Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

drothgery

First Post
I just copied it from the second post in the IC thread, deleted the characters that left, and added numbers.

We probably will be okay with Cassi as the only leader-role type if you guys are careful and donate surges for Cassi to make into healing infusions when she's out (or has only one).

Leif

Adventurer
This means that we are down a leader and a defender. The leader being gone is the more pressing concern, given the size of the group. Down the road, we may need to look at an alternate healing solution.
We probably will be okay with Cassi as the only leader-role type if you guys are careful and donate surges for Cassi to make into healing infusions when she's out (or has only one).
I thought part of the "charm" of 4E was supposed to be that you didn't necessarily need a cleric to get by? We'll probably be fine if we understand our limitations and know when enough is enough for one day.

Rhun

First Post
I thought part of the "charm" of 4E was supposed to be that you didn't necessarily need a cleric to get by? We'll probably be fine if we understand our limitations and know when enough is enough for one day.

I'm in agreement with Leif. We should do alright, as long as we don't push ourselves too far.

drothgery

First Post
Well, it's not like earlier editions of D&D where no other class could really effectively sub for a cleric; an artificer or bard or warlord or shaman or sentinel druid or ardent works just fine instead of a cleric. But I'd think you could run into problems with one true leader-combat role character for 8 PCs at least in theory. Though artificers, as I mentioned, have a few tricks that might help there.

Leif

Adventurer
Don't forget, Dave, that EVERY character has a certain allotment of healing surges to use. It's just that you can't always use one when you wish to do so. More than one surge per encounter (that one being thanks to 'second wind') may or may not be readily possible depending upon the circumstances, but with a little luck, a favorable ruling from our EXTREMELY UNDERSTANDING DM (ahem!), and maybe a little bit MORE luck, we should be just fine. :-S

Walking Dad

First Post
Actually no. I think the 'charm' were the clearly defined roles and the importance of teamplay. 'No role required' is Gamma World, where everyone can spent second wind as a minor.
Using the standard action is an important issue.

Rhun

First Post
Actually no. I think the 'charm' were the clearly defined roles and the importance of teamplay. 'No role required' is Gamma World, where everyone can spent second wind as a minor.
Using the standard action is an important issue.

I remember old gamma world. That was a fun game. Black Ray Pistol for the win, baby!

Remove ads