Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Scotley

Hero
Hi guys (and gals)

For some reason, the game is lagging again. I need some of the other players to participate in the skill challenge. I don't see that there's any way I can push the action forward at this point.

I scored early success and was trying to give everyone else a shot. My character didn't even have a great list to work from. Come on folks I know you got skills. I will be glad to try an assist in one of my lesser skills if someone else can do the primary.

Leif

Adventurer
My dude has no skills that are even arguably applicable, and he failed miserably on his aid-another attempt, even!

Insight

Adventurer
The skill challenge is not intended to be difficult. Just give it a shot.

Remember that succeeding in a skill challenge is not an auto-win for the adventure or is failing a skill challenge likely to derail things. It just changes what happens next. I don't want people to be afraid to do things just because it might lead to failure.

Shayuri

First Post
As with anything, bad rolls doth make fools of us all. Still, your point is well-taken. Players are a success-obsessed bunch, by and large. The prospect of failing fills us with fear and righteous wrath. :)

Have we started a new 'round'?

Insight

Adventurer
As with anything, bad rolls doth make fools of us all. Still, your point is well-taken. Players are a success-obsessed bunch, by and large. The prospect of failing fills us with fear and righteous wrath. :)

Have we started a new 'round'?

Sure. Anyone who has an idea, go ahead and post.

I'm not really a "by round" sort of DM when it comes to these things. I prefer that everyone participate, but that often leads to players doing really dumb things that make little sense, just to get the "round" moving along.

Leif

Adventurer
Does that mean that Questor can try to 'aid another' again? :D Too bad there's not much call for Cha-based skills this time around.

Scotley

Hero
Just wanted to let you know I'm going on vacation and don't expect to post much if any until Friday night. NPC Geirgrim as needed.

drothgery

First Post
I think I'm going to drop this game. I'm really in too many PBPs again; I added a bunch while I wasn't working very much, and I've really lingered as a rather inactive player outside of combat / skill challenges in too many of them. Sorry. I know Cassi leaving would render the party leader-less, which is half the reason why I haven't left before.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases