Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Scotley

Hero
Looks like the only characters we're waiting on getting posted are Rhun's and whatever Scotley decides to make. Leif's may still be a work in progress, so who knows.

With just a little luck I'll have my Human Seeker up by in the morning. He's just about finished mechanically, just have to get a background together.

Hope you are feeling better.

Rhun

First Post
Looks like the only characters we're waiting on getting posted are Rhun's and whatever Scotley decides to make. Leif's may still be a work in progress, so who knows.

Mine is mostly done, just have to get him outfitted with equipment and such. This has just been a busy week. I've got family in town, and tax day is quickly coming up. I may end up with a bunch of time this weekend, so if you can give me a couple more days I'll make sure Vrashek is finished up.

Leif

Adventurer
I think I'm gonna stick with what I have now, actually. ;) CAN'T WAIT TO GET GOING BETTER!
I reviewed Leif's so he has something to think about
Yeah, thanks for that, but I think I'm gonna leave well enough alone. :D

JustKim

First Post
I have a rules question about one of the powers Essentials mages get, Suggestion. Here's the text:

Trigger: You make a Diplomacy check.
Effect: You make an Arcana check instead, using that result to determine the outcome of the Diplomacy check.

When I looked at this, I thought it was probably useless to me, since my Diplomacy is much higher than my Arcana. But someone else said it might be intended as a second chance ability- if you roll Diplomacy and don't like the result, you can ignore it and roll Arcana instead. I can't tell if it is or not. It doesn't really follow the language for second chance abilities, but "you make a diplomacy check" implies to me that you've rolled the dice.

So how does this work? Does it give me a reroll, or do you only use your Arcana modifier in lieu of ever making the Diplomacy roll?

Leif

Adventurer
I'm going to go ahead and roll 1d10 to see the energy type for which Questor has Resist/5 today because of his Wild Soul Class Feature. 2= Resist/5 Cold. :)

I've also done a little more work on Questor and added a description. Embarrassed to say that I had too many feats selected. Guess I thought Sorcerers got Ritual Magic as a class feature like Wizards. :-S I removed Disciplined Wild Soul to make that right.

I think I'm really going to like playing a chaos sorcerer, but so many aspects of Questor are so random that it's going to be a wild ride! Probably for all of us, because some of the chaos powers affect his allies sometimes.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I think I'm really going to like playing a chaos sorcerer, but so many aspects of Questor are so random that it's going to be a wild ride! Probably for all of us, because some of the chaos powers affect his allies sometimes.

I remember way back in the day one of the players in a group I was in played a Chaos Wizard. I can't remember what book it was from...maybe the 2E Forgotten Realms hardcover? Anyway, he did something chaotic that affected out party's fighter. And that was the end of the Chaos Wizard.

Not that we'd ever do that to Questor. ;)

renau1g

First Post
Yeah 2e FR introduced the Wild Magic mage I believe. I played one in Baldur's Gate II, but our DM didn't like them and so I couldn't play one in RL... :(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases