Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Insight

Adventurer
Would a Minotaur Seeker from the Grand Duchy of Karameikos be too monstery for this game? If so I'll just go human. Either way, I think Seeker will round out the group nicely. I can add to Insight and maybe Healing which are some of our weaker skills as a group.

No Minitaurs, sorry. Definitely too "monstery" for this game. I do like Minitaurs, though, just not for this.

renau1g

First Post
A mis-perception to be sure. Most firearms used to commit crimes in the United States are NOT legally owned weapons. Additionally, the number of crimes prevented by legally owned weapons is never reported by the media, since it doesn't make for good news.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that legal purchased weapons don't ever get used in crimes. I'm just saying that it is a fraction of the European perception you mentioned.

Ack! This is straying into almost political territory. As much as I'd love to debate gun control laws, their effect on crime, and various other topics surrounding this issue, we probably are best not to. Don't want to get into trouble and all that...

Rhun

First Post
Ack! This is straying into almost political territory. As much as I'd love to debate gun control laws, their effect on crime, and various other topics surrounding this issue, we probably are best not to. Don't want to get into trouble and all that...

No worries, I know better than to get too involved. I just debated it a lot when I was in college. :D

Insight

Adventurer

And especially not HERE, guys! Isn't there one BS thread in "Talking the Talk" already?

Leif

Adventurer
Would a Minotaur Seeker from the Grand Duchy of Karameikos be too monstery for this game?
What is it with minotaur pcs? I thought WD was the only weirdo who wants to go around head-butting stuff. :-S ;)

If so I'll just go human. Either way, I think Seeker will round out the group nicely. I can add to Insight and maybe Healing which are some of our weaker skills as a group.
If you add Insight, does that mean you're automatically an assistant DM? :D

Insight

Adventurer
What is it with minotaur pcs? I thought WD was the only weirdo who wants to go around head-butting stuff. :-S ;)

I ran a Minitaur* Runepriest for a while. It was fun. Pretty good combo, actually.

* I should probably explain that I spell them "minitaur" to protest them shrinking from a large size creature in prior editions to a medium size creature in 4th ed.

If you add Insight, does that mean you're automatically an assistant DM? :D

I think Scotley has his hands full with his own game!

renau1g

First Post
* I should probably explain that I spell them "minitaur" to protest them shrinking from a large size creature in prior editions to a medium size creature in 4th ed.

They were medium sized in 3e too...well on Krynn with the Dragonlance supplement...I enjoy that setting.

Remove ads