[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The Mine-Militia Identity
Adventure for character levels 1st - 2nd.​

Player Characters:
Sharpe Wellington (Luinnar): Half-elf Bard 1 (Leader)
Felix Tertius (twilsemail): Human Slayer 1 (Striker)
Mina (pathfinderq1): Eladrin Mage 1 (Controller)
Drew Lucan (MetaVoid): Human Monk 1 (Striker)
Prime (Someone): Warforged Fighter 1 (Defender)

[sblock=Rules and Guidelines]

Die Rolls: Please use an online die roller - Invisible Castle is very popular. If the online die roller is unavailable, use the forum die roller temporarily.

Skill Checks: Standard fare for these forums. I'll sometimes post skill DCs with the results in a spoiler block. I'll mark results that are due to a passive check, and if you have a passive check equal to or greater, go ahead and read it. Otherwise, you'll need to complete an active skill check, which requires a minor action if in combat. Please post the results of your roll for those active checks. There may also be spoiler text directed to a specific character. Don't read blocks not addressed to you. Everyone will be on their honor not to use any information for passive checks you would not pass or active checks your do not make/pass.

Combat: Again standard fare for these forums. We'll be using Mal Malenkirk's combat rules.

Here's how it works: The PCs roll their own initiative (I will roll for you after 24 hours), and I'll roll one initiative for the monsters as a single group. The players with higher initiative than the monsters will go first, then the monsters, then the rest of the PCs. After the first round, the PCs will go as one group, followed by the monsters. The PCs may post in any order they wish, but the actions will happen in the order in which they are posted.

Combat Posts: In addition to description and dialogue, please put your actions (marked as minor, move, and standard), in the order you take them, in a spoiler block, along with all die roll results. Also, if possible, post a stats block in your combat posts. Here's an example (one of my characters):

[sblock=Sample]Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Init: +2, Passive Percept: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, F: 16, R: 14, W: 12, Spd: 5
HP: 31/31, Blood: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 9/12
Second Wind: Avail, AP: 1/1, Milestones: 0.5
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +7 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience
Driving Attack, Dwarven Armor

Misc: If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he uses Combat Challenge (+9 vs. AC; 1d10+4) as an Immediate Interrupt against them. If hit, and a shift or move action caused the attack, they lose the action.

Conditions:
Nil
[/sblock]

I'll include a map of the combat area, the terrain effects, the enemy actions (including status effects inflicted), as well as enemy statistics. I'll be including their basic defenses so that you can resolve your attacks without waiting for a confirmation from me but I won't include hit points until you bloody/kill that particular monster type for the first time.

Treasure: I will be using character wishlists to hand out treasure so if you don't have one on the wiki, please add one.

Deadlines: I'd like to keep this on a 48 hour cycle, but am flexible, My preferred way is (in combat, at least) to give 48 hours for players to post at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content in an appropriately marked spoiler block. I don't mind metagaming when it comes to tactics so you can even post tactical discussions.

If you have any questions about the above, feel free to ask.
[/sblock]

edit: If you've a character potrait you'd like to use for your map token, go ahead and post it with one of your posts. Otherwise, I'll try to find something within the spirit of your character.

The story!

The characters have been hired by a boorish, uppity city representative to locate and retrieve a pair of missing militia last sent to the newly opened mine of a local dwarf, Kalavar Coppernight. This job, though it seems completely trivial, is paying extremely well, and the characters have just begun their preparations/journey.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe has not felt this happy since he foreclosed on his last orphanage. He was questing! Whatever in the abyss that was. And he would get money for his dragon as well. All he needed to do was kill various things! And it was all legal! How can something like this be legal?!

He was so happy that he started to sing!:

A hunting I will go, a hunting I will go
Heigh ho, the dairy-o, a hunting I will go!
I'll catch a dragon and put him in a box
And I won't let him go!

I'll catch a Kracken and put him in another box
And I won't let him go!

I'll catch a dire bear and sell his hair
And then I'll let his body go!

I'll catch a vampire and make him expire,
And then I'll let the dust go!

I'll catch a militiaman and make him squeal like a pig,
And then I'll sell him for lots of gold!

[sblock=Sharp Stat Block]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 1
Init: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC 17 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 16, Spd: 5
HP 30 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 11
AP: 1/1, Milestones:

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X2, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Prime clanks along, savoring the sights. He knows what the things he sees are, though the novelty of looking at them with his own eyes is new and exciting. "I should have left that tavern long ago" thinks.

OOC: Horticulture, do you mind if I mainly use the built in dice roller? I find it easier to use than Invisible Castle or other external rollers.

[sblock=mini-stats]Prime Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
Defenses: AC: 20, For: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 13
HP: 33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 13/13 Speed: 5 squares
Languages: Common
AP: 1

Powers:
Tide of Iron, Shield Feint
Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind
Villain’s Menace[/sblock]

automaton2.jpg

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
Felix approaches the North Gate with Drew in tow. Where before he wore loose fitting and comfortable looking clothing, he now wears the scaled and banded armor of the Legion. Resting easily on his shoulder is a large crossbow.“Right then, who’s ready to go be heroes?”

[sblock=ooc]Horticulture, do you mind if I turn in my last 5 gold for a handaxe? I hadn’t realized I’d left that out of his kit. Also, I'll likely be using the ENWorld roller as well, I cannot access IC from work. As long as that copasetic with you, at least.[/sblock][sblock=ooc][/sblock]

[sblock=Felix]Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade
Power Strike
Heroic Effort
Conditions:[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"With the militia in tow, I shall meet you at the gate near the end of the day," the representative says.

The day is bright and unfettered by clouds when the adventurers step from the Hanged Man Tavern. The map shows that the mine appears to have been started atop a relatively low hill within four hours travel roughly northeast of Daunton. The area is generally less traveled and underused but the travel to the site should be easy.

OOC: I have no issue with that, gang. As long as there's some record of your rolls, I'm fine with it. Also, if you have a picture you'd like me to use for your token, go ahead and post it.

You can spend any gold you have, twilsemail; that's no problem.

Once patherfinderq1 posts in this thread, we'll get travel under way.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina followed the others out of the tavern. She paused just outside the door, and the open hood of her cloak swept from side to side as she surveyed the area. The streets of Daunton were nothing like anyplace she had ever been.
After a few moments, she shifted the weight of her satchel on her shoulder and began to walk down the street towards the gates...

Mina- Stat Block:
[sblock] Eladrin wizard (mage) 1
Initiative +0/Passive Perception 16/Passive Insight 16/Low-light vision
HP 24/Bloodied 12/Surge value 6/Per day= 8
AC 15/FORT 12/REF 15/WILL 15
Speed 6/Size medium/Saves normal
STR 8 (-1)/DEX 10 (+0)/WIS 12 (+1)
CON 14 (+2)/INT 20 (+5)/CHA 14 (+2)
Melee basic: Staff +1 vs. AC, 1d6-1
Ranged basic: Magic missile, ranged 20, deals 7 force
Skills: Arcana +14; Diplomacy +7; History +12, Insight +6; Nature +6, Perception +6
Powers:
Light (cantrip)
Mage hand (cantrip)
Prestidigitation (cantrip)
Magic missile (at-will)
Freezing burst (at-will)
Hypnotism (at will)
Orbmaster’s incendiary detonantion (Encounter 1)
Wizard’s fury (Daily 1)
Charm of misplaced wrath (Encounter 1/ spellbook)
Flaming sphere (Daily 1/spellbook)

Fey step (Encounter)
Majestic word (Daily MC)
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Mina_(pathfinderq1)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe pulls out his bagpipes and starts to play his twisted hunting song. Invisible arcane energy swirls around the party, urging their feet to move with greater speed, or maybe they just want to get away from the bagpipes ASAP.

[sblock=Sharpe Icon/ooc]
Sharpe is using the traveler's chant ritual, the party's effective speed is +2, no component cost with the bard ability (once per day).

Sharpe:
sharpe.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Sharp Stat Block]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 1
Init: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC 17 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 16, Spd: 5
HP 30 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 11
AP: 1/1, Milestones:

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
Majestic Word X2, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
Stirring Shout

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Notes: Bardic Training free ritual used
[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
With the ever so slightly demented bard playing a lilting dirge, the group makes excellent time on the relatively short trek toward the militia's last known location.

Two hours into the shortened journey, the group enters a large small forest. The path, beginning to show disuse and lack of care, becomes shaded with the canopies of the trees overhead. The forest becomes quiet despite the tune Sharpe plays, strangely silent despite being the middle of the afternoon.

[sblock=Passive Perception 15]To the east approximately 100 meters, and running through the forest roughly parallel to the path the party now travels, the underbrush moves violently, as if a group of people or creatures is running without regard for stealth.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases