Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yep, by 12th-level you have achieved "name level." You are a VIP in Greyhawk. Of course, there are a number of other VIPs who are all jockeying for status along with you and since you are adventurers you don't get too heavily involved in politics. You're too interested in hauling fat lutes back from dungeons. Basically all it is going to mean is that lots of high-level NPCs know who you are and what you can do (or have done). Perhaps your character is just coming off a furlough where he or she went back home and was celebrated as a hero, but at heart, your character could never stay in one place so rather than stay home and gather followers and build a keep, he or she took off for the next adventure.

So it would be best that you keep these kinds of things in mind for your background. :)

Rathan

First Post
The way I've set up my character build I plan to work the 'professional dungeon crawling expert' background.

Picture your fly by night, on the town, bar to bar, cool guy that can get it done and done well in some of the most famous dungeons in all of Greyhawk! The Tony Stark of the dungeon crawling world if you will. Just as drunk but perhaps a little less self absorbed.... but only slightly.. heh.

Zerith

First Post
Das Newbie scampers into the tavern with a bullseye lamp and illuminates the quest giver in the dimly lit corner; with chirping voice and giddy eyes he says aloud "room for an annoyance?" smugly with glee.

:3

But yesh, if you would not mind having a newbie join (Always wanted to do a Cliche Dungeon crawl :D) what arch type should I make a character for?
as things stand I'm tempted to make a (either Copper or Brass) Dragon Shaman Kobold: a miniature dragon, what is there not to love? :D
(Kobold stats are a bit poor but still, a lil shiny dragon want to be scampering about... XD)

Or maybe a perma shrunk Halfling/Gnome/Kobold riding on his perma grown bat/owl/raven/hawk! :D
who is on who's shoulder now? XD

Sillyness aside, I'm open to any and all recommendations if you want to let a newbie have a try at this game of D&D :3

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Das Newbie scampers into the tavern with a bullseye lamp and illuminates the quest giver in the dimly lit corner; with chirping voice and giddy eyes he says aloud "room for an annoyance?" smugly with glee.

:3

But yesh, if you would not mind having a newbie join (Always wanted to do a Cliche Dungeon crawl :D) what arch type should I make a character for?
as things stand I'm tempted to make a (either Copper or Brass) Dragon Shaman Kobold: a miniature dragon, what is there not to love? :D
(Kobold stats are a bit poor but still, a lil shiny dragon want to be scampering about... XD)

Or maybe a perma shrunk Halfling/Gnome/Kobold riding on his perma grown bat/owl/raven/hawk! :D
who is on who's shoulder now? XD

Sillyness aside, I'm open to any and all recommendations if you want to let a newbie have a try at this game of D&D :3

Neither of those suggestions would fly in this campaign. It's not going to be that... weird. Traditional (old school/Greyhawk) archetypes are expected for this game. See the OP for allowed classes as well as racial class restrictions. Also, PH races only. Kobolds aren't allowed as player races, although you might pick up a kobold as a minion at some point.

Summary of submitted concepts: So far Rathan has expressed interest in playing a rogue and has submitted a character. I've approved that concept although I need to take a harder look at the details. Vertexx69 has indicated interest in either a cleric or wizard; will need more details before approval. s@squ@tch appears to be interested in an arcane caster although I'd like to see more details on that as well. Rhun appears interested in both arcane and divine; will need more details. So Rathan is the only one with a guaranteed slot. Vertexx69 will get precedence if he is indeed interested since he participated the first time around. No one has expressed interest in the primary combatant role (fighter/barbarian/ranger/etc.). A melee type would probably be best for that, although ranged might work too.

s@squ@tch

First Post
I've been kicking around a straight 12th lvl wizard - once an apprentice to Tenser, he has looked up members of the circle of eight for some time, and hopes to one day join them, but still has much to learn and see.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I've been kicking around a straight 12th lvl wizard - once an apprentice to Tenser, he has looked up members of the circle of eight for some time, and hopes to one day join them, but still has much to learn and see.
You have the rudiments of a good character there. Do you plan to follow Tenser's alignment (LG) if your character was his apprentice?
I have been working on a build for a 12th level straight cleric. Not sure what deity yet.
Any of the deities from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (and their corresponding domains) would be acceptable. Although I recommend only good or neutral-aligned deities, you might be able to get away with an evil patron as long as the character is a team player.

I haven't put any restrictions on alignment (yet) because I believe there are players out there capable of playing evil alignment without being utterly diabolical. Still, there is an absolute requirement that the group work together as a team for this campaign because it is very challenging and group infighting is like asking for death. There will be the assumption that the characters are already part of an adventuring party and thus know each other, have worked together before, and have established camaraderie with each other. So I encourage you to establish at least a little bit of background cooperatively. For reference, the campaign begins in the year 594 CY. If you know Greyhawk, you can incorporate a few elements of your prior career based on events in the campaign world.

Rhun

First Post
I haven't put any restrictions on alignment (yet) because I believe there are players out there capable of playing evil alignment without being utterly diabolical.

Not a problem, I very rarely ever play evil characters anyway. I get enough of that DMing.

Still, there is an absolute requirement that the group work together as a team for this campaign because it is very challenging and group infighting is like asking for death. There will be the assumption that the characters are already part of an adventuring party and thus know each other, have worked together before, and have established camaraderie with each other. So I encourage you to establish at least a little bit of background cooperatively. For reference, the campaign begins in the year 594 CY. If you know Greyhawk, you can incorporate a few elements of your prior career based on events in the campaign world.

I know Greyhawk pretty well, at least up until about 600 CY.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Not follow exactly Tenser's alignment, but close -- was thinking NG -- they had many quarrels about obligation to following laws, both magical and mundane, to the utmost detail, which did not resonate at all with him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases