Insight's "Isle of Dread" Conversion - OOC

Rhun

First Post
Correct. You get all or nothing for $5-10 a month (don't remember). You can use the compendium to search, and look at skills (and maybe some PH1 stuff) for free, but most of it is locked up.

Alright, cool. Maybe if I get to the point that I am totally down with 4E I'll go for it. For now, I'll let you guys all tell me what to do. :D

Insight

Adventurer
It doesn't look like we've gotten any new interest since Friday. Therefore, I'm cutting off any new prospective players as of the end of today (Monday 3/28).

Any of you who have submitted a race/class combo should know something soon. I believe we only have one prospect who has not submitted an idea.

BTW, Scotley has a standing invite to join this game at any time, even after we get started.

Almightyfoon

First Post
It doesn't look like we've gotten any new interest since Friday. Therefore, I'm cutting off any new prospective players as of the end of today (Monday 3/28).

Any of you who have submitted a race/class combo should know something soon. I believe we only have one prospect who has not submitted an idea.

Good thing I found this thread today!

1. I have not played the module
2. DMing one live eberron game, playing in L4W & LEB here, prepping another game here, a few games days and one off's.
3. Half-Orc Brawler Fighter.

Insight

Adventurer
Good thing I found this thread today!

1. I have not played the module
2. DMing one live eberron game, playing in L4W & LEB here, prepping another game here, a few games days and one off's.
3. Half-Orc Brawler Fighter.

We have our 12th and final contestant!

No more new players as of now. I'll spend the rest of this week deciding on a party composition.

Insight

Adventurer
Between the 12 submissions, we have the following:

Controller x2
Defender x3 (I am putting tiornys in this group since his listed options are mostly Defender-y)
Leader x2
Striker x5

If we have 8 PCs, and I have this thing about pairing up Defenders with Leaders (1:1 ratio is my preference), I think we are likely to have 2 Defenders and 2 Leaders. That's half the party right there. I'll probably go with 1 Controller and 3 Strikers to flesh it out. If anyone is interested in a hybrid Leader with whatever they chose, that would also be a plus (I think we could probably use a little more heals with 8 PCs).

Last edited:

JustKim

First Post
Although I can't become a hybrid as a mage enchanter, I could move around my ability scores and multiclass into shaman, then take the mending spirit feat for a 1/encounter heal. I can give up a couple of feats without sacrificing anything as a controller.

drothgery

First Post
Although I can't become a hybrid as a mage enchanter, I could move around my ability scores and multiclass into shaman, then take the mending spirit feat for a 1/encounter heal. I can give up a couple of feats without sacrificing anything as a controller.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If one leader is supposed to be standard for 5 PCs, two ought to be okay for 8. And while Artificers don't have cleric-level awesome healing, they are pretty useful for shifting healing surges from characters who were lucky or just had a lot of surges to those who were unlucky or didn't have many surges and managed to get hit (at least in theory).

Insight

Adventurer
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If one leader is supposed to be standard for 5 PCs, two ought to be okay for 8. And while Artificers don't have cleric-level awesome healing, they are pretty useful for shifting healing surges from characters who were lucky or just had a lot of surges to those who were unlucky or didn't have many surges and managed to get hit (at least in theory).

I should rephrase that to state that it would help to have a third character who can dole out some heals. That could be in the form of a Paladin (one with Lay on Hands) or a hybrid Leader of some kind. It could also be a multiclassed Leader, I suppose.

It's not a requirement, so don't feel like you have to completely change your character concept if it wouldn't make sense to do so.

Walking Dad

First Post
I should rephrase that to state that it would help to have a third character who can dole out some heals. That could be in the form of a Paladin (one with Lay on Hands) ...

A Cavalier is a Paladin variant. And one encounter power let me take all damage from a single attack (that is reduced later) and another Power (Restore Vitality) is surgeless healing.

Taking the virtue of Sacrifice also adds another encounter healing power (Spirit of Sacrifice).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases