Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leif, send me the character and/or idea of the character so I don't have to sift through the thread. I think you have my mail.

Rhun, replace Weapon Focus with something else (not sure what yet, but still) - +1 to damage is simply not comparable to let's say resonating dagger superior implement

Walking Dad

First Post
Leif, send me the character and/or idea of the character so I don't have to sift through the thread. I think you have my mail.

Rhun, replace Weapon Focus with something else (not sure what yet, but still) - +1 to damage is simply not comparable to let's say resonating dagger superior implement
Aren't superior implement bonuses only working when you use them as implements?

I would suggest either Weapon Proficiency rapier (higher damage, but a liitle less accurate, opens up the use of the Red Cloak style feat) or the spiked chain multi-class feat (makes the spiked chain a light blade in your hand and optionally a double weapon; you also gain proficiency in it, of course).

Leif

Adventurer
Aren't superior implement bonuses only working when you use them as implements?
Yes, but note that the Sorcerer gains a dagger's magical enhancement bonus to its use both as a weapon and implement. See p 137 of PH2. ;)
I do have your email Neurotic One, but look in the RG and you'l find Questor in all his glory. :D I tried to fix everything. The things that are not fixed were conscious choices made by me.

Rhun

First Post

Let me look into this, then. I was just going of the Rogue's Guide, and it indicated Weapon Focus was a good feat.

I would suggest either Weapon Proficiency rapier (higher damage, but a liitle less accurate, opens up the use of the Red Cloak style feat) or the spiked chain multi-class feat (makes the spiked chain a light blade in your hand and optionally a double weapon; you also gain proficiency in it, of course).

I could conceivably do one of these, but again...the Rogue's Guide was indicating that both of these were less effective paths than dagger. Let me look into them a little deeper. My knowledge of 4E just isn't enough that I know what most of this stuff is without looking it up.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Or croatian. Or essentially any other (semi)democratic society that limits 'personal freedom' to carry guns. Which in turns translates into much less killing in the streets then in USA (apology to the citizen of the states, but that's the perception of Europe)

Rhun, it essentially boils down to feat not being worth only +1 to damage

Leif, will do.

Scotley

Hero
Would a Minotaur Seeker from the Grand Duchy of Karameikos be too monstery for this game? If so I'll just go human. Either way, I think Seeker will round out the group nicely. I can add to Insight and maybe Healing which are some of our weaker skills as a group.

Rhun

First Post
Or croatian. Or essentially any other (semi)democratic society that limits 'personal freedom' to carry guns. Which in turns translates into much less killing in the streets then in USA (apology to the citizen of the states, but that's the perception of Europe.

A mis-perception to be sure. Most firearms used to commit crimes in the United States are NOT legally owned weapons. Additionally, the number of crimes prevented by legally owned weapons is never reported by the media, since it doesn't make for good news.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that legal purchased weapons don't ever get used in crimes. I'm just saying that it is a fraction of the European perception you mentioned.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases