HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

GlassEye

Adventurer
"True, that," says Gregori taking another bite of the food before him and pointing at Halal with the gnawed leg of a chicken. Swallowing down the mouthful of food he continues. "The Professor has helped my family, so I'll help his as he wished it. Whether I stay in this house or not, I'll be here to help you, Miss Lorrimor, in whatever ways you should need." He pauses to shovel down a bit more food and as he chews a thoughtful look replaces his seemingly common intense glare. "Though mingling in the town might help a bit with the locals, especially after that fiasco at the funeral. Don't want them thinking we're up here animating the Professor's corpse like a little marionette!"

"Since I'll be here for a month I plan on looking into this work of the Professor's." He scowls. "And look into the Professor's death, as well. If it wasn't an accident I'll drag that spirit from the underworld to avenge the Professor, by Pharasma!" He thumps his fork-holding fist down on the table making the dishes rattle then smiles a bit sheepishly.

"With your permission, Miss Lorrimor, I would like access to the Professor's library. It seems a walk about this 'Harrowstone' place to be in order and if there are spirits about I'd like to know what I'm getting into. SO, the rest of you game?" He grins wolfishly.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna doesn't feel as strong loyalty to the Professor as Gregori, but revenge is something she understands. "I am amenable. Besides studying the material in the library, perhaps some time in the local taverns would be prove beneficial as well."

Not really in favor of most human cooking, she politely sticks with the items on the menu that cannot be screwed up by an amateur cook. That way she won't offend if something is not to her liking.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"And I'm always in favor of finding out as much as possible about what's going on . . . especially as it pertains to the passing of personal friends. Some time in the Professor's library wouldn't go amiss for me, either."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I will need to assess the value of the estates here," Kendra says in reply to Firvinanna's question. "If it would be even worth it to sell everything and pack up and head back to Lepidstadt."

She listens to Gergori and smiles at his enthusism, looking on sad at the passing of her father.

"Oh, please fill free to use anything you need. My father's library will give you days of reading that is for sure and maybe these next thirty days will fly by."

The group wonders what new information about both Harrowstone and The Whispering Way they will find. As their own knowledge on the subjects is...

[sblock=Is what?] I'm not sure you will need to make a check or two. Since dinner isn't bring forth a lot of RP it is time to move on to the next part I believe (always time for RP later).

Researching into Harrowstone and The Whispering Way...

Step one: Make either a Know(history) or Know(local) check for what your character knows (off the top of their head) about Harrowstone. And either a Know(arcana) or Know(religion) check for what they know for The Whispering Way. This check is only allowed once per character.

After everyone makes their two checks we will put the characters to bed and I will post up the next day.

Step two: You may make a Gather Info check (one allowed per day) as you venture through town talking to the locals. Note: If you venture out that is (see below).

Step three: Research - You may research into each subject to make one of the above checks (listed in step one). Bonuses will apply depending on where the research takes place (unless you are untrained). Your character is allowed to make an untrained skill check if they are researching a subject at a library but they do not receive that areas bonus to the skill check. Researching allows one check to be made per day and takes the whole day to do.

Note: aid another checks, guidance, and all other boost are allowed just list in with the roll plz. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
My combat medic training gave me a little background information on the Whispering Way, but not much. And this is my first trip to the Harrowstone, so I don't know the people or land here.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori seems lost in thought as he finishes his meal. "I know little about this 'Harrowstone' or this Whispering Waif fellow. I'll have to do some reading in the Professor's library, maybe."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, sorry! I was wondering why things weren't moving on then I realized today that I hadn't made the requested rolls. Guess that's what happens when you read threads at 3 in the morning and think that you've replied when you haven't. :blush:[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"You know, now that I think of it I do seem to recall a few tidbits of information about the prison." He turns to Kendra. "Didn't the place burn down back in 4660 or so? Are they still using it, then? How do the prisoners deal with the spirits of the dead . . . I'd heard the place is haunted."

[sblock=OOC]I know, there's some info there that contradicts what he'd know from his check but I thought I'd leave one of the others something to say.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I have heard the rumors as well. My fatehr was looking into them before he..." Kendra starts to say, then stops to look sad.

"If you wish to learn more besides my father's library you could try the Town Hall and the Temple of Pharasma,"
Kendra says stifling a yawn. "Perhaps The Unfurling Scroll will have something. I'm not quite sure but it does deal in the arcane."

She rises from the table. "I must be off to bed it has been a trying day and there is so much else to do. It was nice meeting all of you, and if you have need of me please ask. I will have the servers see to your sleeping arrangements before I retire, Goodnight."

She leaves the group alone to ponder their own course of action come the morning.

[sblock=OOC] If you have not noticed (sure you have) the info for the rolls is in the RG. Also have the map of Ravengro posted. Just need a little RP of what those of you who know things (*ahem* pm) informing the group. Then discuss what you wish to do in the morning. Kind of like posting a combat action decide what you wish to do and where you wish to do it. And then we will make a roll and I will post the results. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases