HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC - Page 58


What's on your mind?

  1. #571
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The corner of the wall plays havoc with Kee's attempts to bring down the skeleton. Had the wall not been there she knows she would have crushed the gangly undead to dust.

    The skeleton slowly tries climbing back unto it's fleshless feet, but Halál stops it with a mighty blow from his axe.

    The other skeletons continue to rake, claw, and even bite at the warriors. And no one is truly safe from a wicked claw or being caught by a stray bone spur.

    OOC
    Used IC to save on the rolling headache. Looks like Marshan was hit for 4pts dmg, Halál was hit for 5pts dmg, and Firvin was hit for 3pts dmg was saved from assault by an AoO. Should have rolled that first - Now I need to go change the map.

    Firvin is up and then the mighty Piper...who will he target next?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC-Piper rd2.jpg  
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #572
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Firivin bids her time waiting for a chance when she can move.

    Loh moves away from the congested hallway and let's her horsechopper drop. She then draws her flail and readies herself for some skeleton bashing. <Moves to G-19>

    OOC: Kee delays as everyone is in here way atm. Boys are up, and don't forget Will save DC 14 to avoid being shaken before your round starts.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 4th August, 2012 at 03:28 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #573
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Marshan steps in to flank the next skeleton with Halal and crushes this one with another close punch with the cestus.
    actions
    5' step to C20, std: offhand cestus again, move: regrip hammer.

    mini-stats
    Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
    AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
    HP: 20 Current HP: 16
    CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +4; +2 vs. Enchantment

    Current Weapons in Hand:
    MW Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +3, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
    Cestus +3, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +3, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
    Longbow +3, d8
    Dagger +3, d4+1

    Skills: +4 Perception, +5 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close, Detect Magic
    .Orisons: Read Magic, Create Water, Light, Stabilize
    Summoner 1st Level Spells: 3/2 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease (DC 12), Shield
    Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor
    Domain Power: 3/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
    Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
    Channel Energy: 3/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO
    Consumables:
    20 normal arrows ~ 8 blunt arrows ~ 4 large sized arrows, more on Toddy
    4 Silver Arrows ~ silver
    3 White Arrows ~ +1 arrows
    2 Blue Arrows ~ +1 ghost touch arrows
    1 Black Arrow ~ +1 undead bane arrows
    1 Haunt Siphon
    1 Hide from Undead scroll (2nd CL, 20 minutes)

    Active Enhancements:

    Toddy ~
    Perception: +5; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium, move 40'
    AC: 18/22 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 6 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 22 for 3 hours
    HP: 13 Current HP: 13
    CMB: 4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
    Natural Weapons: Bite +4, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +4, d4+2; Claw +4, d4+2
    Skills: +15 Acrobatics, +5 Perception, +4 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
    Feats/Evolutions: Evasion, Combat Reflexes
    , Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite), Improved Natural Armor(1)
    Condition: Dazed/Stunned/??
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Saturday, 4th August, 2012 at 05:30 AM.

  • #574
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,324
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Now free to concentrate on one foe only Halal turns to confront the remaining skeleton, drawing a throwing axe for his off hand as he spins. He feints with his WarAxe, swinging in a high whistling arc . . . his follow up blow with the throwing axe is weak, however, and barely manages to take a sliver from the skeleton's ribs. The incessant music of the piper and the atmosphere combine with the Dwarf's frustration regarding his lack of battle prowess today, and he finally succumbs to the creeps.

    Actions

    Will Save (1d20+4=6)


    __________


    Mini Stats

    Halál Árnyéka
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
    HP: 10/20
    CMB: +2 CMD: 14
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

    Current Weapon in Hand: Dwarven WarAxe, Cestus

    Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

    Current Conditions: Shaken

    Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
    Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
    1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
    Last edited by Mowgli; Saturday, 4th August, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #575
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

    Firvinianna let her song linger in the air, echoing its courageous reverberations. Stepping away from the skeletons, she asks, "Where's the music coming from? And why isn't Toddy doing anything?"

    She points her finger at the skeleton and disrupting white ray of light heads toward it.

    Mini Stats & OOC
    OOC: Lingering Inspire Courage +1 Att/damage (2 rnds)
    5ft step to E19
    Ranged Touch on last skeleton: Disrupt Undead (-4 penalty into melee) (1d20+1=16, 1d6+1=3)
    Remove Haunt Siphon from pouch
    _______________
    Initiative:
    +5
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
    Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow & haunt Siphon

    Bardic Performance: 7/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #576
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Only one skeleton remains standing as the group gathers itself and acts. And this one looks like it won't last for long as Kee move cautiously around the corner and the skeleton lashes out at her, but she easily brushes the clawed hand away. She moves till she is ready to flank the skeleton.

    Ignoring the threat since it seemed to move away the skeleton turns it's attention back to the wounded dwarf. It claws at his eyes and neck drawing blood from several deep scratches, before it's hit by Firvin's light and it's mouth opens in a soundless scream.

    Not enjoying the baleful dirge Firvin's eyes dart left and right, up and down, looking for the flute player. Then she starts to feel a coldness about her as if some unseen hand has taken a hold of the back of her neck.

    Combat Crunch

    INIT order
    Skeleton - rolling
    Piper - rolling target
    Halál - is up
    Toddy - held round 3 of 4
    Marshan -
    Firvin -
    Loh -
    Kee-

    inspire courage is in effect (last lingering round)


    Notes
    a) added wrong dmg modifier to claw attacks (should have been +2) dmg to
    Halál is 7 pts.
    b) had to roll Firvin's save to see if the music effected her to see if the she had a -2 to her upcoming save vs hold person - she does so need a Will Save at +3 from her
    c) sorry for delays weekends aren't my best posting time
    d) think I got in everything

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC-Piper rd3.jpg  
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 6th August, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #577
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,324
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Halál growls in frustration at his continued lack of effectiveness . . . this is not what a dwarf expects from himself when using an axe! He sets his feet and a look of grim determination settles in as he sees his ally helping him box the bones; his axes become whirring blades of death as they slam into the lone remaining skeleton again and again . . .

    Actions

    So, either 26, 30, or 42 Damage, depending on (n)either or both of the Crit Confirms hitting . . . I guess I won't gripe about that round

    Will Save (1d10+2=4) (Wasn't sure if the effect from the piper stacks - if so, the Dwarf is screwed . . .)


    __________


    Mini Stats

    Halál Árnyéka
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 16 (12 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
    HP: 06/20
    CMB: +2 CMD: 14
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +7 (+8 vs. Traps), Sense Motive: +7

    Current Weapon in Hand: Dwarven WarAxe, Cestus

    Special Abilities: Spell Resistance (07), Precision Damage, Touch the Spirit World (5/5), Judgements (0/1)

    Current Conditions: Shaken

    Prayers Available Cantrips (At-Will), 1st (2/2)
    Orisons: Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
    1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith
    Last edited by Mowgli; Monday, 6th August, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #578
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    After Halal deals with the last skeleton at the back of the pack, Marshan moves to the front of the pack searching for the piper. Using the power of nature's wrath to deal with the abomination, a wave of positive energy sweeps across the room.

    Toddy tricks the magic and slips free. "It's right there boss!"
    actions
    Move to G18, channel positive energy to harm undead
    Die roller doubled up on me. Reading bottom up, Marshan made his save this time.
    Not that it would have affected his action.
    Hopefully Toddy can give us a target now.
    mini-stats
    Marshan ~ Perception: +4; Stealth: +2; Initiative: +2; Low Light vision
    AC: 14/12 (12 Touch, 12 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 2 leather armor) AC: 14
    HP: 20 Current HP: 16
    CMB: 3 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +4; +2 vs. Enchantment

    Current Weapons in Hand:
    MW Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3 @10' reach; Enlarged: MW Luc Hammer +3, 3d6+4 @15-20' reach
    Cestus +3, d4+1 at 5' reach, offhand; When Enlarged: Cestus +3, d6+1 at 5-10' reach
    Longbow +3, d8
    Dagger +3, d4+1

    Skills: +4 Perception, +5 Sense Motive, +2 Stealth; Combat Reflexes
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Mage Hand, Message, Open/Close, Detect Magic
    .Orisons: Read Magic, Create Water, Light, Stabilize
    Summoner 1st Level Spells: 3/2 remaining; Mage Armor, Grease (DC 12), Shield
    Cleric 1st Level Spells: 3; Enlarge Self*, Detect Undead, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor
    Domain Power: 3/4 remaining; Enlarge self as a swift action for 1 round
    Summoner Monster I: 4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
    Channel Energy: 2/4 remaining; 1d6 in a 30' burst, 4/day, DC 11, Not Selective; Does not provoke AoO
    Consumables:
    20 normal arrows ~ 8 blunt arrows ~ 4 large sized arrows, more on Toddy
    4 Silver Arrows ~ silver
    3 White Arrows ~ +1 arrows
    2 Blue Arrows ~ +1 ghost touch arrows
    1 Black Arrow ~ +1 undead bane arrows
    1 Haunt Siphon
    1 Hide from Undead scroll (2nd CL, 20 minutes)

    Active Enhancements:

    Toddy ~
    Perception: +5; Stealth: +6; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: medium, move 40'
    AC: 18/22 (12 Touch, 12 flat-footed) (2 Dex, 6 NA, usually 4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 22 for 3 hours
    HP: 13 Current HP: 13
    CMB: 4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
    Natural Weapons: Bite +4, d6+2 @10' reach; Claw +4, d4+2; Claw +4, d4+2
    Skills: +15 Acrobatics, +5 Perception, +4 Sense Motive, +6 Stealth
    Feats/Evolutions: Evasion, Combat Reflexes
    , Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Reach(bite), Improved Natural Armor(1)
    Condition: Dazed/Stunned/??
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Tuesday, 7th August, 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added requested "After Effects" roll

  • #579
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ř Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Firvinianna resists the enchantment and keeps moving. Putting away her longbow, she steps up beside Toddy asking, "Where is it?"

    (If possible) She points her finger at the piper and a disrupting white ray of light heads toward it.

    Mini Stats & OOC
    OOC: Lingering Inspire Courage +1 Att/damage (2 rnds)
    Will Save (1d20+3=16)
    5ft step to F19; put longbow away
    Ranged Touch on piper if seen: Disrupt Undead (with Insp Courage) (1d20+3=21, 1d6+1=6)

    _______________
    Initiative:
    +5
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch, 13 w/out Mage Armor)
    HP: 18 Current: 18
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +4 (+5 vs. Enchantments)
    +1 for all with Resistance; Immune to Magical Sleep
    Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor

    Current Weapon in Hand: Haunt Siphon

    Bardic Performance: 7/8 Rounds Remaining (lingering +2 rounds); Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Countersong, Distraction
    Elemental Ray:
    5/5 Remaining (Turn any elemental spell into Electricity)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark, Read Magic
    Sorcerer 1st Level Spells: 4/5 remaining; Mage Armor, Magic Missile
    Bard 1st Level Spells: 3/3 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Timely Inspiration

    Equipment: Sunrod, CLW Potion (2), Lessor Restoration Potion, +1 Arrows (4), Silver Arrows (4), Flasks of Holy Water (2), Haunt Siphon
    ___________________________________________

    Firvinianna Laali
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #580
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    OOC: Since Toddy is no longer affected by the hold person he can no longer see the Piper.

    The whole group notices as the dirge skips a note or two after Marshan let's out a burst of positive energy. But it picks back up after a moment and continues it's mournful song.

    OOC
    Combat is over (technically) but the Piper is still about. And combat could start up again.

    The Piper has total concealment from the disrupt undead. And can only be truly targeted when someone is under it's effects - being held or the round after (which is when Firvin attacked) - as that is when it manifests.

    Just need a regroup and what you all wish to do next.


    XP: Skeletons (4) XP = 540
    Last edited by HolyMan; Friday, 7th September, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrion Crown (Spoilers)
      By Crothian in forum Pathfinder RPG
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 08:18 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 01:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - RG
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Saturday, 26th May, 2012, 08:39 PM
    4. HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 402
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 07:20 AM
    5. RG - Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers)
      By HolyMan in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st September, 2011, 08:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •