Sinking Ever Deeper [OOC]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man who delivered the note sits at a table and fusses over his surroundings. He nervously adjusts the forks and knives around the plates sitting in front of him. You notice that despite being there for a time, he hasn't called for any food or drink. From his entrance and the look on his face you could guess that he has no intention of putting anything in this establishment near his mouth.
As you enter he passes a critical eye over you. After a moment of scrutiny he waves you towards one of the five other seats around the table. Once the last straggler has arrived he rises smoothly to his feet to address you. His voice is rich and cultured sounding. "I am Visil Boregart, paramount of my masters private estates. One of his recent acquisitions is the former mansion of Lord Ilusti of the House of Masters." He pauses a for a brief moment as if to see if that name had any meaning to you. At your blank expressions he grimaces slightly and moves on. ""Our recent renovations of the structure have uncovered a number of objects we need removed from the premises as soon as possible so that work can continue. As Paramount I dislike reliance on the Labor guilds, and do not trust the caliber of character of the dockhands and other men for hire. My inquiries among my contacts at the Land Owners guilds revealed that a number of men were hired from this establishment to satisfactory ends. I am hoping to repeat their success and will pay handsomely upon its completion."

He removes a small stack of papers from inside his suitcoat and sets them before you. They appear to be contracts drawn up by a barrister. They indicate that you are employed directly to a one Visil Boregart for a term no longer than 24 hours for the purpose of removing an unspecified number of unspecified objects from an estate in the Roses District. While most of the text is so full of legalese that you can barely follow all the binding rules, you do note that buried in it is a paragraph designed to silence the undersigned from discussing any part of the job after it is done.

Know. Local DC12 or Nobility/History DC14
[SBLOCK]
You recall hearing of Lord Ilusti once. He was a former Guild Master of the Smiths guild. Like many men of power he had his vices and one of them led to his disgrace and removal from the guild. He had a great appetite for gambling and racked up quite a debt over the years. Eventually he had to sell off all of his estates to pay what he owed. It was said that he still owed money to some unscrupulous folks before he disappeared.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC - Rules
[SBLOCK]
I'm recruiting 5 1st level PC's for a short adventure in the city. Please link to your character pages on the LPW Wiki when you introduce yourselves. Despite what his note said about "strong backs", I'm looking for any characters that are interested. Once we have 5 characters (And a second judge approval for the adventure) I'll start the Game thread.

I'd like to try some things a little differently for combat. At the start of an encounter I will roll a party initiative using the average of everyone's initiative vs the NPC's average. The order that you post in is the initiative order for that round. I'm hoping to eliminate any waiting on other players actions or having to edit posts because the person ahead of you did something that changes what you would do. I've never tried it before but from my other experiences I think this might work out well.

Any players that haven't posts after a few days I will either give them an action or have them aid another that round. I'm somewhat slow posting, usually 2-3 days between updates so you should have plenty of time for your own actions once we get rolling.

Other than that, good luck!you'll need it...
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Visil.jpg
    Visil.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

SJRSamurai

First Post
Zoryk Wolfheart Lvl 1 Sorcerer

[sblock]Zoryk Wolfheart (SJRSamurai) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki[/sblock]

Zoryk Wolfheart walks in, he solemnly bows before the nobleman, sits on the exact chair mentionned to him and listens intently to his words. As the man begins shuffling his papers Zoryk makes his case.

"A pleasure to meet you Sir Boregart, I am Zoryk Wolfheart, although I may not look it, I was once apprenticed to Master smith Bronn Wolfheart in the Incudine district and able to pull my own weight. I suspect these objects should not pose a problem." says the half-elf with a smile.

Seeing the papers drop in front of him, the young sorcerer tries to contain his enthusiasm as he prepares to sign them.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo opens the door and sees the distinguished gentleman. he bows t ohim without spilling a drop of the dark ale. When he is gestured to a seat he takes one accross from the man, then continues to sip his ale in silence. when handed a contract he reads it slowly and carefully.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim enters the room at the back of the Inn finding the well to do man looking a little out of place. Fulgrim offers a brief nod, saying "If'n a strong back is what ye lookin' fer, I'm yer dwarf." before taking a seat next to Vincenzo.

When handed a contact he reviews it closely, though obviously frustrated with the verbosity muttering something about all this to do some work. Putting the papers down much to quickly to have actually read them, Fulgrim nudges Vincenzo, "Bit much 'o readin' fer me. Does dis work look legit?"

[sblock=OOC]

My character is still waiting approval, but I don't expect any issues with that process as its a pretty clear cut character.

Fulgrim Ironforge, L1 Barbarian

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo continues to read but still answers Fulgrim, "I. don't. quite. know. for . sure. " it is apperent by watching him for a short time he has been re-reading the contract. He is actually trying to make sense of it.
*shudder* "I think therre are some holes of information that probbly won't be answered unless you agree to the non-disclosure statement, revealing the unspecified items specifically brings a rather stiff pennalty, but even that is not specifcally is left unspecific. specoifically."*sigh*

IronWolf

blank
"Hhmph. Why can't folk jest write what dey thinkin'" Fulgrim states still looking a bit bewilderedly at the paper. "Guess'n if it's good 'nuff fer you, then it'll pass fer me.

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo wipes his brow from slogging through the legalese and the looks to Fulgrim. Nodding he then signs the document. "I don't like documents that don't say anything, but lets have and adventure anyway!" He passes thed signed document back to the well dressed executor of this estate.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim shrugs "Good 'nuff fer me then. he says as he scribbles something on the signature line of the contract and pushes it back across the table.

SJRSamurai

First Post
Seeing Vicenzo and Fulgrim sign their contracts, Zoryk signs his and then gets comfortable in his chair wondering if Nathan or Elenka will join them.

Tark

First Post
Temarel enters quietly. Feeling somehow that he was violating some kind of hidden adventurer's code. He was invited? Right?

He looked down at he contract and attempted to decipher its meanings without any success. Were all such human contracts so...twisty?

He didn't even notice Sauvressa reading over his shoulder. She frowned deeply and said bluntly. "I do not like this paper. It binds you in treachery, beloved. It is written by evil hands."

Temarel looked at her, then looked at the others agonizing over the decision. It did occur to him that it was very strange that armed men were needed just to move furniture. His father would have been appalled at the idea of not having the servants, or better yet him, do it. Then again furniture was rarely, if ever, moved. Furniture was rather rare, plenty of blankets and pillows, plenty of lounging area, but very few actual chairs or tables.

"I must admit this seems rather...excessive."

[sblock=ooc]Character is also waitnig approval. If it doesn't come at a time that you feel works feel free to abandon me in the inn.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases