Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Insight

Adventurer
All right, folks. I posted in the IC 8 days ago, giving you guys an opportunity to do something to complete this part of the game, and NO ONE has responded.

Are you guys still interested in continuing this game?

Walking Dad

First Post
I don't know what to do (IC & OOC). My last post was a question that was unanswered, wasting a natural 20.

This deception route isn't the forte of Adam.

Rhun

First Post
As posted in the IC, Vrashek is already engaged in keeping the nobles from getting suspicious, so there is nothing for him to do here. Otherwise, he would take the lead in going into the room Questor just opened and retrieving the black & orange map-vase.

I'm not sure why everyone is confused as to what to do here. Our objective seems pretty straight forward.

Insight

Adventurer
Your characters know what you're looking for - an urn or jar painted black and orange - which was described as being in the map chamber. You guys can either take it or not... although getting it was kinda the point of the skill challenge.

How you get it out of the noble's house is up to you.

Shayuri

First Post
seems to me the best route would be for the folks outside to provide some kind of distraction (ideally one that won't get us killed/arrested) so that someone inside can get the urn out.

Alternatively, you could find the map inside the urn and try to break it, quietly, so that we're only taking the piece we need. Smaller. Easier to hide.

Rhun

First Post
seems to me the best route would be for the folks outside to provide some kind of distraction (ideally one that won't get us killed/arrested) so that someone inside can get the urn out.

Vrashek is already handling this. We just need someone to actually grab the urn and make off with it (or the required pieces of it, as necessary).

Leif

Adventurer
Rhun is totally correct -- Vrashek has the distraction going and Questor has the door to the vase held open. The rest of you please get the vase and get it out of here. I'm assuming that if you smash the vase you'll have some magical way to reassemble it? Otherwise, smashing the goal of our whole operation here will smear egg on all our faces, no?

Walking Dad

First Post
I actually don't know where Adam is, as my question was never answered... I don't think he followed in as he tried to use his skills outside.

Leif

Adventurer
Post 817 in the IC says:

OOC: All right. In the interests of moving things along, let's assume that Questor and Vrashek manage to find themselves at a small party for nobles that seem to be of the type that might run around Specularum with this fake name.

Questor and Vrashek find themselves in the large, voluptuously decorated parlor of one LORD VANDOLYN PARRISH and his wife, the very inebriated LADY WANDY PARRISH. This pair is known for their collection of rare maps and relics.

Also in attendance are:
* the notoriously syncophantic halfling, PAULUS DAYL (a friend of Questor's and his ticket into this gathering)
* the half-elven dandy, PHYRRUS TAILE
* a female art collector, COREINA NADOUL
* and an old academic, PROFESSOR JORS UPLIN

Feel free to mingle!
It is my firm belief that Insight intends for ALL PCs to be present at this gathering.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases