D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe) - Page 9




  1. #81
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    Someone

    @Someone, he cannot shift away from Drew due to diff terrain. If he moves he is hit by OA. She will survive single attack or two. And the rest of us will not be hit by Fort hitting controler. In total, we'll spend less surges and resources if you shut down that one. Besides, if flail hits you and pushes you away to let's say I5 and prones, how would you protect anyone?

    Of course, this is my oppinion, you're free to do as you think best Just like I charged forward attempting to block one passage, only to be punted away by flail :/

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    Ignore Someone
    ooc
    I don't mean you're wrong; the flail guy could just very well pull me out of usefullness. Still, he'd need to roll for that: I feel that moving away from the greataxe bugbear means controlling myself without a roll; and if he targets me that's one blow that's not going to the squishies.

    Actually the point may be moot. See edit in main post.
    Last edited by Someone; Wednesday, 13th April, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

  • #83
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    twilsemail's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    King of Prussia, PA
    Posts
    1,283

    Ignore twilsemail
    Meta
    I think BB1 was dead before you applied flurry, if you want to direct that elsewhere. He had 16 HP left before Sharpe dealt 9 to him and you dealt 13.


    Shout of Triumph
    J5>I5>G6


    “Ooh…” Felix winces as the flail connects again. He decides to impart his infinite wisdom as Drew slides across the floor. “Don’t let them hit you. It tends to hurt.”

    Sharpe’s blade connects and Felix finds himself propelled forward almost onto the statue. Pivoting on his heels he looses a bolt at the largest bugbear. Smirking as the bolt hits home in the brute's stomach, Felix agilely ghosts backwards to the corner.

    "I don't know Drew... He looks pretty comfortable laying there."

    Actions

    Standard: RBA on BB5 +9 vs. AC; 1d10+10
    Free: move to B6
    Minor: Reload
    Free: Switch to 1 handed grip on Crossbow
    Move>Minor: Draw Longsword
    No Action: Power Strike on any OA this turn

    Note: If there are enemies visible in the hallway, Felix will acll out a warning, spend an AP and charge BB2, using Power Strike.


    Felix
    Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
    Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
    AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
    HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers:
    Battle Wrath
    Mobile Blade
    Power Strike
    Heroic Effort
    Stance: Mobile Blade
    Conditions:
    Last edited by twilsemail; Wednesday, 13th April, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    Doc Holliday as portrayed by Val Kilmer in Tombstone

    LEB: Playing Mal
    L4W: Playing Felix
    L4W: Playing The Dartmoor Irregulars

  • #84
    Slightly entitled.
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    horticulture's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sac'to? Is that what the kids call it?
    Posts
    320

    Ignore horticulture
    OOC: BB5 is in J7. Whenever there's different information about positioning in my posts, always go with what's on the map.

    Felix has killed BB5 with his turn, FYI.

  • #85
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,087

    Ignore pathfinderq1
    Mina leaned forward, but did not step any closer to the ongoing carnage. She raised one hand and waved it in a sharp gesture- and a glittering spot like a tiny star spun outward from one finger. Though she could only barely see the bugbear pinned beneath the statue, her dart struck it cleanly.

    OOC

    >Standard: Magic Missile against B2; 7 force damage
    >Move: none
    >Minor: none

  • #86
    Slightly entitled.
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    horticulture's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sac'to? Is that what the kids call it?
    Posts
    320

    Ignore horticulture
    The tide of battle is quickly turned and multiple enemies drop to the ground; never to rise again.

    The remaining bugbears, however, continue to fight despite the overwhelming odds. Perhaps there are worse things than death waiting for them should they fail.

    The long trapped bugbear finally stands to his feet and immediately charges after Felix, swinging wide with its morningstar. Felix is too quick on his feet, and easily steps back from the attack.

    The flail wielding bugbear steps forward and, in a hurricane of motion, sends Prime and Drew hurtling back and to the ground.
    Enemy Actions
    Bugbear2
    Move Stand from prone
    Standard Charge > D4 > C4 > B5, Morningstar vs. Felix (AC 18); damage 1d20+8=13, 2d8+6=16

    Bugbear4
    Move Shift > J5
    Standard Flail Assault vs. Prime (Ref 13), Drew (Ref 18), Sharpe (Ref 12); damage 1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=6, 1d6+2=8. Prime pushed > J7 > I8 and knocked prone; Drew pushed > J8 > K8 and knocked prone.
    Map
    Status
    Drew (K8) HP: 8/24, THP: 0/4, Surges: 8/8, AP: 0, Second Wind: avail; +1 AC/Ref until EONT, bloodied, prone
    Felix (B6) HP: 26/26, Surges: 9/9, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
    Mina (N8) HP: 24/24, THP: 5/5 Surges: 8/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
    Prime (I8) HP: 13/33, Surges: 13/13, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail; bloodied, prone
    Sharpe (K7) HP: 30/30, Surges: 11/11, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail

    Bugbear2 (B5) HP: 17/44; bloodied
    Bugbear4 (J5) HP: 13/27; bloodied, marked by Prime
    Enemies
    Bugbear2 - AC: 15, F: 15, R: 12, W: 10
    +7 vs. AC; 2d8+6
    Bugbear4 - AC: 15, F: 13, R: 15, W: 13
    +4 vs. Fort; 1d6+1

  • #87
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    Ignore Someone
    Prime stands up while his internal self repairs mechanisms work, straighting minor dents and damage. He hurls himself again towards the flail wielding undead.

    actions

    Minor action: Warforged Resolve, gain 3tph, regain 3 hp since he's bloodied.
    Move: Stand up
    Standard action: Charge BB4, (movement ends at I6) hits for 6 damage and Marks him.



    mini-stats
    Prime Warforged Fighter 1
    Status:
    Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
    Defenses: AC: 20, For: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 13
    HP:16/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 13/13 Speed: 5 squares
    Languages: Common
    AP: 1

    Powers:
    Tide of Iron, Shield Feint
    Passing Attack, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind
    Villain’s Menace
    Last edited by Someone; Thursday, 14th April, 2011 at 07:05 AM.

  • #88
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "Get the flail, I'm going to help Felix!"
    Drew rolls over rolling over the stones springing up from the roll and charging down the hall. Too fast it appears as his dagger slashes only air.

    Actions

    Move: Get up
    Minor: Fallen Needle movement technique
    Standard: charge BB2, end move in C4
    Last edited by MetaVoid; Thursday, 14th April, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

  • #89
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    twilsemail's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    King of Prussia, PA
    Posts
    1,283

    Ignore twilsemail
    Sliding around to flank the bugbear, Felix calls merrily over to Drew, "They always assume the archer is bollocks in a melee." Felix slams the sword home in the goblinoid's side and gives it a violent twist. "They're always wrong..." It's pretty apparent from his tone that "they" are enemies not allies. In fact, he looks thankful for the assist.

    actions

    Move: Shift to A6
    Minor: Switch to Battle Wrath Stance
    Standard: MBA on BB2; 25 vs. AC for 16 damage
    No Action: Power attack if the attack hits


    OOC
    Woo! Lucky 7s! I feel like I should do 7777 damage on all hits. 777 posts at level 7...

    Boo for minionizing an enemy.


    Felix
    Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
    Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
    AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
    HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers:
    Battle Wrath
    Mobile Blade
    Power Strike
    Heroic Effort
    Stance: Battle Wrath
    Conditions:
    Last edited by twilsemail; Thursday, 14th April, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    Doc Holliday as portrayed by Val Kilmer in Tombstone

    LEB: Playing Mal
    L4W: Playing Felix
    L4W: Playing The Dartmoor Irregulars

  • #90
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    OOC: I suppose combat is almost over, but could i have handed out THP to anyone last round? (5 THP to anyone within 5 squares who killed or bloodied an opponent)
    Slash him again! Sharpe shouts, electricity shoots from his sword, drawing Prime's blade into the nearby Hobgoblin yet again.

    OOC: Prime gets a free MBA against Hob 4 and +2 to the attack.

    actions

    Minor:Knack for Success on Prime, he gets +2 to next attack roll.

    Standard: Staggering Note on Bugbear 4, 13 vs will, whew hit. 5 Thunder damage and Prime gets a free MBA against it.

    Sharp Stat Block

    Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 1
    Init: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
    AC 17 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 16, Spd: 5
    HP 30 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 11
    AP: 1/1, Milestones:

    Basic Attacks:
    Basic Attack +3 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack N/A

    Powers:
    Staggering Note, Guiding Strike
    Majestic Word X1, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Second Wind
    Stirring Shout

    Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

    Conditions:
    Nil

    Note: Free ritual used.
    Last edited by Luinnar; Thursday, 14th April, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    2. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    3. The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 498
      Last Post: Monday, 7th December, 2009, 09:39 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •