RPG News for Wednesday, 6 April, 2011 inc. Heroes of Shadow Review

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[title]Pre-Release Review of Heroes of Shadow[/title]

Check out EN World's official review of the upcoming D&D sourcebook! Plus vote in the attached poll, reaarding your preferences towards Essentials or non-Essentials content in official products.

With only a few exceptions, there is simply some amazing and exciting new content contained in the pages of Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow. For D&D players who participate in pure D&D Essentials campaigns, or in "kitchen-sink" campaigns where 4E material from any source is allowed (Traditional and Essentials), there is no doubt that this book easily qualifies in the must-have category ... however, while I cannot deny that Heroes of Shadow is a great book for Essentials D&D gaming, I still find myself extremely disappointed over this new Player's Option book - because of what it lacks for gamers who want to maintain their Traditional D&D 4E campaigns.

[title]In Other News...[/title]
  • :3e: Torag the Crusher What do you get when you cross a red dragon, an orc, and an ogre? Your PCs are about to find out, as Torag the Crusher, a hulking brute whose ugliness is matched only by his temper has been ravaging the countryside.
  • :pf: Un-Familiar Companions Full details for clockwork, wondrous, and undead familiars for Pathfinder characters.
  • :pf: Pathways #2 e-Zine Second issue of the free Pathfinder e-zine. Contains a collection of haunts and templates, high-level foes and combining monstrosities, feats and domains, and an interview with Tim Hitchcock.
  • :rpg: Review of Flying Buffalo's Monster Dice If you think you need to read a review of dice, I guess there's this one.
  • :4e: More Gibbering Oracles on KQ There's more than one way for your divine characters to show their inspirations. Today is part 2 of 4, the Fugue Warrior Paragon Path for Paladins.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases