Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Walking Dad

First Post
Huh, to do a grapple check, do I have to roll anything, or does the opposition just roll a resistance check? :confused: Used to the old ways of rolling grapple checks.
You make a standard grapple attack roll. In your character's case this is the same as her (enhanced) Fighting of 9, so you roll 1d20+9 vs the targets Parry. If she hits, her target has to Str or Dodge with a DC of her Str +10.

This is possibly modified by the characters advantages.

GRAB (STANDARD ACTION)

You attempt to grab a target. Make an attack check against the target. If successful, the target makes a resistance check against your Strength (or the rank of a grabbing effect) using the better of Strength or Dodge. If you win with one degree of success, the target is restrained (immobile and vulnerable). Two or more degrees leave your opponent bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired). You can attempt to improve an existing hold with another grab action on a following turn. Any resulting degrees of success are cumulative, but if you lose, the target escapes.
You are hindered and vulnerable while grabbing and holding an opponent. You can maintain a successful grab as a free action each turn, but cannot perform other actions requiring the use of your grabbing limb(s) while doing so. Since maintaining a grab is a free action, you can take a standard action to inflict your Strength damage to a grabbed target on subsequent turns after the grab is established.
You can drag a restrained or bound target along with you when you move. The target gets a Strength resistance check against your Strength. If it fails, you move and the target moves along with you. If the target resists, you are immobilized that turn unless you release your hold on the target.
You can end a grab (releasing your target) as a free action. If you are unable to take the free action maintain the hold, the target is automatically released. A target can attempt to escape from a grab as a move action (see Escape).

Zerith

First Post
I want to make a post T_T

This said, given how quickly Laura got dominated, it would make sense for them to get back to the room within 30-45 minutes of her leaving the hotel initially: so, she can get a nice meal, while Felix is still agitated about getting 'healthy' ingredients.
[Rant on!]

Keep in mind, the only thing 'unhealthy' about what he was going to make and how? high calories, given how active the entire team is (Grid excluded for the most part) that's a good thing, and given that the entire team is also by enlarge young makes its even better, most young adults should have about 3250 calories per day: if you eat at McDonalds and make everything large sized while getting nothing but burgers and fries and sodas, I think you can get into 4000, 4500 calories with 3 meals, but if you're highly active, you can burn off 4000 in a day easy. Felix can Blitz through 4000 in a afternoon... So yes, low calorie diets are actually on the unhealthy side for Felix unless he just stays in his human form all day

And Felix just wanted to make real chicken Fettuccine Alfredo!
Also, going to assume Felix 'rolls' a 10 when cooking, meaning? he is an above average four star chief :3
... yes, a professional chef who has been forced to order room service for how long before finally getting to cook something, getting his hops up, and then getting handed Splenda? Now, give the Chef a temper and supper powers :hmm:

Sorry for the rant... this is just what happens when I can't post for too long when I'm already signed up for an RP :/

[Rant Off]

BBs

First Post
Ah I loved your rants during the game hehe, as for the room idea. I think the girls would want to stay where they are so they don't travel around in their ... "Clothes" for as much as possible. After a new pair of clothes, yeah the hotel room would be Laura's first destination.

Zerith

First Post
Clothes, like the ones in the room, that Felix just washed... Now, doesn't Laura have a phone? that she could use to make a call for, lets say, a change of cloths? Just a thought ^_^
(and if she is missing her phone, barrow one mayhaps? :p)

Jemal

Adventurer
Yeah, Laura does happen to be traveling with a well-funded speedster who's part of a powerful secret agency... shouldn't be too hard to not only get some clothing, but get ahold of people to clean up the mess.

Also makes for a way of introducing the new guys to the group.

BBs

First Post
Well the other reason for staying behind is to make sure the goons don't escpae, and if police are arriving, hand them over. Then again, seeing how that might impede on the mission would be a bad idea, hrmmmm.

Zerith

First Post
it's a major city in G. corps backyard; the odds that there are no stationed assets in Los Vegas for Uomo to call in on a whim is next to nun, and the odds the Felix could not get assistance is also low.;)

Jemal

Adventurer
One of the many reasons I hate party splits. >< I'm trying to get everybody together so we can move on.

Would everybody be ok if I commandered your characters to speed this along with a time skip?

Remove ads