no time in surrounding the group and raking at everyone within reach with their claws.

    Crunch

    5' step from C-20 to C-19 and full attack on Halál
    10' move from D-21 to D-19 (cover provides no AoOs) one claw vs Marshan
    charge C-13 to C-17 one claw attack vs Halál
    30' move C-11 to D-17 one claw attack vs Firvin

    Results:
    Halál hit twice for 2d4+4 = 7 pts dmg
    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 28th July, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrion Crown (Spoilers)
      By Crothian in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 07:18 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 12:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - RG
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 07:39 PM
    4. HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 402
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 06:20 AM
    5. RG - Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers)
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 07:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •