Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

JustKim

First Post
Isle of Dread is like my favorite adventure. I wouldn't mind playing it again.

1. Whether or not you ever played the original module (not a deterrent if you have).
I've played Isle of Dread around 6 times and run it myself twice, most recently with a 4E conversion. But you can trust me to keep player and PC knowledge separate.
I'm also very familiar with Mystara itself, having played in the setting throughout BECMI and several years of 2E, and revisited it recently for my own 4E game. But you can trust me not to be a stickler for canon. :)

2. Your experience with 4th edition (not a BIG deterrent if you haven't)
I've been running my own 4E game since Keep on the Shadowfell and played in about a dozen other games in that time. Lots of experience there.

3. What Race and Class you'd be interested in playing (see character creation, below).
I'm interested in playing a Ylari human. I could be a controller (wizard or mage), or a striker if somehow you need one (thief or avenger, a shadowy type).

Insight

Adventurer
1) No
2) Lots, judge in LEB
3) How about a tiefling hexblade?

Tiefling is too "monstery" for me for this game. Hexblade is fine. Warlock in general is a tad borderline, but I suppose one would be OK. You and Vertexx can duel to the death (IRL) for it :lol:

Insight

Adventurer
I'd like to try the other striker role with a dwarven warlock or monk if that's ok. I can play whichever role Shay doesn't take :p

Psionic is out, so Monk is out.

HOWEVER

Monk isn't terribly Psionic in nature and did exist back in the day

THEREFORE

A Monk might be allowed if you reeeeeeeeally want one.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tiefling is too "monstery" for me for this game. Hexblade is fine. Warlock in general is a tad borderline, but I suppose one would be OK. You and Vertexx can duel to the death (IRL) for it :lol:
Just pretend he's human with funky fire powers!

And I posted first. :p

Insight

Adventurer
Isle of Dread is like my favorite adventure. I wouldn't mind playing it again.

Yay! Good to hear.

I haven't seen you around these boards before. Nice to see a new face now and then!

I'm also very familiar with Mystara itself, having played in the setting throughout BECMI and several years of 2E, and revisited it recently for my own 4E game. But you can trust me not to be a stickler for canon. :)

I don't know how much of Mystara is going to make it into this game, especially considering the confines of the adventure. It will factor into the character backgrounds and that may be it. We'll see.

3. What Race and Class you'd be interested in playing (see character creation, below).
I'm interested in playing a Ylari human. I could be a controller (wizard or mage), or a striker if somehow you need one (thief or avenger, a shadowy type).

Any role is open at this time. If you guys figure out amongst yourselves what roles you want, it makes it much easier for me to put a group together.

Rhun

First Post
Interested.

1. Yes, and I own it
2. Almost nil (Scotley's Swashbuckling game only, which has barely started)
3. No clue at this point really. What is the easiest class to play?

Vertexx69

First Post
Psionic is out, so Monk is out.

HOWEVER

Monk isn't terribly Psionic in nature and did exist back in the day

THEREFORE

A Monk might be allowed if you reeeeeeeeally want one.
I've always played my monks as mentally disciplined as opposed to psychic, but a deva avenger (skinned as a blond haired blue eyed girl named Angel) could be interesting. :)

Last edited:

JustKim

First Post
I don't know how much of Mystara is going to make it into this game, especially considering the confines of the adventure. It will factor into the character backgrounds and that may be it. We'll see.
Oh, sure. I wasn't expecting anything more than that. It's nice just having the setting there for my background.

Any role is open at this time. If you guys figure out amongst yourselves what roles you want, it makes it much easier for me to put a group together.
Right! Let's say controller, mage or wizard.

pathfinderq1

First Post
I'd be interested in getting in on this as well, if there is still room. I won't be around much this weekend so my character building will be a bit slow, however. As far as the questions go:

1. The cover seems sort of familiar. It is possible that I played through it years ago, but I don't really remember for sure. Was this the module with the rakasta in it?
2. Reasonably experienced in 4e- in one tt campaign and in Living 4e and Living Eberron 4e here on ENworld.
3. Several possibilities (More ideas than opportunities to play them), mostly Martial and/or Primal. Top contenders are: Elf whirling Barbarian, Human hybrid Warlord|Fighter (tempest), Goliath (half-giant or half-ogre?)hybrid Barbarian|Warden, Eladrin TacLord

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases