Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

Rathan

First Post
I'd assume Varn has needed some divine help with luck, wounds, and all things undead in as many tombs and dungeons he's crawled through. Perhaps your character is his 'go to' guy in the matters of the holy?

Other ideas would be family relations as we're both human... another could be you were hunting him for some reason and somehow became friends or at least companions... anything you can think of is welcome as well...

Somehow I'm seeing Van Helsing and his friend the monk type thing here!

Rhun

First Post
I'd assume Varn has needed some divine help with luck, wounds, and all things undead in as many tombs and dungeons he's crawled through. Perhaps your character is his 'go to' guy in the matters of the holy?

And perhaps my PC sees Varn as his mission...to turn the selfish rogue into a more honorable scoundrel.

Somehow I'm seeing Van Helsing and his friend the monk type thing here!

My PC is more of the heavily armored crusader type, moreso than the enlightened monk type. :)

Rathan

First Post
Perhaps I "stole" a holy relic of your deity... rumored to have anyways and you've come to keep an eye on me and to coax the location of it from me?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I should point out regarding backgrounds that for the purposes of the story, your group is assumed to be a well-known adventuring company throughout the central Flanaess. Not exactly the most famous, but as 12th-level characters, you've made an impressive name for yourself. People tell stories about your exploits in the Green Dragon Inn of Greyhawk and many young adventurers long to have such prosperous and experienced careers such as you have had. It is possible perhaps one or two of you are fairly recent additions, but even if so, they are also generally well-known for their deeds of daring-do.

You probably also have a name for your company. Would be a good idea to think about that.

Rathan

First Post
Ok.. on that note... Rhun perhaps Varn has returned a relic of Heironeous from his latest delve into a dungeon and you in turn you've offered him a place in your little trope. As of late your resident rogue met an.... untimely end....and well Varn was the most well known and famous name backed by skill to take his place going into such a risky and dangerous venture as Maure Castle?

EDIT: Or I could have started the group needing a bit more backing in his delves into the deeps of deadly dungeons and what have you... I could have recruited each of you all for specific talents innate to each one of you... and ever sense the meshing of our combined skills have raised us all to near star-studded status.

EDIT2: I also like the idea of your PC being Varn's voice of reason... heh

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
FYI, I should have my PC finished up relatively soon. I've used the SRD to build what I have so far, but I need to look through feats in PHB2. Make sure I'm not missing anything of use.

airwalkrr, I'm not familiar with this adventure, beyond the fact that it is a dungeon crawl. As far as prepping for it...are we going to be able to withdraw from the place? Or are we going to be stuck inside of it? I guess the real gist of what I'm asking is this: If my cleric is the PC that ends up dead, is there going to be access to someone else to raise him?

Rathan

First Post
Don't forget Rhun I've got decent skill in Use Magic Device (+17 for Scrolls). Perhaps at least one scroll of Raise Dead might be prudent if we can afford it?

Rhun

First Post
Don't forget Rhun I've got decent skill in Use Magic Device (+17 for Scrolls). Perhaps at least one scroll of Raise Dead might be prudent if we can afford it?

Good call, I will look into it. I notice that your PC also carries two wands of cure light wounds. Add to the two that my PC carries, that should give us plenty of out-of-combat healing power. I hope. :)

s@squ@tch

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Hedowin Darvan
[B]Class:[/B] Wizard 12
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Senses:[/B] Spot: +0, Listen +0  
[B]Deity:[/B] Boccob
[B]Region of Origin:[/B] Magepoint

[B]Str:[/B]  5 -3 (--p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 12	[B]XP[/B]: lots - 747 xp for scroll scribing
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (--p.)	[B]BAB:[/B] +6		[B]HP:[/B] 55 (12d4+24)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (--p.)	[B]Grapple:[/B] +3	
[B]Int:[/B] 24 +7 (--p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 30'	[B]Stat Increases:[/b] INT +3
[B]Wis:[/B] 11 -- (--p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +2	[B]Spell Save:[/B] 
[B]Cha:[/B] 13 +1 (--p.)	[B]ACP:[/B] N/A	[B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10	+0	+0	+2	+0	+0	+0	12
[B]Touch:[/B]	12	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]	+8	+4	+4	+0
[B]Ref:[/B]	+8	+4	+4	+0
[B]Will:[/B]	+10	+8	+2	+0
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
MW Quarterstaff		+4/-1	1d6-3	20/x2     	------

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconic, Giant, Sylvan, Abyssal, Infernal, Goblin

[B]Abilities:[/B]

- Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size. 
- Human base land speed is 30 feet. 
- 1 extra feat at 1st level. 
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level. 

Wizard Abilities

[B]Feats: [/B] 
1st - Extend Spell
1st - (Wizard Bonus) - Scribe Scroll
1st - (Wizard Bonus) - Call Familiar
1st - (Human Bonus) - Combat Casting
3rd - Spell Penetration
5th - (Wizard Bonus) - Empower Spell
6th - Silent Spell
9th - Improved Familiar (Pseudodragon)
10th (Wizard Bonus) - Quicken Spell 
12th - Still Spell

[B]Spells prepared[/B] (Save DC 17 + spell level): 

[U]Wizard Spells: (CL12)[/U]

0 -(4)-  Light x2, Detect Magic x2
1st -(6)-  Tenser's Floating Disc, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Burning Hands, Shield, Grease
2nd -(6)- Extended Mage Armor, Scorching Ray, Mirror Image, Levitation, Glitterdust, Blur
3rd - (6) - Empowered Magic Missile, Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Dispel Magic, Haste, Vampiric Touch
4th - (4) - Silent Dispel Magic, Stoneskin, Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility
5th - (4) - Teleport, Prying Eyes, Empowered Fireball, Cone of Cold
6th - (3) - Quickened Mirror Image, Disintegrate, Forceful Hand

[B]Spellbook/Spells Known:[/B]

[U]Wizard:[/U]
	0 - All Cantrips
	1st -(8)  Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Identify, Grease, Enlarge Person, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Tenser's Floating Disc, Reduce Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Burning Hands
    	2nd -(4) Mirror Image, Levitation, Scorching Ray, Shatter, Glitterdust, Locate Object, Knock, Blur
    	3rd -(4) Dispel Magic, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Vampiric Touch, Haste, Major Image, Invisibility Sphere, Wind Wall, Protection from Energy, Fly
    	4th -(4) Stoneskin, Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, Dimension Door, Scrying, Arcane Eye, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Greater Invisibility, Polymorph, Stone Shape
    	5th -(4) Transmute Rock to Mud, Teleport, Wall of Force, Cone of Cold, Prying Eyes, Telekinesis, Break Enchantment, Dismissal, Feeblemind
    	6th -(4) Greater Dispel Magic, Anti-Magic Field, Forceful Hand, Disintegrate, Stone to Flesh, True Seeing, Analyze Dweomer, Legend Lore

[B]Spell-Like:[/B] None

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 115	[B]Max Ranks:[/B] 15/7

[sblock=Skill total summation]
1st: 7x4 = 28
2nd, 3rd: 7*2 = 14
4th – 7th: 8*4 = 32
8th – 11th: 8*4 = 32
12th : 9*1 = 9

Sum: 28+14+32+32+9 = 115
[/sblock]
[B]Skills		Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc[/B]
[U]Concentration[/U]  	+17	15	+2	--
[U]Decipher Script[/U]	+11	4	+7	--
[U]Know: (Arcana)[/U]  +24	15	+7	+2
[U]Know: (Religion)[/U])+22	15	+7	--
[U]Know: (Local)[/U]  +22	15	+7	--
[U]Know: (Nature)[/U]  +22	15	+7	--
[U]Know: (Dngn)[/U]  +22	15	+7	--
[U]Spellcraft[/U]  	+24	15	+7	+2
Speak Language  	+3	6	--	--

[B]Equipment:		Cost	Weight[/B]
MW Quarterstaff    	300gp	4lb
Dagger    		2gp	1lb
Explorer's Outfit	10gp	5lb
Belt Pouch		1gp	0.5lb
Spell Component Pouch   5gp	2lb
[I]Headband of Intellect +4[/I]     16000gp	--lb
[I]Wand of Magic Missile[/I] (50)   6750gp	--lb
[I]Ring of Invisibility[/I]         20000gp	--lb
[I]Cloak of Resistance +2[/I]       4000gp	--lb

[U]Handy Haversack	2000gp	2lb[/U]
Spellbook 		15gp	3lb
Sunrod    		2gp	1lb
Chalk (3 pieces)	3cp	0lb
Pen and Ink		8gp	0lb
Paper (10 sheets)  	4gp	0lb
Flask        		3cp	1.5lb
Gold Loop w/Sapphire	1500gp	0lb      (Focus for [I]Analyze Dweomer[/I])
Four strips of Ivory		200gp	0lb      (Focus for [I]Legend Lore[/I])
Granite and Diamond Dust	500gp	0lb      (Material component for 2 [I]Stoneskin[/I] spells)

Scroll Case with:           	1gp	0.5lb

True Seeing             	1075gp	0lb
Greater Dispel Magic         	825gp	0lb
Stone to Flesh          	825gp	0lb
Break Enchantment          	563gp	0lb
Teleport                  	563gp	0lb
Dismissal                  	563gp	0lb
Transmute Rock to Mud      	563gp	0lb
Stone Shape             	350gp	0lb
Dimension Door x2              	700gp	0lb
Greater Invisibility        	350gp	0lb
Dispel Magic x2             	376gp	0lb
Fly                       	188gp	0lb
Protection from Energy x2   	564gp	0lb
Knock x3                  	225gp	0lb
Levitation              	75gp	0lb
Shatter                   	75gp	0lb
Locate Object             	75gp	0lb
Reduce Person  x2            	25gp	0lb
Enlarge Person  x2            	25gp	0lb
Grease x2                	25gp	0lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]15 lb	[B]Money:[/B] 153gp 9 sp 4 cp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	16	33	50	100	250

[B]Age:[/B] 31
[B]Height:[/B] 5'7"
[B]Weight:[/B] 119
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Black 
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale

[B]Familiar:[/B] 

Size/Type: Tiny Dragon
Hit Dice: 12d12+2 (27 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-8
Attack: Sting +6 melee (1d3-2 plus poison)
Full Attack: Sting +6 melee (1d3-2 plus poison) and bite +1 melee (1)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft. (5 ft. with tail)
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 60 ft., immunity to sleep and paralysis, low-light vision, spell resistance 19, telepathy 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Diplomacy +2, Hide +20*, Listen +9, Search +6, Sense Motive +7, Spot +9, Survival +1 (+3 following tracks)
Feats: Alertness, Weapon FinesseB, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Deliver Touch Spell, Speak with Master, 
Alignment: neutral good

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=29098]Rhun[/MENTION], I don't want to give away any spoilers about the nature of the adventure. Suffice it to say that it is a high-level dungeon crawl and you can expect to encounter all sorts of magical traps and dangers that come with the territory. It is entirely possible you will encounter areas that are dimension anchored and prevent teleportation and such, so withdraw may become a more difficult matter than simply casting a spell. I will at least say this, it is not the sort of dungeon that traps you inside for eternity with no hope of escape until you defeat every single monster and trap inside. Your characters' preliminary investigations will be able to reveal that at least. I will assume your character consults with some sages and casts a divination or two before entering. With that in mind, whenever a character dies, you should be able to escape the dungeon and bring that character back to your home base (which is likely the city of Greyhawk) to be raised or resurrected as needed.

Remove ads