Help create an original Dark Fantasy Campaign Setting

patha787

First Post
To all creative minds,

I have recently resumed work on an original ("homebrew") Dark Fantasy Campaign Setting, which I intend to serve as the backdrop for d20 OGL campaigns, fiction writing and so on. The goal is to make something richly detailed and immersive and original, and yet retain a sense of familiarity. The focus is more on the setting itself than any game mechanics, though we will likely be incorporating d20 OGL content.

If you're unsure of what "Dark Fantasy" entails, I recommend the amusing (and quite accurate) summation here: Dark Fantasy - Television Tropes & Idioms

I've been working with a team of like-minded individuals brainstorming ideas, and I'm on the lookout for more. I'm interested with working with people from all kinds of backgrounds and with all kinds of influences. If you're interested and feel like you're up to the task, please PM me and we can discuss it further.

patha787

First Post
Thanks - we're always looking for new sources of inspiration.

I think I should also point out that we're trying to keep an air of familiarity about our campaign setting, while still trying to be original. Therefore, it's probably more apt to say our setting will be a heroic fantasy/low fantasy setting with dark fantasy elements.

I should also clarify - this is not merely home-brewing a campaign setting for a game I'm DMing. The goal is to create a setting which could be used for such a purpose, but also for fiction writing (my intended use) and whatever other purposes people desire. The plan is to create something entirely our own from scratch, though as I said, we have a multitude of influences.

Our group is here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/realmsofdarkfantasy/

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases