Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Zerith

First Post
He would not be getting priority treatment.
it's just that, by being shipped as a pet/animal instead of traveling as a human, he gets changed from a person to a thing: you can stuff a thing into a cargo hold last minute without much of an issue or suspicion, and even use flights that normally don't allow passengers.
Just because there are no more seats left on a flight does not mean there is no more room for objects.
Also, most people don't think a mail-ordered pet is going to cause problems ;3
___

Also, he is still using the "powerful" trait. As for the math, I is lazy :/
But oh well

Defense
looking at it, i did not list it too well, 5 of his parry is depended on powers (in addition to the 2 from the fighting rank that is also dependent on fighting rank)
It also normalizes how much dodge and parry he loses if his powers get sapped. but yesh, must have been tired when I mislabeled that ^_^;

Skills
Built him in hero labs, dos not let normal skills go past 19 at PL 9, but shrinking allowed it to go past, so I figured it was an exception :/

Advantages
the fallowing are all tied to super speed:
Agile Feint
Defensive Roll 3
Improved initiative 3
Interpose
Move by action
Redirect
Takedown 2
Uncanny Dodge
Super speed is listed at costing 23 PP, has 9PP cost from powers and then has 'advantages'. The above advantages have a cost of 13 PP
9+13=23 :3
... waitaminut! Doh! I counted improved grade in the initale cost even though it was a freebee

Density/Ability enhancements
found it in hero labs: it's like normal growth, but dos not modify size/speed, only Str, Sta and weight: it also accounts for 16 PP of his Enhancements, knocking listed ones down to 24 ;3
Normal shrinking + normal growth: actually I looked at this for the heck of it. But Hero labs basically said: "you're the same size, so your stats are unchanged if both are on"
[The base stats are what is left if he loses every power he can lose; your note his Str is -1 because shrinking is innate and density is not ;3]
Basically he condenses in hybrid form ;3

Taking Extra Limb
Um it, says that "Cheetah" from the DC M&M book had the extra limb from having a tail, and I don't think her tail was Prehensile. I was just taking it for completion, but if I can get away without using it, I will do so happy ^_^
___

human is the most strait forward of his forms, I would go over it first while I check over cat form :3

[sblock=Human form alternate identities]Alternate Identities:
-Drake Eichmann: Felix’s first alias complete with full papers, he considers the alias used up, as it clearly stats he is twenty one, when he clearly isn’t. It was used during his ‘high school’ years while going to a high school owned by the The Gryphon Corporation. If anyone got access to his transcript they could readily find he was attending college level classes.

-Samuel James North: A more recent, and still viable, alias, which he employed while investigating the Centre for Meta-human Rights.
Present Age eighteen, runaway with no sense of direction, an eccentric and intensely curious nature, and a knack for wandering off and finding his way into staff rooms and other areas that students are normally not invited into.
His only listed power is the ability to transformation into, albeit large, house cat; an ability he commonly used while checking around the school for “hiding spots*”. To his knowledge, the center pout his apparent lack of aging is a side effect of his morphing ability.
[*This persona, little changed from his normal self, adores the game “hide and seek” and took any excuse to play it, coupled with his ability to be annoyingly curious, it was not uncommon for someone to say “I’m it” before he would dash off and get himself lost in the building. (and one time he got stuck, insideof a wall, he was fleeing from another student who wanted to make him into her pet, there was a hole knocked into the wall from another student’s ‘outbreak’]

-David fletcher: Felix’s present alias. Age fifteen, single child, attending a private school*, survived a plane crash that killed his parents. He is a trust fund baby who’s, major, assets are being managed until he is age thirty two. His present guardian is Trace Turner, a businessman and family friend.
Foul play is suspected in the crash, but nothing is yet released to the public, the investigation, eleven years old, is a cold case file.
[*Attending, as a temp teacher as needed, being able to regulate his past lesions word for word is a useful skill, also, it’s not the same school that he was once a student at, although it is likewise owned by The Gryphon Corporation]
[/sblock]

__

also, I failed to list complications because they were still undone and I just gave you a WIP before, but I think their ready now ;3

complications:
-Truthsayer: While he can be deceptive, he can’t bring himself to flat out lie. He can readily say his name is Drake, Samuel, or David, as they’re names he has been given, but he could not say that the moon is made of cheese, he could how ever say that it is commonly referred to as cheese. And when attempting to lie, he becomes intensely unsettled and starts acting equally uncomfortable and nervous.
[as is listed in his human form, he has alt identities]
-Modest: Felix is a very modest person, while normally not an issue, it is when changing from a cat into one of his other forms, causing him to be reluctant to do so when there are witnesses or when he has nothing to cloth himself with.
-Catnip: When he is in his hybrid or cat form , he can readily be made drunk with catnip.
-Silver allergy: moderate quantities of silver cause his nose to become stuffed and large quantities cause his eyes to become agitated, and moderate general swelling (that makes his fur fluff up).
Physical contact with silver is agitating and prolonged contact can suppress his meta-human abilities, locking him one form.
[Moderate quantities meaning a drawer of silverware, for example, large quantities is anything notably more (or anywhere silver has been recused into fin particles)]

And here is his:
Given Name: Felix Vontell Jaeger
Apparent Age: Early to mid teens
Height: three foot one, five foot four, and one foot six respectively.
Weight one hundred ten, one hundred ten, and seventeen pounds respectively.
[hybrid, human, and cat form]

I'll go over every thing, look for anymore errors, and then post up a finished toon after I get your final ruling on stealth :3
[I'll add a change log for for the stats for your convince as well so you don't have to go over it, Again, from head to toe for 3 forms ;3]

Add-on: Just tested shrinking/stealth in hero labs.
Hero labs allows stealth to go as high as 30 + PL with any shrinking/stealth skill combination: so long as the skill part of the combination gos no further then 10+PL
Add-on2: well, drat, I just went over the stats and his cat form is over spent.
Present revision
[FONT=&quot][sblock=Cat]
[sblock=change log]reduced speed to 1, removed extra limb, removed ability enhancement, fixed PP spending error in speed[/sblock]
Size: Small
Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round
Leaping: 15 feet at 4 miles/hour

Abilities:18
Str: -1 Agl: 2 Fgt: 0 Awe: 0
Sta: 0 Dex: 0 Int: 5 Pre: 2

Initiative: +6

Defense: 6 PP
Dodge: 6
Parry: 4
Fortitude: 0
Toughness: 0
Will: 6

Skills: 27 PP
Acrobatics: 16 +18
Athletics 7 +6
Close Combat: - +0
Deception: - +2
Expertise, Art: 10 +15
Expertise, cooking: 2 +7
Insight: - +0
Intimidation: - -2
Perception 2 +2
Persuasion: - +2
Ranged Combat: - +0
Stealth: 16 +22
Technology 1 +6

Advantages: 3
Eidetic Memory
Language [German]
Improved Initiative

Powers: 16 PP
-Can’t Speak, no usable hands: -2PP
Morph [Meta morph, increased action] 5 PP
Shrinking 4 [Permanent, Innate] 9 PP
Claws [Strength based strike] 1 PP
Immunity[Aging, Disease - Half effect] 1 PP
Speed 1: 1 PP
Leaping 1: 1 PP

Attacks:
Grab +0 (DC Spec 9)
Claw + 0 (DC 15)
Trow +0 (DC 14)
Unarmed +0 (DC 14)[/sblock][/FONT]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Still gotta disagree with your lab on the stealth. Shrinking specifically states that the modifiers are still restricted by PL Limits, This statement coming DIRECTLY after the sentence about the stealth bonus, and even if there was some FAQ somewhere stating otherwise, in a system where all opposing skills ARE limited to caps, it's too good to be able to break them unless there's an opposing skill that does the same thing.
Shrinking would make it easier to block line of sight or find cover, however, which are circumstantial 'stealth increases', though not skill bonuses in themselves.

Why is improved grab free?

Density - Too good for its cost when being combined with Shrinking - The increased weight might be a downside as a normal sized person, but when you're decreasing your size already, it becomes little more than a complication. I'd prefer things like Density be used to represent characters who are actually HEAVY, not just as a cheaper way of getting the bonuses.

Not sure why it says Cheetah has extra limbs, but Extra limb is specifically used for limbs that you can USE. If it's just cosmetic, don't worry about paying extra.

general Powers/advantages/enhancements: If you're buying things as one thing, don't list them under another, it just gets complicated. If you buy a bunch of Advantages under your powers, they should be listed under the appropriate power. Likewise, ability modifiers should be listed under the relevant power, not under 'Enhanced Abilities' (That's a specific power in itself).

Complications: You still need a Motivation, but the others look ok.

Alt Identities:
Drake - Never heard of a company owning a school before, and especially Gryphon wouldn't, they like low profile. The Drake Centre runs a 'private school' for mutants, but that's very recent (Last 6 months).

RE David -
Attending, as a temp teacher as needed, being able to regulate his past lesions word for word is a useful skill, also, it’s not the same school that he was once a student at, although it is likewise owned by The Gryphon Corporation
Not sure what the first part means - He was a 15 year old teacher? And what does regulating lessons word for word mean? Also, same as Drake for the 'corporate school' thing.

Also still need your responses on Regen & Take down.

[sblock=Human Form]
Abilities/Defenses need Base costs (where the pp were spent) listed, as Hybrid.

You only have 22 skill points spent, which would cost 11, but you paid 12 points.

You have 9 advantages but only paid 7pp. Also, what is Speed of Thought? Anything not listed in the book needs to be run by me first.

Immunity[Aging, Disease - Half effect] - Way I would work this, FYI, is that you age at half normal speed and the DC's vs diseases would be halved.
[/sblock]

[sblock=cat]
Abilities/Defenses need Base costs (where the pp were spent) listed, as Hybrid.
Rest looks good.
[/sblock]

Also, just wanted to say I agree with the things you 'kept over' between each of the forms - Metamorph, immunities, Eidetic memory, and skills: Expertise/Technology.
Also, interesting note : Not having Cipher in your alt. forms means that they're more recognizable, meaning someone may recognize the Were-cat when they see it without knowing who the human is. I like it. ;) "Wait, YOU'RE the Cat?"

Zerith

First Post
improved was free because of extra limb ;3
Speed of thought makes Initiative affected by int and not agility; just wanted to make him be reactive as a human ;3
[addon: that said forgot to fix his initiative, amending it now ^^;]

well, since I knocked his speed down to 3, and you said 4 was op with it, I figured it was ok to toss it back in, I'll re-remove iti f you like though

Density: alright, I'll just add it as a complication then and get s few str/sta enhancements :3

Gryphon corp owning a school: it makes sense to me that G.C. would own a school, for mutants. would not shock me if it was 'technically" a privet school that was 'supported' by G.C.
Since the faculty and students would be ore or less in on every thing, they would also know Felix is an adult, but an outsider would just see him as a student.
[as for acting as a temp as needed, well, random fluf realy, and he can recall his old lectures on the drop of a hat :/]
Addon: also, an outsider would not know he was a temp teacher

Drake Center: whoops ^^;

Cipher: yesh, that and his identitys are relativly easy to find things out about, in areas were their revilement, and his original, true, identity is just plane hard to find anything on.
Also, he can't relay say "no, that's the other short cat guy, he looks just like me a swear!" if someone finds him as a hybrid, and as a cat, well, you're not going to be looking for a cat much in the first place, are you?
(Also, tho thinks saying "the cat did it!" sounds at all sane?)

I'll get back to work on him once I get back, going to see my nephew
I'll make a new post in a while ^_^

Addon:
Regen: it's there because of the cliche werewolf regeneration; but I limited it to fades, I hop that's alright(Since regeneration is not a power focus, but a byproduct of being able to reshape himself) but I would not mind throwing it away if it is not acceptable in your eyes
[was also thinking it would recover from rest and/or nutrition]

Stealth: Meant to address this before I left: I'm fin with downgrading it to 19 total; I just wanted to slime him down as much as I could while keeping it as high as I could, I'll just make his cat/hybrid forms more balanced with the freed up points :3

Addon2: Deeeerrrp, I forgot about arrays, like, making the two morps into an array XD
Might do so to get the cat more in line to were I want it. But I don't relay care to make his human form any better though ;3

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
have not done too much but this is what I have so far :3

[sblock=present character] Given Name: Felix Vontell Jaeger
Apparent Age: Early to mid teens
Height: three foot one, five foot four, and one foot six respectively.
Weight: one hundred ten, one hundred ten, and seventeen pounds respectively.

Description:
-Hybrid: extremely lithe with narrow shoulders and the appearance of a featherweight, even for his modest height, he has the general appearance of a long tailed anthropomorphic Savannah cat, which naturally stands on its hind paws without hunching over.
-Human: short and youthful with large eyes, he does not even look half his age, his defining traits are his eyes, green and highly reflective in the right conditions and his and tamable hair, that is continually at a medium long length. the only other notable apparent trait he has, as a human, is that he is narrow in the waist and shoulders and thus ambiguous to the point he appears as either a pretty boy or a tomboy while being neither, depending on what he wears
[in both hybrid and human forms He tends to where t-shirts and denim shorts with a belt, notably he just ‘makes do’ with ones sized for his human form while in his hybrid form, causing his t-shirt to appear oversized while his shorts become extra wide pants]
-Cat: his cat form has the general appearance of a long tailed Savannah cat

*Pictures pending*
[Hybrid, To be started

[sblock=Hybrid]
[sblock=change log]Axed Density.
Added Str (4)and Sta(1)Enhancements
Reduced Agi (by 2 to 6)and Fgt(by 1 to 2) enhancements.
Added Close combat ranks(by 2 to 2).
Reduced stealth rankto 4
Added cost brake down to abilities and defense.
Added cost brake down and ability modifications to ability enhancements.
Added cost brake down to Supper speed
Removed advantages tagged to “supper speed” from the advantage list
Converted Morph into an array[/sblock]
Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round
Leaping: 60 feet at 16 miles/hour

Abilities: 26 PP
-Base:
Str: -1(0) Agl: 3(6) Fgt: 1(2) Awe: 0(0)
Sta: 0(0) Dex: 2(4) Int: 5(10) Pre: 2(4)
-Enhanced:
Str: 3 Agl: 9 Fgt: 2 Awe: 0
Sta: 1 Dex: 4 Int: 5 Pre: 2

Initiative: +21

Defense: 9 PP
Dodge: 11(0)
Parry: 9(0)
Fortitude: 3(2)
Toughness: 5/2(1)
Will: 6(6)

Skills: 18PP
Acrobatics: 10 +19
Athletics 7 +10
Close Combat: 2 +4
Intimidation: - +0
Perception - +0
Ranged Combat: - +4
Stealth: 4 +17
Technology 1 +6

Advantages: 2
Eidetic Memory
Language [German]

Powers: 90 PP
Ability enhancements: 30 P
-Agi: +6(12)
-Fgt: +1(2)
-Dex: +2(4)
-Str: +4(8)
-Sta: +1(2)
Parry enhancement(+5): 5 PP
Morph Array 6 PP
-Morph [Meta morph, increased action] (5)
-Morph [Meta morph, increased action] (1)
Shrinking 4 [Permanent, Innate] 9 PP
Claws 4 [ Strength based strike, Accurate 4] 8pp
Sense [Low-light vision, ultra-hearing, Acute sight.] 3 PP
Regeneration 10 [Fading] 5 PP
Super-speed: 23 PP
-Leaping 3 (2)
-Quickness 4 (4)
-Speed 3 (3)
-- Agile Feint (1)
--Defensive Roll 3 (3)
--Improved initiative 3 (3)
--Interpose(1)
--Move by action(1)
--Redirect(1)
--Takedown 2(2)
--Uncanny Dodge(1)

Attacks:
Grab +4 (DC Spec 13)
Claw + 12 (DC 22)
Throw +4 (DC 18)
Unarmed +4 (DC 18)[/sblock]

[sblock=Human]
[sblock=change log] Added cost brake down to abilities and Defense.
Fixed Initiative error.[/sblock]
Abilities: 16 PP
Str: 0(0) Agl: 0(0) Fgt: 0(0) Awe: 0(0)
Sta: 0(0) Dex: 1(2) Int: 5(10) Pre: 2(4)

Initiative: +5

Defense: 18 PP
Dodge: 6(6)
Parry: 4(4)
Fortitude: 2(2)
Toughness: 0(0)

Skills: 12 PP
Acrobatics: 2 +2
Athletics 2 +2
Close Combat: 2 +2
Insight: - 0
Intimidation: - +2
Perception - +0
Ranged Combat: - +1
Stealth: 5 +5
Technology: 1 +6

Advantages: 9 PP
Benefit, Alternate Identity 3
Benefit, Cipher 2
Benefit, Wealth 1
eidetic memory
Speed of Thought
Language [German]

Powers: 7 PP
Morph Array 6 PP

Attacks:
Grab +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw +1 (DC 15)
Unarmed +0 (DC 15)[/sblock]

[sblock=Cat]
[sblock=change log] Added cost brake down to abilities and Defense.
Reduced Stealth skill by 14 to 2
decreased Acrobatics ranks by 14 to 2
Increased Athletics ranks by 9 to 16
Increased Perception ranks by 17 to 19
Fixed a Parry error.
Added Sense.
Added Feline Swiftness
Added Ability enhancements( +6 agi and +1 Sta)
Moved speed and leaping into feline swiftness
Increased Agi by 3 to 5 and Dex by 2 to 2
Added Accurate 4 to Claws
increased shrinking by 2 to 6[/sblock]
Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round
Leaping: 60 feet at 16 miles/hour

Abilities:28
Base:
Str: -1(0) Agl: 5(10) Fgt: 0(0) Awe: 0(0)
Sta: 0(0) Dex: 2(4) Int: 5(10) Pre: 2(4)
Enhanced:
Str: -1 Agl: 11 Fgt: 0 Awe: 0
Sta: 1 Dex: 2 Int: 5 Pre: 2

Initiative: +23

Defense: 8 PP
Dodge: 11(0)
Parry: 5(2)
Fortitude: 4(3)
Toughness: 4/1(0)

Skills: 29 PP
Acrobatics: 2 +19
Athletics 16 +15
Close Combat: - +0
Intimidation: - -2
Perception 19 +19
Ranged Combat: - +0
Stealth: 2 +19
Technology 1 +6

Advantages: 2
Eidetic Memory
Language [German]

Powers: 55 PP
-Can’t Speak, no usable hands: -2PP
Morph Array 6 PP
Enhanced Abilities 14PP
-Agi: +6 (12)
-Sta: +1 (2)
Shrinking 6 [Permanent, Innate] 13 PP
Sense [Low-light vision, ultra-hearing, Acute sight.] 3 PP
Claws [Strength based strike, accurate 4] 5 PP
Feline Swiftness 15PP
-Leaping 3 (3)
-Speed 3 (3)
--Agile Feint (1)
--Defensive Roll 4 (4)
--Redirect (1)
--Improved Initiative 3 (3)

Attacks:
Grab +0 (DC Spec 9)
Claw + 8 (DC 15)
Throw +2 (DC 14)
Unarmed +0 (DC 14)[/sblock]

Complications:
-Motivation: Felix knows the value of the statuesque, steady progress across decades and over centuries. No matter what a system is being shocked with, or towards what ends it is being shocked, shocking something runs the risk of irepariable damage; be it a body, corporate entity, or society. At the same time, he knows stagnation is a disease that destroys the heart of anything it touches. A balance between anarchy and tyranny must be attained and maintained at all times else war erupts to restore the equilibrium by terrible force.
But at the same time Felix is enticed by the idea of living in interesting times; none can be the hero when the times are plan, and safe.
-Truthsayer: Felix, while he can be deceptive, can’t bring himself to flat out lie. He can readily say his name is Drake, Samuel, or David, as they’re names he has been given, but he could not say that the moon is made of cheese, he could how ever say that it is commonly referred to as cheese. And when attempting to lie, he becomes intensely unsettled and starts acting equally uncomfortable and nervous.
-Modest: Felix is a very modest person, while normally not an issue, it is when changing from a cat into one of his other forms, causing him to be reluctant to do so when there are witnesses or when he has nothing to cloth himself with.
-Catnip: When he is in his hybrid or cat form , he can readily be made drunk with catnip.
-Silver allergy: moderate quantities of silver cause his nose to become stuffed and large quantities cause his eyes to become agitated, and moderate general swelling (that makes his fur fluff up).
Physical contact with silver is agitating and prolonged contact can suppress his meta-human abilities, locking him in one form.
-Density: In his natural, ‘hybrid’, form Felix is bizarrely dense; despite looking like he should weigh no more than thirty mounds at the extreme outside, of possibilities, he instead ways a, relatively, staggering one hundred and ten pounds.
[This causes him to also sink like a stone; a very, very heavy stone]
[Moderate quantities meaning a drawer of silverware, for example, large quantities is anything notably more (or anywhere silver has been recused into fin particles)]

Alternate Identities:
-Drake Eichmann: Felix’s first alias complete with full papers, he considers the alias used up, as it clearly stats he is twenty one, when he clearly isn’t. It was used during his ‘high school’ years while going to a high school owned by the The Gryphon Corporation. If anyone got access to his transcript they could readily find he was attending college level classes.

-Samuel James North: A very recent, and still viable, alias, which he employed while investigating the Centre for Meta-human Rights.
Age fifteen runaway with no sense of direction, an eccentric and intensely curious nature, and a knack for wandering off and finding his way into staff rooms and other areas that students are normally not invited into.
His only listed power is the ability to transformation into, albeit large, house cat; an ability he commonly used while checking around the school for “hiding spots*”.
[*This persona, little changed from his normal self, adores the game “hide and seek” and took any excuse to play it, coupled with his ability to be annoyingly curious, it was not uncommon for someone to say “I’m it” before he would dash off and get himself lost in the building. (and one time he got stuck, insideof a wall, he was fleeing from another student who wanted to make him into her pet, there was a hole knocked into the wall from another student’s ‘outbreak’]

-David fletcher: Felix’s present alias. Age fifteen, single child, survived a plane crash that killed his parents. He is a trust fund baby who’s, major, assets are being managed until he is age thirty two. His present guardian is Trace Turner, a businessman and family friend.
Foul play is suspected in the crash, but nothing is yet released to the public, the investigation, eleven years old, is a cold case file.

Biography: Felix “copycat” Jaeger, a low level agent of the Gryphon Corporation who has, to date, been on one misson; the infultration Centre for Meta-human Rights. Preparing him for this role was a pampered life of privilege, and lazing about in front of the extra-large window in the siting room.

Impressive as the mission initially sounds, he did little more than attend classes and functions the center provides under an alias; after each event, be it an average school day or an annual event, he would be debriefed and, once a week he would undergo tests, including a general psych test. It was an effort to see if the center was performing any kind of indoctrination. That Felix still did, and dos, appear and act young complied with his ability to recite recall details normally lost in translation, made him an ideal candidate for the mission.
[That he had led a remarkably sheltered life up to this point caused him to spew out even the most mundane information in great abundance.]

Felix was not informed of the findings of the instigation when he was extracted nor is he even aware of if or if not the investigation is still ongoing, nor has he inquired; he has since been reassigned to something, more interesting.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
will go into details soon's I have some time, but wanted to point out a couple things real quick. :

Speed: 3-4 was what I said would be OK with move-by action, takedown 2 is a bit OP with any form of speed, I'd prefer if it were just not part of the picture.. Not that I send too many minion swarms anyways, but if/when I do I don't want them all taken out by a single round of super-speed attacks.

Gryphon - I'll state again, the Gryphon Corp does NOT run a school, they have been far too paranoid about keeping low profiles up until now to be involved with a 'mutant school'. If you want to be affiliated with a plot-relevant school, there is the one in Metro City where the whole thing started, or the one that Drake started within the last year.

Regen - I have no problem with the Regen, just with the FADES. As I said in my earlier post, it makes it far too convoluted to try and figure out which rounds you regen and rest on as it looses a rank every time it works. I'd just go with Regen 5.. same cost, same general effect, far less complicated.

Motivation - I don't really get his motivation.. A character's motivation is supposed to be something that pushes and drives them to do things for an important reason/cause (Important to them at least).
His is basically just a list of likes/dislikes : He likes progress, he dislikes stagnation, he likes balance, he likes interesting times, he dislikes safe plans(That last part could be a complication by itself, but don't see how it's motivating.. except maybe motivating him to be impulsive).. What's the motivation?

Zerith

First Post
Regen: sorry, got your issue mixed up ^_^;
G.C + School = No, just no. Got it ^^;
Tackdown: Right, Removing.

Motivation: I either do well with words, or I make brains into brownies, tasty tasty brownies.
basicly he knows, or at least thinks, while change is good and needed, too much too fast can be far worse then any amount of stagnation. Thus with the still relatively recent, and 'overwhelming' unveiling of metas the world needs a good, long, breather were metas are not on the headlines every day, or every other day. He sees the possibility of world war 3 if tense rise too much further; it's something to avoid.

At the same time, he is still at the point in his life were he believes himself 'the hero' and wants his moment of glory, and he knows a moments of glory only happen in 'interesting times' as the old saying goes, times of war for example. 'Lucky' from what he can tell a second cold war is already underway, and the last cold war was nothing if not interesting.
this means he can have his moment of glory without abandoning his morals and sparking the flames of war.

Yes, he wants to have his cake and eat it to :3

Jemal

Adventurer
Motivation - I guess what I'm having trouble with is that Motivations should be (at least the way I view them) Fairly straightforward and easily describable.. usually with either a single word or sentence.. Revenge, Responsibility, Greed, Simple Desire to do good, Need for recognition, etc. It is something that drives them towards specific goals, something that helps to dictate their actions when things get tough.

Your motivation is great personality/background info, but seems too catchall for the 'driving force' behind a character. As you said, it's 'have your cake and eat it too', but that doesn't seem very fitting for a Character motivation.

Anyways, onto the other bits:

First up, you don't need the morph 'array'. I'd said before that so long as only one of them was powered (Hybrid I believe), and the cat/human were using the 'unpowered/partially powered' complication, that you would be fine with just a single rank of morph.
EDIT: Just noticed that your cat-form IS powered, so n/m.

[sblock=Hybrid]
First up, If you need to shave some points, I'd suggest taking them out of Dexterity. I understand the fluff behind it - the cat-guy being real dextrous - but mechanically its just a point sink, you don't it for anything - You have no ranged attacks, and don't use the linked skills (Sleight of Hand/Vehicles).
Also Agility is the better fluff anyways, as Cats don't tend to use Hand-eye co-ordination for anything.

Defenses -
Since you picked Powerful as your trait, you are limited to trade-offs of 2, so your caps are 7-11. Your Dodge of 11 is maxed cap, but why did you leave Toughness lower(It could be 7), and why not max Parry to 11? It puts you at a rather severe combat disadvantage to not have your defenses at their PL cap.
Especially since Hybrid seems to be your 'combat' form.

Claw Attack +12 attack, Toughness DC 22.
Problem : You're 1 over your PL cap(7/11, like defenses), your attack bonus can't pass 11 if you have a rank 7 damage attack. Simple solution - Move a skill point out of close combat and into something else (I suggest Stealth, since it's not maxed anymore)

Senses: As I think I said before, Sight is already Acute, you don't need to pay more for that.. did you mean Smell?

Speed - You have a typo in speed that says Leaping 3(2). The total cost is right though, which is what makes me think its a typo.

Regen + Takedown have allready been adressed, so I'll just wait for the new revision.. We're getting there. ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=cat]
Defenses:
I count 11 pp spent, not 8: Parry 2, Fort 3, Will 6.

Skills:
I count 26 pp spent, not 29 (amusingly that evens out the defense over-spending)
Acrobatics should only be 13 (2 ranks + 11 agi).

Powers:
Shrinking:
This isn't a mechanical note, more a fluff one - Shouldn't the cat's Shrink rank be higher? At rank 6, the cat would still be a rather large cat, roughly 2 feet tall - only slightly smaller than your 3' tall hybrid.
Senses: As with Hybrid, Sight is already Acute and you don't need to pay for it.

Claw Attack: I doubt you'll be using it in cat form, but the Cats claw should be dc 16, not 15 (You forgot to add the 1 for the single rank damage effect)

Other: Cat still has ~ 17 points left.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
One more thing, just had a thought about your Regeneration -
You could split it, a small regen as a 'base' power to represent your body naturally healing itself, and then an enhanced regeneration that requires effort on your part, to represent Felix actively using his morphic nature to heal wounds..
Something like
Regen 2 - 2pp
Enhanced Regen 8 (Tiring -1) = 4 pp.

Total would cost 6pp (1 more than the current version), and would give you passive regen 2 (once every 5 rounds), and then you could activate it (Free action, but gives you a level of fatigue) to gain a total REGEN of 10 (Once every round) for a minute, at which point it would shut off and you would return to regen 2. You could also replace the tiring with other flaws that could make sense - Increased Action(Move) so that you have to "maintain" it each round with a move action, representing Felix actively healing himself.

Zerith

First Post
Cat form claw: it's strength based, the + one is made nil by the -1 Str :(

Cat vs hybrid form size: at shrink rank 4 anything from 4' to 2' tall and 8 to 60 pounds is normal. at rank 8 normal hight is 2' to 1' and 8 to 1 pounds is normal. this said, bying that his cat form is quadpedal, his hight is basically cut in half, meaning at tiny size(the size of an average cat) he is at max 1' tall even and he is a 1' 6" tall cat who is 17 pounds heavy. (I'll note he is very lengthy)
This is to say, if his cat form stood up strait, it would be around the height of his hybrid form: but not as well built

I figure 6 ranks is around 3' to 1'5" and 15 to 2 pounds; if anything I should shave a rank off :/
[keeping in mind he is based on a F1 Savannah cat, that are extremely large for house cats]
But I might make him into a smaller cat now that I can go ahead and spend up to 145 p in his cat form.

Skill/Def totals: got lazy, knew I was under PP total so yesh ^^;

Leaping: I Was going to make it need a acrobatic check, but I felt it was too much cheese. he would need to roll a 13 to fully pass the normal rank and this knocks the PP cost to 2, and if I went ahead and bumped up the skill check until leap was 1 PP, he would still only need a 19 to get use of all 3 ranks: he can't roll acrobatics lower then a flat 20. I figured it was like the density thing: cheese.

Regen: hmm, I could make it be increased action: move, and give it distracting: drop it down to 3PP and back down to 5 PP total.
or if I wanted to be sneaky, do that and move one point from his passive healing over to his active healing so that the total cost is 4.. I think I'll be sneaky and do this :3

Motivation: well he kind of has four basic motivaters, adventure, thrills, personal glory, and to do good.

He is still very young , given his life expectancy and he wants something to look back on and say "I did that".

He wants to do things that are exiting, but he also sees no point in empty thrills: skydiving for example, leaping out of a perfectly good plane, for nothing. that dos not interest him but :maintaining wold peace while putting his life on the line to do so? that is a thrill that interests him greatly.

Again, he has a long life ahead of him, and wants to be able to say "I did that" but even that won't last forever and he also wants something that he will be remembered for long after he is gone.

He is also a goody too shoes, he likes to be helpful and generally make the would a better place: I think most of the PCs have this as a motive in one way or another :/

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases