Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Leif

Adventurer
Dave has the gist of it. Essentially, the math assumes you already have a enchanted weapon; the "math fix" addresses the discrepancy between your attack value with that bonus and monster defense. The Expertise line of feats is meant to close that gap. This is the reason Living Eberron/Living ENWorld give a +1 atk bonus at certain levels.

You stated having a +2 weapon allows you to avoid that issue; I just want you to know that it does not. I am not telling you to change anything; I just want you to know (and knowing is half the battle TM).
Ok, thanks. I freely admit to knowing NOTHING that's in any of the Essentials books. My 4E knowledge comes from the hardcover books, and was limited even at that. So now I'm not only limited, I'm totally outdated! :p
Hm. How are you doing 2 dice of damage with at-wills outside of Epic levels?
I was going to ask the same.
Um, yeah, mistake there, was reading the wrong line.
2d10+6 -> Not sure about the 2d10, but +6 looks rather low for a chaos sorcerer. They add (at least) Cha mod (4) + Dex mod (3) + Enhancement bonus dagger (2) = 9
I add Cha AND Dex??? Party time!
I just generated Q in the CB, and noted several things:
- You still have 1000gp to spend as a 6th level character
- there is no at-will power at your level that gives 2dX (at Epic, yes).
- And, yes, his Dex bonus isn't added to any of those damage (should be +9 all told).
I'm attaching the PDF for reference.
Thanks. See above about the +2 dice thing. eesh, and I thought I knew what I was doing!

Leif

Adventurer
Stonegod

Ok, got the .pdf saved. Nifty 4E sheet! Must be a DND Insider thing, huh?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Ok, thanks. I freely admit to knowing NOTHING that's in any of the Essentials books. My 4E knowledge comes from the hardcover books, and was limited even at that. So now I'm not only limited, I'm totally outdated! :p

The original Weapon Expertise and Implement Expertise feats were in PH2 (though they've been errata'd since then). Versatile Expertise (which lets you pick one weapon and one implement and get expertise bonuses to them with both weapon and implement powers) and Superior Implement Training are in PH3. The new weapon (and implement) specific expertise feats (which are better in most cases, because they improve at levels 11 and 21 instead of 15 and 25, and have side effect bonuses) are in the Essentials books, but some types of weapons and imlements (and especially, non-staff weapons as implments) don't have a new-style expertise feat yet.

Leif

Adventurer
The original Weapon Expertise and Implement Expertise feats were in PH2 (though they've been errata'd since then). Versatile Expertise (which lets you pick one weapon and one implement and get expertise bonuses to them with both weapon and implement powers) and Superior Implement Training are in PH3. The new weapon (and implement) specific expertise feats (which are better in most cases, because they improve at levels 11 and 21 instead of 15 and 25, and have side effect bonuses) are in the Essentials books, but some types of weapons and imlements (and especially, non-staff weapons as implments) don't have a new-style expertise feat yet.
Um, yeah, I never bothered to read PH2 or PH3 as I figured there was nothing in them worth reading. :eek:
Except for the new classes and races, that is, and I just skimmed over even that part of PH3, since it's almost all psionic junk. :p
Sadly, I can't edit a .pdf. Guess I'll have to manually copy it into an OpenOffice file. :-S

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
And I probably won't have it done before tomorrow night at the earliest. It is my birthday today, and I've got a busy day/night planned. :)

And I failed at getting my PC completed last night. The worst part about aging is that it seems my hangovers get worse. :)

Insight

Adventurer
And I failed at getting my PC completed last night. The worst part about aging is that it seems my hangovers get worse. :)

It's fine. Just post it when you can.

BTW, you and Leif can post in the IC now; you don't need to wait to get your characters done. The only thing you guys can't do is make skill checks pertaining to the current skill challenge until your characters are posted. You can still interact with NPCs, the other PCs, and so forth.

Rhun

First Post
It's fine. Just post it when you can.

BTW, you and Leif can post in the IC now; you don't need to wait to get your characters done. The only thing you guys can't do is make skill checks pertaining to the current skill challenge until your characters are posted. You can still interact with NPCs, the other PCs, and so forth.

Cool, thanks Insight. I know there are about 3 pages of IC posts already, so I'll try to get caught up. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases