Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Leif

Adventurer
From my limited experience with 4E, avg party level seems a bit low for the challenge rating of a decent fight. I usually go more with avg level + 1-2.

Leif

Adventurer
But, since you brought it up, how high can you go and still have a reasonable expectation of having some pc survivors? Avg level +4? +5?

I mean, I figure that if the pcs didn't make any dumb mistakes, you still might get a few casualites even as low as Avg Level +2 or +3, but I don't think that would guarantee a tpk by any means.

Walking Dad

First Post
From my limited experience with 4E, avg party level seems a bit low for the challenge rating of a decent fight. I usually go more with avg level + 1-2.
You don't use the increased monster damage from the later Monster Manual and the Monster Vaults, right?

My characters got killed more often in 4e than 3.5 games on this board...

Leif

Adventurer
You don't use the increased monster damage from the later Monster Manual and the Monster Vaults, right?

My characters got killed more often in 4e than 3.5 games on this board...
Hmm, yeah, guess that might be my problem. The sad thing is that I have the Monster Vault, I just haven't been using it. :erm:

Scotley

Hero
But, since you brought it up, how high can you go and still have a reasonable expectation of having some pc survivors? Avg level +4? +5?

I mean, I figure that if the pcs didn't make any dumb mistakes, you still might get a few casualites even as low as Avg Level +2 or +3, but I don't think that would guarantee a tpk by any means.

My 4e Swashbuckler game is supposed to be experimental. Maybe I'll try an average level +4 fight and see how many survive...

Rhun

First Post
Rhun, Aid Another has a DC of 10, so Vrashek's help got Nafije a +2 right on the dot! At least, I think that's how it works. But you knew that already didn't you Rhun?

Corrected by Stonegod in next post! Thanks, Stoney!

Yep, I was hoping for DC10...but instead, Vrashek fails. His skill checks in this game so far have been abysmal.

Leif

Adventurer
My 4e Swashbuckler game is supposed to be experimental. Maybe I'll try an average level +4 fight and see how many survive...
Yeah, why don't you do that as soon as Manous takes off to go get some fresh polish for his Paladin's knob or something.
Yep, I was hoping for DC10...but instead, Vrashek fails. His skill checks in this game so far have been abysmal.
I'm proud of you for trying anyway. Questor is too chicken to even try, so far.
I use this crib sheet with my older books...
Thanks, I'd print that sucker out if I had a printer cartridge that was worth a da**!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases