Wilderness Encounters [now with my Keep on the Borderlands encounters]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I know I saw a thread a while back about this, but I couldn't find it to bump it. So anyway...

Anyone got any good wilderness encounters?

PS - If someone could provide a link to the old thread, I would appreciate it.

My contribution:

PCs encounter a group of kobolds who are running around in circles trying to avoid another kobold. Why? The kobold they are running from has a scorpion tied to a fishing pole and is chasing them with it.

Ok, hopefully yours want be so goofy. :) I actually used the above encounter btw, had my players in stitches.

Last edited:

Terra_Ferax_Mark

First Post
A Shameless Plug That Might Help You Out

Terra Ferax Wilderness Encounters
Terra Ferax Innovations
DOWNLOAD PRICE: $6.00 SPECIAL: $4.00
File size: 4.2 MB Zip size: 3.8 MB

Buy It At RPGNow

Since Third Edition leverages monster advancement options like never before, there has never been a better edition for outdoor encounters.
Wish Third Edition had wilderness encounter tables like earlier editions? This guide to the outdoors covers

weather (divided seasonally for ease of use with Terra Ferax or any campaign with summer, spring, winter and fall),
food sources,
water sources,
gems found in the wilderness (pearls in water, etc.)
plus three separate sections, each detailing monster encounters for cold, temperate and warm climates. Each climate is subdivided into
aquatic,
desert (wasteland),
forest,
hills,
mountains,
plains (clear),
and swamps.
Five pages of Open Game Content features four new monsters plus a monstrous template.

tfi4001.jpg

Napftor

Explorer
Another plug

Here's another shameless plug. You can try Beyond the Walls, Mystic Eye Games' contribution to the wilderness supplements. This book is due out in a Dec/Jan timeframe.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I just used

geothermal area - hot pools, geysers etc. PCs spot a rope tied to a tree the other end submerged in a hot pool. They investigate to fing three bags - two full of potatos and the third containing a dead (and now cooked) goblin

The PCs now know
A) there are goblins in the area
B) there is another 'intelligent' creature that eats goblins (and can cook) in the area

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Tonguez said:
I just used

geothermal area - hot pools, geysers etc. PCs spot a rope tied to a tree the other end submerged in a hot pool. They investigate to fing three bags - two full of potatos and the third containing a dead (and now cooked) goblin

The PCs now know
A) there are goblins in the area
B) there is another 'intelligent' creature that eats goblins (and can cook) in the area

Hey cool! I'm going to use this. Thanks!

Can someone give me a little bit of a review of Terra Ferax Wilderness Encounters? I'm considering this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases