Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Insight

Adventurer
As I'm going to be out of town and away from my computer until at least Monday, I just wanted to let you know that I'm putting the game on hold until then. I'll catch up with things when I return.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Tigers don't usually go indoors. Not through regular doors intended for human-sized beings. Certainly not with your character riding the tiger. If you somehow convince the tiger to go inside, the tiger will be in very cramped quarters. I just don't see this being viable.

We can discuss this more in the OOC thread, if you wish.

Fine with not fitting Adam riding the tiger. But in every room we could fight an ogre or other large sized opponent, Adam should be able to fight on the tiger, right?

It has more to do with room height than the size of the door IMHO. (And the tiger still takes 4 sq, as all large creatures.

Insight

Adventurer
Fine with not fitting Adam riding the tiger. But in every room we could fight an ogre or other large sized opponent, Adam should be able to fight on the tiger, right?

It has more to do with room height than the size of the door IMHO. (And the tiger still takes 4 sq, as all large creatures.

Yes, if the room is large enough, certainly large enough to accomodate a large sized opponent, the tiger should be able to fight in there without issue.

One thing I want to do is ensure that your character isn't going to get short-changed during the course of the game. I should point out that I have NEVER played or run a game with a character whose main point was to be mounted. There are times when you will have to get off the tiger. Granted, when you get to the island (IF you guys get to the island :p), there is a ton of open space so it should not be an issue. But not ALL of the action on the island is going to be outdoors. Something to consider.

If your character is not viable off the mount, maybe you should reconsider the concept.

Walking Dad

First Post
The character should still be viable, but I'm not so sure anymore that I should have used one feat to get Mounted Combat for just an athletics and acrobatics bonus.

Could the tiger climb up, Adam goes through the window and then un-summons (dismisses) the cat? So I could get at least the skill bonus once ;)

Insight

Adventurer
The character should still be viable, but I'm not so sure anymore that I should have used one feat to get Mounted Combat for just an athletics and acrobatics bonus.

Could the tiger climb up, Adam goes through the window and then un-summons (dismisses) the cat? So I could get at least the skill bonus once ;)

I can't picture a tiger climbing the side of a building. What I can picture is the tiger forming a sort of ramp to the window (stretching diagonally; its front paws against the side of the building and its back paws on the ground), allowing Adam a DC 0 Athletics to jump from there through the window. Normal tigers would NOT do this, of course, but Adam's is trained, so it can at least do that.

The thing with animals is that they still behave as their type. Unless it is some sort of celestial spirit that just looks like a tiger. My understanding is that Adam's tiger is just a tiger that's trained to fight mounted and so forth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases