Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

JustKim

First Post
3. You are are known as heroes to whatever locality you call home or wherever you have adventured. Your character is at least somewhat respected by those who know him or her. None of you are "anti-heroes" or "lone wolves".
Nafije is a True Believer and upstanding citizen in Ylaruam, where she fell in with a small band of desert riders. During a border skirmish with Thyatis, the riders were driven deep into the desert and Nafije and other camp followers were claimed as slaves of Thyatis. This course of events is meant to excise her from Ylaruam and give her a reason to travel. Remaining a slave is meant to illustrate a person who follows tradition and suffers setbacks with dignity. I also thought it would be cool to be seeking treasure in order to buy her freedom, as opposed to ale and whores and +2 backscratchers. I don't intend to make her a lone wolf! ;)

Here's what I have so far for linking Nafije to your various characters-

Cassi: Nafije's master did business with Mikel and Cassi, and always sent Nafije to meet with them. Nafije would come and see them every few weeks during the summer and spring, catch up on what's been happening in Darokin and despondently take news on Ylaruam. I think that eventually Nafije was entertaining Cassi's kids with her yellow-and-blue macaw, Goldie, and reading stories to them, but that's up to you!

Barook: Depending on how long ago Barook left Thyatis, we may have met there when Nafije was first enslaved. I think Nafije and Barook may have faced the same sort of prejudices, and Nafije may have been there as a friend.

Swords of Darokin: It sounds like the Swords are becoming an old group with a rotating membership. How about if, 30 or so years ago, Nafije's master was one of the Swords of Darokin? The master no longer has time for his old friends, and most of those men have retired or perished, but the master corresponds with the Swords via Nafije (who's starting to wear out her shoes at this point), and sometimes spares her to help them.

Almightyfoon

First Post
Barook: Depending on how long ago Barook left Thyatis, we may have met there when Nafije was first enslaved. I think Nafije and Barook may have faced the same sort of prejudices, and Nafije may have been there as a friend.

That works for me, Barook left Thyatis 'recently', I can stretch that to whatever amount of time it needs to be as it doesn't sound like Nafije started all that long ago in her quest for freedom.

drothgery

First Post
Cassi: Nafije's master did business with Mikel and Cassi, and always sent Nafije to meet with them. Nafije would come and see them every few weeks during the summer and spring, catch up on what's been happening in Darokin and despondently take news on Ylaruam. I think that eventually Nafije was entertaining Cassi's kids with her yellow-and-blue macaw, Goldie, and reading stories to them, but that's up to you!

Works for me. And seems amusing.

"Daddy, you're an enchanter like Aunt Nafije, why don't you have a talking bird?"

"It's complicated, son."

Rhun

First Post
Swords of Darokin: It sounds like the Swords are becoming an old group with a rotating membership. How about if, 30 or so years ago, Nafije's master was one of the Swords of Darokin? The master no longer has time for his old friends, and most of those men have retired or perished, but the master corresponds with the Swords via Nafije (who's starting to wear out her shoes at this point), and sometimes spares her to help them.

I like it.

Insight

Adventurer
The IC thread is now open for business.

The first part of this adventure is a skill challenge. No posting actual skill checks until your character is finalized and posted to the RG thread!

At the moment, the only completed characters I see in the RG thread are those belonging to JustKim, stonegod, drothgery, and Walking Dad. I'll update the list once I see more completed characters.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I figure my elf came to Specularum to visit someone in the Elvenguard. She joined the adventuring company shortly afterwards instead of returning to Alfheim.

Who's our half-elf? It might be interesting if they were related. Half brother or sister, maybe? :) Or perhaps you've an elven relative in Elvenguard, whom she came to visit...
Your character's parents could also be related to my character's foster parents.

Walking Dad

First Post
Adam's mechanics are finished in the RG.

May add some spoiler-blocks for more complete description of features and powers (similar to the living world sheets or what I have done on Malkyr's sheet in scotley's game) later, but no more changes unless requested by the DM.

Walking Dad

First Post
I look at my character in the RG and I'm not impressed. He deals the least damage, has only medium health and healing surges, only slightly above average defenses.
I hope he will be at least be a bit mechanical useful :(
Looks like he will need to be more defended than the rest of you...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases