Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
I actually pictured him as a celestial magical with above animal intelligence. I took the mounted combat feat epically to increase his climb and jump abilities.

May I change the feat outside of a level-up?

Insight

Adventurer
I actually pictured him as a celestial magical with above animal intelligence. I took the mounted combat feat epically to increase his climb and jump abilities.

May I change the feat outside of a level-up?

Actually, I just re-read your RG entry and the feat you took. BTW, where is the writeup for that Celestial Battle Tiger? It's not in the Compendium that I can find.

I've changed my mind about the tiger's capabilities. Since it's not really a tiger but a magical creature that looks like a tiger, I am going to allow it to act in ways that normal tigers wouldn't. Heck, I'm not sure you could even get a normal tiger to let you ride it for very long!

I think, however, that the tiger cannot climb the side of the building with Adam riding him. I'm taking that +10 to Acrobatics and Athletics to be mostly "jumping", which is certainly reasonable while mounted (I guess "swimming" would also be reasonable). I could also envision the tiger climbing non-vertical surfaces, such as rubbles and rocks, with Adam riding him.

You could have the tiger try to jump through the window (Adam would have to duck at the appropriate moment or get knocked off the tiger -- the window isn't tall enough) or climb the side of the building without Adam.

Walking Dad

First Post
Actually, I just re-read your RG entry and the feat you took. BTW, where is the writeup for that Celestial Battle Tiger? It's not in the Compendium that I can find.
Dragon 393. Should be either under powers or class features.

You could have the tiger try to jump through the window (Adam would have to duck at the appropriate moment or get knocked off the tiger -- the window isn't tall enough) or climb the side of the building without Adam.
If the tiger cannot really fight inside because of the space, I don't need him inside.
Could I roll athletics for it and then fluff it as jumping high, holding shortly on he wall besides the widow frame until Adam can enter and then return to the celestial plane?

Insight

Adventurer
If the tiger cannot really fight inside because of the space, I don't need him inside.
Could I roll athletics for it and then fluff it as jumping high, holding shortly on he wall besides the widow frame until Adam can enter and then return to the celestial plane?

That sounds fine.

Insight

Adventurer
Hello all,

I've been unexpectedly away for the past five days. I'll try to catch up today and over the weekend as warranted.

Insight

Adventurer
Actually, I'm not sure about this game. I asked for Initiative rolls from Adam, Astra, and Vrashek on Nov 11th and have only gotten a roll from WD for Adam. Two weeks is plenty of time for you guys to respond. I am becoming concerned about player interest.

I know this is a holiday weekend in the States, so I am willing to give it a few more days. If I don't see any more interest by the end of the month, I am going to shut this down.

I don't want to waste anyone's time, least of all, mine.

Leif

Adventurer
If I may, Insight ---

PLEASE don't shut the game down! Vrashek (Rhun) and Astra (Shayuri) are both played by ENWorlders who understand the demands of DMing and could and would doubtless accept DM-rolled intiative in a case like this without batting an eye. Your impatience is totally understandable, though, so just roll initiative for them and proceed.

Rhun, Shayuri, ordinarily, I do not advocate the hostile takeover of PCs by the DM. However, in this case where I have a character of whom I have grown immensely fond, I find that it really would not bother me at all if Insight rolled initiative for your characters this once. :eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases