[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I'm glad you like it. Here, this wound looks a little loose."

Kanli reaches to Mortar's wound, and seems to tear a strip from it, as if a strip can be torn from a wound, leaving whole flesh behind. He regards the strip of a hole in his hand, before remembering that there can not be a nothing for the second time that day.

He then turns his attention to the altar. "Yes, interesting, is it not? A stone slab by Cotown. This must be Morgana's altar. See? Look at these figures at the side," he surmises. "Morgana's kinda hot."

Kanli looks up, surreptitiously peering around, before slamming his hand down on the top of the altar, leaving a magical red handprint behind. "It's mine, now."

He jumps onto the stone slab and bellows, "Pay homage to me, little forest creatures! I demand sacrifice!" He stops a moment, as if listening to something, and finishes, "What? Oh, yes, fine. And pay homage to Her Sanguine Majesty, the Goddess of Blood!"

deisenhut

First Post
Yo watches the strange display with confusion as he carries some wood back towards the alter. He simply ignores the strange one and focuses on building the fire on the ground nearby for dinner. Maybe they can slow roast some of this meat overnight and have a good breakfast too.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Despite the red mark left on the altar by Kanli, nothing had changed. No forest creature came to challenge the half-orc, nor did the corpse next to the handprint shrug its backpack off and rise from the altar.

All was otherwise quiet, except for the fresh sizzling of cooking pork.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"Hey Kanli" Elros says "I could use a little more healing, if you don't mind" he says

OOC: really depends on how many spells you have left, he's at 13/22 right now an healing is not essential, but it couldn't hurt to fix him up a little, but he will heal some overnight, up to you will be 16/22 after a night's rest, and if we are planning to sleep the whole night and not be night ambushed you would regain your spells then

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Darkness fell and the air chilled. Mortar was able to create enough cut and cooked pork to make 10 travel rations in the two hours it took for the sun to disappear and twilight turn to night. There was plenty of meat left on the boars, too. The smell of the fire and the dead corpse mingled and created a peculiar scent.

deisenhut

First Post
As he finishes his dinner of roasted boar, Yoshiki speaks up, "I can take the first watch. Who knows what kind of other wild beasts roam this area."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
After noting that no one responded to his boast, Kanli hops off the altar. "Hmph, those squrrels are smarter than they look," he mutters.

He turns to Elros. "For you, old friend? Of course I have more healing for you!" He gives Elros a life-affirming hug. "The Red Hand Society takes care of each other!"

He joins the rest of the group with the boar. "Oh, now that's a good sacrifice, you all have earned my favor," he adds beneficently, waving his hands in blessing. "You know," he continues, while stuffing his face with boar meat, "I think we have our first rule in the Red Hand Society. 'The Red Hand Society takes care of each other.' How does that sound?"

He then turns back to the altar. "I'm a little worried, too, that Morgana still thinks this altar is hers. I've gone and claimed it and all, and anyone is welcome to keep worshipping me and feeding me boar, but once I leave, it's all her again. I've got to get it rededicated to the Blood Goddess or something. I can bathe it in blood all day long, do you think she'll like that?"

CootaR

First Post
if...

After Viewing Kanli's mad display Krag seems confused (more so that usual) and turns to the other Orc for clarification

Hmmm a goddess of blood? Orcs like blood huh? I like the sun. I dont know her name, but it makes me feel real good. Orcs like it dark.

What is the name of the Sun god? You know lots of things about gods.

Also if the alter is still the mean eye'd hog ladies, should we smash?

In response to the watch situation...

I can take whatever watch, I can see good at night. Better in the day

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The night passed uneventfully and pleasantly enough. Yo took first watch, followed by Kanli, then Krag, then Elros, and finally Mortar. The pork and campfire kept stomachs warm and happy. The only negative part was that flies came in as the corpse on the nearby altar became ever more decayed, but the fire kept the worse of the swarms away until the sun rose once more and pushed away the darkness.

OOC: Each injured character recovers a hit point from the night's rest. Characters recover their spells for the day, or have prepared new ones for the next challenge. I have Elros with 18 out of 22 hps, and Mortar fully healed.

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Eyes?" Kanli questions. "You mentioned evil eyes before, there was a lady behind them?"

The golden orc rubs his chin and sits with his companion to ruminate together.

"I have a thousand titles, from a thousand paths, and a thousand centuries. I am the Bloody High Priest of Venza, the Sanguine Lord, the Red Hand. Yes, I serve the Blood Goddess, well, represent is more like it. The Blood Goddess is not specifically orcish--I believe she might even be a human deity, although when I met her, she was being served by frogs and insects, the poor thing. The frogs were quite tasty, though. It's very rare to find an orc worshipping the sun. Most of the ones I've met hate it with a passion. But, I suppose, if you're raising the ire of a people, you must be doing something right, eh?"

He turns and gestures out toward the stone slab. "But what to do about this? Yes, that's a good question. Certainly, this appears to be an issue that is best pondered by we orcs, no offense to the gathered and welcome company of other races and nether shadows--oh, right, sorry, can't mention the nether shadows, um, no nether shadows here, thank you."

Kanli rubs his temple, letting out guttural sounds expressing deep thought, carefully considering this meeting of orcish minds. "Perhaps we can work together! Yes! That's brilliant! I'll look for the magic, and you look for evil! Maybe there is some secret to this altar! And then we smash it, how does that sound?"

Barely waiting for an answer, Kanli stands, his eyes glazing over more than usual. They glow a golden color as he approaches the altar and begins to search it.

[sblock=ooc]Detect Magic and start searching. I'll take 20, get an 18 on Perception. I don't care if it's getting dark, darkvision and all.[/sblock]

Remove ads