Web Enhancements

How do you prefer your Web-Enhancements?

• Web page only

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Download only

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Both Web page and Download

Votes: 64 76.2%

Danzilla

First Post
I was just wondering...and I have no input on any company that might find this information helpful...

Do you prefer your web enhancements to be downloads, just readable on the web, or would you prefer both...?

I know the majority of us know how to copy the text of a web page to our computer and paste in a text document, some of us can even reformat it to look pretty and/or just suck it into acrobat with the art and stuff intact...but...I don't think everyone can do these things and I wish more publishers were a little more accomodating to the audience in general with an option of either method (web page and download)...

just my two-cents worth and was wondering what youse guys (and dames) have to say on it...

Danzilla

EricNoah

Adventurer
I don't use a lot of PDFs, I'd much rather have a web page overall. But if both can be provided, then both is what I prefer.

Bagpuss

Legend
Yeah a PDF is better as its easier to printout never have my PC at the table so a webpage is just a pain to get the layout correct for my printer.

Danzilla said:
I know the majority of us know how to copy the text of a web page to our computer and paste in a text document, some of us can even reformat it to look pretty and/or just suck it into acrobat with the art and stuff intact...but...I don't think everyone can do these things and I wish more publishers were a little more accomodating to the audience in general with an option of either method (web page and download)...
You can cut and paste from a PDF.

Save the PDF to your local machine first. Then open it in Acrobat Reader. (don't just open it in Internet Explorer. The Text select tool is a big T with a dotted line box. If you click just to the right of it, it will turn into a drop down box with "Text select tool" and "Column select tool". Use the Column select tool to handle the standard two column layout mode. Is this really so hard?

Joe

Jasperak

Adventurer
Gotta side with both. I prefer PDF so I can print them out, although I would like to see a preview before downloading.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
PDF = one extra step I have to take to see stuff.

Zip'd PDF = two-three extra steps. Bleah!

HTML = ease-of-use nirvana!

-- Nifft

Danzilla

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Web Enhancements

BigFreekinGoblinoid said:

I hope Monte Cook reads this thread! He's a prime example of web content I probably won't use as much as I could...

I don't know...the Enhancement for Bonds of Magic-Faithful was a PDf and though small was IMHO a pretty good enhancement...on the other hand...he also gave us some critters cut from the BoVD as an HTML only enhancement.

Danzilla

[Edit] reread the last bit and realized that someone might construe that as coming down on Monte (for only providing it as an HTML page)...I think Monte does a really good job and the time he gives the gaming community is very much appreciated...I know there's such a thing as PR and fostering goodwill but I really think he takes it just a step further and for that I thank him...Keep up the good work Monte...

What I'm getting at with this poll is that I appreciate ANY web enhancements I can get BUT I prefer them to be in a format that is not only easy to find but also to share with others...

I can't always lug a computer to the game, but I can burn the relevant files to a CD to share with the GM/Players and/or I can print it out..

My preferences are for the PDF or other downloadable format but I also appreciate the quickness of the information being conveyed without the download when I visit a Web Site...My pet peeve is not being able to find the enhancements later when it was on a web page and either the links have been moved or can't be found or it's been taken down...

and what if I don't have current access to the internet...no Enhancement for me...

and yes I know that I can print out a web page but I already have enough clutter in my life and I prefer to leave it digital when I can...

Last edited:

Remove ads