Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
For linking w/ Skaros, here's some info I shared w/ Insight.[sblock=BG]I see Skaros as from the Principalities of Glantri. He is the last of a long disgraced princely line that performed heretical research even by Glantri standards; as such, he has fought of assassins and misinformed do-gooders that seek to end it. He is a bit decadent but very honorable.

Due to the infamy that surrounds his line, he tends to keep away from high Glantri society, and probably travels often—he has a curiosity of the world. During his travels he was set upon by would be assassins, only to have them driven off by someone. Skaros swore to serve as his protector for a year in exchange. The person who saved Skaros is either one of the PCs or some random NPC. We'll call them "the Mage" for now.

Almost 1 Year Ago: On the border between Glantri and Darokin, Skaros is set upon by assassins. He is saved by the Mage and promises his service.

9 months ago: The mage and Skaros investigate ruins of a former academy of enchantment. It was thought destroyed by fire; turns out that the associate headmaster had opened a gate to the Hells in order to usurp control—it ended badly for everyone. The ruins contain some lost threads of enchantment magic, but also infernal monstrosities trapped in the Academy's destruction. Skaros' knowledge of the infernal plane assisted in their survival.

6 months ago: On the trail of a supposed survivor of the doomed academy, the mage and Skaros are caught up in the intrigues of aristocrats in the kingdom of Ierendi. Apparently a cabal of merchants were going to use aspects of the infernal ritual from the academy in order to dominate trade. After succesffuly infiltrating the cabal, the two adventurers managed to interrupt the ritual in media res underneath the Grand Courthouse of that city.

3 months ago: Having left Ierendi quickly, the two find themselves in Specularum. The mage was doing research on other possible survivors of the academy (one supposedly having fled south to the Duchy) when a necromantic plague hit the city. The mage set to finding the cause, and Skaros went to protect him. In a run down shrine of Pelor, they found their answer: A fallen priest whose ritual to bring his daughter back from death when horribly wrong. Putting down the undead-thing and destroying the tainted ritual book ended the disaster. [this is a good place to have met the other party members]

Nowish: Finding nothing but dead ends on survivors of the academy, the mage decides the matter to be closed. It was then they found the mysterious scroll that promised treasure...[/sblock]I think this works best with [MENTION=5478]JustKim[/MENTION] character, though it might w/ Dave's.

Vertexx69

First Post
Oh well, once you have killed or scared off a couple, I'm around. just PM me. Congrats to those who were chosen, don't forget your other games just because of a shiny new one.

JustKim

First Post
Since my character is a slave, I might not be able to provide the link you're looking for. Here's an idea though.

What if Nafije's master (a Thyatian wizard) took an interest in the research of Skaros' family and sends Nafije whenever Skaros needs help? From the master's perspective, Nafije is expendable and well suited to get information out of someone. But Nafije doesn't share the master's goals, and she does a suspiciously poor job of prying information out of Skaros.

I should tell you that Nafije is likely to be conflicted about fire magic and trafficking with fiends, as a follower of Al-Kalim. If you want that kind of tension, cool!

Leif

Adventurer
If anyone is looking to link up histories, here are some possible ways your characters might know Cassi
  • Your character lives in the city of Darokin and socializes in the same circles a magic item crafter or broker would
Dave (may I call you "Dave," and, indeed, is that even your name?), I'd like to tie-in my Halfling-Sorcerer-to-be-named-later with the idea above, if that's ok with you. We can flesh out the details of their association a bit later, I guess.

Ummm, Sorcerers can take item creation feats, can't they? I guess my Halfling might well have learned the Brew Potion feat at least, just to help provide the cash that his relocation to the city would have required?

And does anyone else have a question about why Insight chose to make this a rastafarian campaign?
["Ailse of Dread" = "I love dred" ????]

Last edited:

Almightyfoon

First Post
Here's some information on Barook.

Hailing originally from the Empire of Thyatis, Barook moved to the Minothrad Guilds looking for work and to escape some unsavory fellow's that are after him. His hobbies include underground fighting rings, bar fights, and any opportunity for him to generally beat the tar out of uppity folks. He's short tempered, even for a half-orc, and has hopes of heading up to Vestland and its surrounding territories to enjoy a culture that fits his own personality. To save up for the journey he's been working as a freelance debt collector for some of the Merchant guild's. He saved some, but most of his pay goes to the local taverns in one way or another. Truth be told, he's very much a city orc, he knows that he's a big shot among pasty human's and elves, but deep down he fear's being whalloped by the fighting men of Vestland. He's turned to adventuring lately as a quicker source of income and as a way to test his skills.

drothgery

First Post
Dave (may I call you "Dave," and, indeed, is that even your name?),

Yeah. I'm Dave Rothgery, hence the username of drothgery.

I'd like to tie-in my Halfling-Sorcerer-to-be-named-later with the idea above, if that's ok with you. We can flesh out the details of their association a bit later, I guess.

Go for it.

Ummm, Sorcerers can take item creation feats, can't they? I guess my Halfling might well have learned the Brew Potion feat at least, just to help provide the cash that his relocation to the city would have required?

There aren't really item creation feats in 4e (though there are some feats that help reduce crafting costs). Sorcerers (and anyone else) can take Ritual Caster and learn the Enchant Magic Item and Brew Potion Rituals. Artificers, non-Essentials Wizards, and some other classes (but not Sorcerers) get the Ritual Caster feat for free. Cassi knows all the item creation-related rituals a 6th level character can know (unless I missed one).

Insight

Adventurer
Hey Insight, quick question. I've got a Flask of the Dragon's Breath, and it doesn't have a defense listed for its attack. I'm assuming it would be hitting Reflex. Can I get a call on this?

My character builder is kinda outdated, and my DDI sub is long since expired, source is dragon 365.

They never updated it in the Compendium, either :(

We'll go with Reflex, since that's what most dragon breaths attack.

Walking Dad

First Post
[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] :
Shall we link character backgrounds?
You play an elf/half-elf and my character was raised by elves.

If Shay goes beastmaster ranger, we are also the three character who come with a companion (I'm not sure if the arcane others will get Familiars).

When we add some summons, maps could get pretty crowded quickly.

[MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION] :
1.) Riding my character is effectively a large creature. Will his defender aura will be 1 sq around the tiger, right?
2.) Non-magic equipment (armor, weapons, adventurer's kit, ...) is free, right?

Insight

Adventurer
[MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION] :
1.) Riding my character is effectively a large creature. Will his defender aura will be 1 sq around the tiger, right?
2.) Non-magic equipment (armor, weapons, adventurer's kit, ...) is free, right?

1. Not sure. I will need to see how the defender aura is worded in the Cavalier write-up.

2. Yes, anything with a unit cost of less than 30gp is considered "free". Everything else will need to be purchased.

Note: For those of you asking about ritual components, set aside x amount of gp for Residuum. That should cover it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases