Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Leif

Adventurer
You might be able to twist my arm and convince me. I joined a game to play it, but the DM went AWOL during the first battle. So I'd be up for assistant DM'ing as long as you can handle my slow rate of posting these days.
Absolutely! Let me clarify that what I'm talking about here is NOT 4E Steading, etc. but rather the 4E Revenge of the Giants series which is a whole 'nuther animule altogether.
Done. Just an FYI, I don't generally post on the weekends, so I didn't see that Questor had gone until late yesterday.
I posted for Questor out of order, because I got tired of waiting for you. :p Vrashek has a higher initiative than Questor does for this fight.
I can't believe I'm considering playing in another game.
I think we're BOTH kinda nuts!
I already started making 12th level characters :p
I'm not positive that's the proper level, but you may know more about that than I do. In fact, you probably do. I'll check it out soon and let folks know about the recommended Strength O' Party and other fun details so we can: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
Here's the OOC thread from the ill fated game of this adventure. We've already got a couple players from the game showing interest, but you might want to invite the rest. Against the Giants: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief - OOC - EN World: Your Daily RPG Magazine
See my note above, but they were doing 4E AGAINST the Giants, and what I'm talking about is 4E REVENGE of the Giants. Not the same modules at all. Revenge of the Giants was published right at the very beginning of 4E, and it's generally much, much tougher than Against the Giants. See Insight's note that 12th level characters may be recommended. Against the Giants can be done with characters of 8th to 9th level. It involves fighting more and tougher giants, even some titans, and other fun critters if memory serves.
I would even keep the character :)
Unless you want something new, in which case I could offer a hunter (ranger).
Like I said, I'll post something about strength of party and stuff like that soon, but if you've got a character that fits, by all means bring him along! I'm not picky, I'll kill new characters, old characters, ANY characters! :D

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I'm not positive that's the proper level, but you may know more about that than I do. In fact, you probably do. I'll check it out soon and let folks know about the recommended Strength O' Party and other fun details so we can: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

See my note above, but they were doing 4E AGAINST the Giants, and what I'm talking about is 4E REVENGE of the Giants. Not the same modules at all. Revenge of the Giants was published right at the very beginning of 4E, and it's generally much, much tougher than Against the Giants. See Insight's note that 12th level characters may be recommended. Against the Giants can be done with characters of 8th to 9th level. It involves fighting more and tougher giants, even some titans, and other fun critters if memory serves.

Like I said, I'll post something about strength of party and stuff like that soon, but if you've got a character that fits, by all means bring him along! I'm not picky, I'll kill new characters, old characters, ANY characters! :D

I was trying to determine the starting level for characters, so I read only the first page of Revenge (they decided not to publish that information in any of the promotional materials). It says 12th - 18th for the level range (IOW, start at 12th, end at 18th).

Leif

Adventurer
I was trying to determine the starting level for characters, so I read only the first page of Revenge (they decided not to publish that information in any of the promotional materials). It says 12th - 18th for the level range (IOW, start at 12th, end at 18th).
See, I was hoping you knew more than I remembered! If there are only 3 or 4 PCs, we may do well to make starting level 13th.

Leif

Adventurer
That's cool. I made 3 12th level characters. I could easily ramp up one of them to 13th if needed.
Hmm, I guess Scotley and Walking Dad would probably rather make their own characters from scratch rather than each advancing one of your three from 12th to 13th? :D

Insight

Adventurer
I should mention that my fave is a melee striker with some "face" skills. I'll leave the rest of it a surprise for now.

Should we do a new OOC for this?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases