Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Rhun

First Post
They were medium sized in 3e too...well on Krynn with the Dragonlance supplement...I enjoy that setting.

I'm pretty sure that the Krynn Minotaur being M is a holdover from AD&D, though...when they were also size M. :) The regular Minotaur has always been size L.

Insight

Adventurer
BTW, I am slowing the action down slightly so that the slower people among us can keep up with what's going on. Please don't take it that I'm not following along or anything; I could easily keep up this pace and go faster if I wanted to do so.

Almightyfoon

First Post
So a serious question, table as an improvised weapon with a larger dice size than d4. I just have this image of Barook hitting someone with their own table as the start to a bar fight, and I can't seem to banish it from my mind. If you call shenanigans, I'll stop thinking about it.

Insight

Adventurer
So a serious question, table as an improvised weapon with a larger dice size than d4. I just have this image of Barook hitting someone with their own table as the start to a bar fight, and I can't seem to banish it from my mind. If you call shenanigans, I'll stop thinking about it.

I'm not sure a table would do a TON more damage. Remember, most folks have 1 hp. I could see maybe scaling it to 1d6. Also, how big of a table are we talking about? Anything bigger than a coffee table is going to be too unwieldy to use in combat.

BTW, you could, in lieu of damage, use a table to bull rush someone, or maybe trap them under it (I'm thinking of your flipping the table idea).

Be creative!

drothgery

First Post
I'm not sure a table would do a TON more damage. Remember, most folks have 1 hp. I could see maybe scaling it to 1d6. Also, how big of a table are we talking about? Anything bigger than a coffee table is going to be too unwieldy to use in combat.

BTW, you could, in lieu of damage, use a table to bull rush someone, or maybe trap them under it (I'm thinking of your flipping the table idea).

Be creative!

Great, now I'm picturing the counter-attack, err, table-attack scene from Steven Brust's [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Guards-Steven-Brust/dp/B003NHR73K/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302218574&sr=1-1"]The Phoenix Guards[/ame]. Fortunately for the Guardsmen, Tazendra was a sorcerer :).

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
BTW, I am slowing the action down slightly so that the slower people among us can keep up with what's going on. Please don't take it that I'm not following along or anything; I could easily keep up this pace and go faster if I wanted to do so.

That's fair. I can normally post a lot during the weekdays when I am at work. Weeknights and weekends my posting generally slows down quite a bit.

Leif

Adventurer
My posting has been horribly slow today. Lots of stuff going on with work, and a fairly involved round of combat to resolve in my 4E game, too. :-S

Rhun

First Post
So guys, before I put the finishing touches on Vrashek...how does a rogue with a spiked chain work? I mean, I realize that I'd have to spend a feat to use that, but I now see that it would work as a light blade, while giving reach and some boosted damage over say a dagger.

What do you guys think?

Remove ads