Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

renau1g

First Post
Just a quick note, Thalen was just a placeholder as I copied from my LEB PC the ministats. The new name is Keharn. Thanks.

My at-will should be 1d12+1d6+6 for Keharn's Tending Strike +4 thp's too (as en effect). So around 16 or so for Keharn & 14.5 for the bear. The bear would likely take any OA's though instead of Keharn as his MBA is much less effective.

Hey, that's cool, I've got the most hp, although I did take Toughness as it helps out me and the bear, and a summons.

renau1g

First Post
Oh, here's a cute picture of Bjarn the bear, holding the Vellum sheets in his mouth

cute-little-polar-bear-01.jpg

Insight

Adventurer
That bear is far too cute to be useful in combat, but maybe it would have an aura that causes enemies to grant combat advantage as they stop fighting to pet it.

renau1g

First Post
Fine...a more appropriate bear pic (Kermode bear, aka Spirit Bears to some natives), well unless the baby bear can do psychic daamge from being sooooo.....cute ;)

eric-baccega-kermode-spirit-bear-white-morph-of-black-bear-princess-royal-island-british-columbia-canada.jpg

Shayuri

First Post
Could I get a pause or a slowdown or...I dunno! The whole game's racing by without me here!

I'm confused on timeline too. Have we all been adventuring together already?

A story for my character is coming, but it's just not as QUICK as you guys! Creatively, I'm spread kind of thin right now. And so far I haven't seen much from the folks who want to connect backgrounds with other than "our folks know each other."

Admittedly, I haven't produced anything for them to work with either.

I'm just dismayed and frustrated to see all these RP moments blitz past before I've even selected a name for my character! :(

renau1g

First Post
Shay - I like the idea of being a half-brother to your PC. Being a ranger and druid we would work well together from a background perspective. I see Keharn as living amongst the elves for most of his life, likely with your PC. Actually, a cool hook might be my PC training under yours, but having a less martial bend (although still capable with the staff) and a bit stronger connection to nature. As the elves live far longer than half-elves my PC is likely far younger then yours as well. I could see Keharn as the catalyst to get us into an adventuring party, as he is not quite ready to return to the more quiet, slower life of the elves after seeing the frenetic pace of life humans lead (relative of course). I see us from Alfheim (of course ;)).

I see the group at least completing their last adventure together, probably at least a few, else we would have little reason to get together, especially as the hook is we found the notes from our last adventure together.

The other option could be that your PC is a relation of mine, but only recently came to visit and when I heard about this Isle of Dread I could send a runner to retrieve you knowing your characters knack for survival in the wild, and skill with the bow. I still could've learned all I know from your PC.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
First of all, thank you Renau...my angst recedes. :)

Your notions have created notions of my own. Let us see where this leads.

Let us say we share the same mother, an elfmaid of Alfheim. Astrad, my character, is her firstborn, with another elf, a good 85-90 years ago. They were together for a time, then grew apart as elves often do. Our mother then became curious about the outside world and went into the lands of humans. That's where your father comes into the picture.

In my head, their affair was a brief, intense thing, and she left to retun to Alfheim shortly afterwards. She gave birth to her half-elf child...and a very difficult and painful birth it was.

Although my character 'big sissed' you and helped take care of you, we went separate paths as we grew. Astrad was more physically oriented, preferring to 'study' nature by experiencing it directly. Keharn was more thoughtful and philosophical, and studied with druids and shamen. Parallel courses through life; separate but equal.

Now as for what brought them out of Alfheim...what do you think about wanting to meet your father? And Astrad could use the notion of trying out for Elvenguard as an excuse to go with.

Not sure where our elf-raised human fits into this...but there's room for fitting him in if he's interested.

Rhun

First Post
Could I get a pause or a slowdown or...I dunno! The whole game's racing by without me here!

The funny thing is (assuming this follows the typical PbP standard) that in 6 months, after all the excitement of the game dies off, it will be like pulling teeth to get players to post their actions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases